Drag Race All Stars | Our first (and last) ALL STAR!

Citrus

57 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

The legend I named Colleen after noticed me again just now. Is it a sign I will be successful this challenge?

GeWZUmb.gif

I hope so!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Citrus

• Buddy!

• Vulnicura

• Tsareena

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

The legend I named Colleen after noticed me again just now. Is it a sign I will be successful this challenge?

GeWZUmb.gif

Are you implying you received a tweet from Duchess Ballinger?

1 minute ago, Rhisiart said:

Are you implying you received a tweet from Duchess Ballinger?

a direct message actualli x

GeWZUmb.gif

1 hour ago, Vulnicura said:

I hope so!

thank you babes xx

unless this was shade then no thank you babes xx

50 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

a direct message actualli x

GeWZUmb.gif

Oh wow slay

I liked her before, but I feel like she has been really fake these past months but werk dish

GeWZUmb.gif

1 minute ago, CHANEL™ said:

Hide contents

Reddit said whatever queen goes home this week comes back at the final 4 in a surprise RuTurn.

GeWZUmb.gif

4 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Oh wow slay

I liked her before, but I feel like she has been really fake these past months but werk dish

GeWZUmb.gif

I haven’t paid attention to her in the longest. Miranda got old after I saw her live, and the divorce lowkey left me heartbroken wksbazbajsb

Edited by Rhisiart

3 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Oh wow slay

GeWZUmb.gif

I've always liked her since I was young so I'll always like her no matter what but I feel you, sometimes she can come across a lil weirdly x

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Rhisiart said:

I haven’t paid attention to her in the longest. Miranda got old after I saw her live, and the divorce lowkey left me heartbroken wksbazbajsb

I used to love her covers but it got too much for me when she started the uncle thing

1 minute ago, Tsareena said:

I used to love her covers but it got too much for me when she started the uncle thing

:deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

I think she used to be really funny when she was riffing on theatre geeks and pretentious singers, but somewhere along the way, the character morphed into something really uncomfortable and tryhard. :toofunny3: And it was a gradual transformation, where eventually I was like, “I’m out.” :rip:

She has yet to top her opus.

I think she used to be really funny when she was riffing on theatre geeks and pretentious singers, but somewhere along the way, the character morphed into something really uncomfortable and tryhard. :toofunny3: And it was a gradual transformation, where eventually I was like, “I’m out.” :rip:

yeah I haven't watched iranda videos in ages but I just like colleen's vlogs and chatty vids

59 minutes ago, Rhisiart said:

1:39 I'm ****ing DEAD Daj7wql.gif

Not the critiques from last week ;ahfdiusagfiudsagi

I didn't get to write reviews yet, but my rankings are in line with the actual ones this week. I think most of y'all did really great and I want to get you that written feedback, so I'll get on that ASAP.

Ugh, I barely have time to re-wig myself from AS3. :jonny2:

f0bEAUL.png

Episode 4 - Musical Queerter

Judges' Critiques

2014-04-22_11_58_41.gif

Carrie said...

read more books

Aciid said...

eat mas culo

Tangerine said...

Colleen:

The playbill was probably the best part of your entry, very simple but very fitting for what the actual production was about. That part was nice. I'll be honest, I don't really like the whole basis of this musical. Dyslexia is definitely something you could do a lot of interesting things with, but this whole thing came across a bit pedestrian where musicals are supposed to be larger than life. Nothing about the plot or the character grabbed me and this was highlighted in your songs, which were very elementary and simple. They just narrated what was happening and they didn't flow super well. Songs should build character and interest, but these were real basic. I give you some points for effort but otherwise unimpressive this week. 

The runway is, as you said, standard Colleen, and that's fine. It didn't excite me but it's not bad. It's reminiscent of a lot of your other looks which is ok, but I think you could've taken an opportunity to do something different here. Either some glam or something based on your play. This is just another Colleen look to me.

Pixel

You didn't seem to try this week. Therefore I'm going to return the sentiment with my critiques. This sucked.

Carbon:

I'm glad you said "so bad it's good" cus that song was corny as hell. But I didn't hate it. I assume you're not a proper songwriter so for what it was I enjoyed it. The playbill cover is very right, I could absolutely see this hanging at my local theater. The premise is real cute too, very extravagant and outrageous. I definitely was perched to read it when I read the teaser. I would actually like to see where this was going so you got my interest for sure. Good work on this.

The runway is really good. I don't know if I like it for this particular category, but it's nice nonetheless. Like Colleen, I think I might've liked either full glam or something referencing the play. Which I guess this is in a roundabout way, since your play is about your drag :rip:

Chanel:

The playbill cover is... ok. It's certainly very you. I don't really like to look at it but I guess it's somewhat fitting. The rest is much better. Do not think I haven't noticed the effort you put into this. This was like some **** professionals would do. Unlike most of the others you gave us full fantasy, the fact that you had an actual setlist and the entire presentation. If you aren't a theater gay then you definitely did some research. This really could make a musical, maybe not one I would see, but it's definitely the one I most enjoyed reading here. You're no songwriter, this I know, this we all know, but I think your sheer drama and sense of direction can kind of redeem that a little. You gave your world character and your characters life, and that can really make up for some deficiencies in a song.

The runway was kind of a combination of a glam look and then a reveal into a very... Chanel look. I'm not mad at it. It's actually rather gorgeous and I'll let it pass, but a note to all of you bitches that a bunch of belts used as a skirt or a dress is not gonna fly after this round. I've seen it enough.

Stone:

When did you become a comedy queen? It was a really smart move to know your limits on a challenge like this and then deconstruct it into something you can actually do. The way you presented it, as if it was a budget school play version of Rocky Horror, worked for me and really helped ease out all the rough edges in it. I like that you thought out a full setlist and plot, beyond what the challenge asked of you. Was the plot summary the greatest? No. Was the song worth a damn? No. Was that playbill anything serious? Hell no. But it all served the effect well. I enjoyed this, a lot, even in spite of the glaring deficiencies. Charm can get you very far. And tell me why this is the best entry you've ever done across two seasons?

The runway look is blah. It's fine. I wish you would've done something messy and befitting of the play you just shat out in front of us. Something totally Frank-n-Furter or equally raunchy. This is like standard Stone, but you could've made a claim for a campy, nasty comedy queen yet.

Gladys:

Well, here's the theater gay. This is probably the most "real" musical here. Somewhat ordinary premise without coming across too boring or pedestrian and a nice playbill to back it up. The plot is simple but nice, and like the two above I'm glad to see just how much thought you put into all of it. The song is also good, the whole thing is very competent and well put together. I personally would never go to see this but it's still a very fully realized entry. There's not really a detail out of place so good job this week.

The runway look is fine, I don't particularly like the direction you took it but I suppose it was done in a stylish way. It's an ok look, if nothing to gag over.

Pea:

Your irreverent sense of humour definitely comes through here, this would be another cult classic type of show. The playbill is great, lots of gags and laughs throughout and the song is quite nice too. I think the video as unecessary. The other videos you've done have been killer but this one is just a bit limp. The writing isn't up to your usual standards. I do enjoy this entry but it feels... rushed? I think you could've polished it further and really made a stellar product. It's good as is, but could've been great. 

The runway is fine. Look at you playing with shape. It's like average. Nothing to gag over nor anything super offensive. I know I said this a lot already but I wanted either a full glam look or something relating to the play for these looks and this is just kind of there.

Faye said...

Colleen
Your playbill set the tone well but let's get right to it: this felt quite emotional and too tense.

Not all Drag Race entries have to lean onto the comedy route per say but damn, this was devoid of gusto in a sense.
I've seen you turn out many powerful stories before. For instance; your first BTM2 lipsync in S4 or your Sissy this season.

At this point, while I'm sure it's poignant for you to express these stories it's feeling really one note for me now.
I was waiting for a balance of light-heartedness and seriousness but it was solemn from beginning to end. When it comes to fashion you're extremely creative, finessed and ambitious so I need that in your written entries going forward. 

Pixel
You tried to commit suicide in S3 but you actually did it with that playbill cause :rip:

The musical... is... um... creative at least? A story about becoming Queen of Hell with a Zodiac theme? What kind of Yu-Gi-Oh arcthype gone wrong is this?

PEA, circa episode 2, is written all over this entry so I needn't write more.

Carbon
F**K ME UP WITH THAT PLAYBILL.YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Psychedelic, camp, drag and reeking of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
DTIX911XkAA15F4.jpg

The story is so quriky and unique. You really stood out for me this challenge.
Kind of like a twisted gay drag version of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. So much fun though.
I'm so happy with your entry this challenge, fantastic job sis.

Chanel
Nice title bitch.
Stylistically this has you all over it. Adored the playbill, summary and especially those character profiles. Tone-wise I couldn't be happier that we got emotionally vulnerable Chanel rather than the more common "I'm Shannel and I wear costumes" (aka 100% bitchy diva Chanel). We love depth here at ADR.

Your act synopses were concise (given it's you writing, I expected like 7 entries in 1), well articulated and surprisingly; not 10 paragraphs.
Everything was laid out and formatted aptly. Great job overall.

Stone
I loved your BTM2 lip-sync from S4, so naturally I liked this sequel.
Great touch with the backstory by having your sugar daddy force the production via threats.
The self depreciative humour on top of that made for a solid intro.

Your premise was grand but the reviews (like MJ's Doctor) killed me. Felt like a meta wink to when reviewers are clearly being payed to say nice things but they didn't give a f**k in this instance.
Have you ever had the urge to gouge out your own eyeballs? Well, here’s your chance.

I liked the musical itself, but as with many other queens this challenge, you gave me the whole story fleshed out when only a snipped would have sufficed so:

giphy.gif

Gladys
The playbill is sickening. Yes, you have yoai hands on it but the colour, tone and composition are very on point.
Liked the credits page but the "What Else is on Broadway???" poster isn't that clear, I feel you should have just made this digitally  so the writing is easier to read. Appreciate the effort though.

The musical itself is sweet, kind of reads like a CW show but drenched in more corniness. Appropriate for you.

However, we got two long full out acts here when you were asked to provide some dialogue, so length is an issue for me.

PEA
Very solid entry.
You encapsulated your known madness into a cute story that read as an exiled Disney film they try to forget happened.
Origin story? ✔️

Kissing goats? ✔️

Doing politics? ✔️

ATRL's Drag Race journey? ✔️

Depression? ✔️

Renewing your strength at the end? ✔️

Even the cover of Selena Quintanilla-Pérez has this coked out vibe to it that I love.
Screaming @ the painfully accurate Chanel in the video too.

Moonchild said...

Suck more dick

Citrus said...

Dirkn moree alcohsl

@EJQL8 @Rhisiart @Buddy! @Kylie Jenner @Hug @CHANEL™ @keshaspearsxo @Witch Privilege @Vulnicura @talent @feelslikeadream @Aciid @Subomie @True Skarlet @Moonchild @Lémur @PinkBox @mxtthewdelrey 

@Alena @Stan @Tsareena @Slut

:( I like critiques, that's a bit of a bummer, but I understand everyone is busy.

3 minutes ago, CHANEL™ said:

Citrus you dumb bitch where are your critiques?

im trash that's why 

:( I like critiques, that's a bit of a bummer, but I understand everyone is busy.

i'll write y'all critiques tomorrow but I had a mini crisis today and had a panic attack. It's nothing bad but I've been kinda out of it all day

The runway look is blah. It's fine. I wish you would've done something messy and befitting of the play you just shat out in front of us. Something totally Frank-n-Furter or equally raunchy. This is like standard Stone, but you could've made a claim for a campy, nasty comedy queen yet.

I literally thought of this PAST the deadline. I was pissed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.