Billboard Charts (December 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

23 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

I don't understand how Billboard can give some artists such preferential treatment. I have nothing against beyonce, but it's unfair how some artists get the upper hand with Billboard and some don't. 

Eg: the Lay Me Down remix with John Legend. Legend never got credited even though his version was the most popular for at least one week. Beyonce's version had been out for a few hours, and yet BB will still credit her.

Yes! That one always bothered me. The song, literally, jumped 50 spots and yet John never got any credit for it.

I loooove Bey and I'm happy for her getting another #1 and all, but these inconsistencies drive me crazy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• Lovett

18 minutes ago, PULSE. said:

Woo 10 number-ones :clap3:

Not everyone has that (or is even close)

9v5J2yo.gif

I'm surprised by how many people think Perfect was heading to #1 regardless of the remix. It was 15M streams behind Havana last week and over 30M behind Rockstar. That's the equivalent of about 70k sales behind Havana and 140k behind Rockstar. I don't see how it was ever gonna make up that ground on its own.

1 minute ago, NoMythologies said:

I'm surprised by how many people think Perfect was heading to #1 regardless of the remix. It was 15M streams behind Havana last week and over 30M behind Rockstar. That's the equivalent of about 70k sales behind Havana and 140k behind Rockstar. I don't see how it was ever gonna make up that ground on its own.

Exactlty. People are acting like because it reached #3 this week that it was going #1 this week without the remix. They dont know if it would have gone #1 or not but they ran with that excuse because its the only thing they can hold on to. :dies:

19 minutes ago, umich said:

Not everyone has that (or is even close)

9v5J2yo.gif

being bitter is overdone.

9v5J2yo.gif

Edited by PULSE.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Can we be pressed at Bad At Love now? Like, she’s literally just screaming and somehow sneaking in to the top 10.

We'll let you fume alone.

jWNVU03.gif

26 minutes ago, NoMythologies said:

It was heading to #1 anyway thanks to the massive radio support, I'd say.

2 hours ago, Agenor said:

Billboard already credited Beyonce in all the previous charts, even though "points" from her version of "Perfect" would make her eligible for a featured artist credit on the chart that will be published next Tuesday. In short, Billboard broke their own rules.

They already said it's a system error where a remix shows up for every single week now even if it wasn't released then.

5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

We'll let you fume alone.

jWNVU03.gif

I expected better of you.

OT: At least Rockstar’s finally gone :fan: Thanks, Bey.

Just now, Eternium said:

I expected better of you.

OT: At least Rockstar’s finally gone :fan: Thanks, Bey.

Uh, I stan for the pentasexual and pentaracial synesthesia-affected indie-to-pop girl, Halsey. It is known.

jWNVU03.gif

3 hours ago, Agenor said:

fe78f105-d6f1-4031-8139-27e6ce164e0a.png

:huh:

3 hours ago, Agenor said:

Billboard already credited Beyonce in all the previous charts, even though "points" from her version of "Perfect" would make her eligible for a featured artist credit on the chart that will be published next Tuesday. In short, Billboard broke their own rules.

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Billbosrd has a serious problem with adding Beyoncé to a song after its already been on the charts.

this is the same thing as just happened with Mi Gente.

all the perfect credits now have both of them on the hot 100.  It should only say Ed up until this current week. Next week when it goes number one it will add Beyoncé.

like Mi Gente, I'm sure they will be along to fix it up in due time.

1 hour ago, Jacob.23 said:

I don't understand how Billboard can give some artists such preferential treatment. I have nothing against beyonce, but it's unfair how some artists get the upper hand with Billboard and some don't. 

Beyonce's version had been out for a few hours, and yet BB will still credit her.

It's like you guys just decided to pay absolutely no attention when it happened with "Mi Gente". :ace: They're in the process of updating the info for the song, in preparation for this coming week's chart. They are not crediting her retroactively for the song. This exact situation happened a couple of months ago with "Mi Gente" and ATRL typically freaked out, with members actually emailing Billboard. :skull: They will fix it again, so you guys can just calm down.

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Uh, I stan for the pentasexual and pentaracial synesthesia-affected indie-to-pop girl, Halsey. It is known.

jWNVU03.gif

I guess that means I’m team endometriosis?

OT: Hopefully Havana can sneak in a week at #1 next week.

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

ATRL typically freaked out, with members actually emailing Billboard. :skull: 

And what's wrong with this? I e-mail them all the time to see about stuff tbh. I wanted to make sure there wasn't some new rule about remixes.

2rzxukz.jpg

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

I guess that means I’m team endometriosis?

OT: Hopefully Havana can sneak in a week at #1 next week.

More like team ableism. :biblio:

Just now, iHype. said:

And what's wrong with this? I e-mail them all the time to see about stuff tbh. I wanted to make sure there wasn't some new rule about remixes.

2rzxukz.jpg

Because we know damn well why most people emailed them. :rip: You may have been an exception, but let's not pretend like the others did it for the same reason.

19 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

It was heading to #1 anyway thanks to the massive radio support, I'd say.

Perfect was still almost 100 points behind Havana last week. It would need ridiculously big airplay or for Havana to completely collapse to have counterbalanced that.

I don't see how it was ever possible. Perfect just hasn't been able to crack 20M streams on its own. It was another Thunder situation. With how dominant streaming is, it's pretty much impossible to top the charts with less than 30M streams.

1 minute ago, NoMythologies said:

Perfect was still almost 100 points behind Havana last week. It would need ridiculously big airplay or for Havana to completely collapse to have counterbalanced that.

I don't see how it was ever possible. Perfect just hasn't been able to crack 20M streams on its own. It was another Thunder situation. With how dominant streaming is, it's pretty much impossible to top the charts with less than 30M streams.

Yeah, airplay doesn't come instantly anyway. Give it time until January.

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yeah, airplay doesn't come instantly anyway. Give it time until January.

I mean... I know the song was always gonna be massive on radio. And I'm expecting it reach a higher overall AI peak than Havana. But I just don't see how it would have ever been big enough/had enough of a lead to counteract its streaming.

And something new is bound to come around in a couple months. That basically gave Perfect the month of January/beginning of February to snatch the #1. It would need like a 40-50M AI lead over Havana to have a chance. I highly doubt it builds that kind of lead that quickly. But I suppose we'll see.

Either way, it's all moot. The song is guaranteed #1 this week, so it's all just hypotheticals anyway. I definitely think it'll get more than 1 week at #1 as well. But it'll be interesting to see how it fares against Rockstar after this week.

39 minutes ago, iHype. said:

They already said it's a system error where a remix shows up for every single week now even if it wasn't released then.

Thanks for the clarification :smile:. I thought they retroactively do it for all the weeks it charted, before and after the release of the remix.

My original point was why are they doing it before they have the final numbers, the tracking week is not over yet, and even though it is obvious that remix will sell more (I think it's the main factor for crediting the remix, airplay or streaming doesn't seem to be important, or the percentage of overall points) this looks quite unprofessional. :huh:

I think with coachella coming up she might be holding back the POSSIBLE doc. It would be good promotion. Reminds me of the superbowl too....

I wonder if AIWFC will eventually be able to make BB's all time top 100 singles list after enough years of re-charting.

Its run so far:

83-OUT-29-25-21-OUT-26-27-26-OUT-50-40-35-OUT-26-22-18-11-OUT-23-17-20-16-35-OUT-21

It'll be interesting to see what it's run looks like in 10 years.

8 minutes ago, NoMythologies said:

I wonder if AIWFC will eventually be able to make BB's all time top 100 singles list after enough years of re-charting.

Its run so far:

83-OUT-29-25-21-OUT-26-27-26-OUT-50-40-35-OUT-26-22-18-11-OUT-23-17-20-16-35-OUT-21

It'll be interesting to see what it's run looks like in 10 years.

By the time we are all old, Christmas singles and albums will DOMINATE all-time lists and consumption.