H100 prediction: #21 BTS; #10 Bad at Love; #3 Perfect

iHype.

Doing better than expected, less than 80% drop, more sales in the second week than the other pop girls in their first one :clap3: 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B-Rabbit

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• slw84

Spoiler

g, not k though, or not even m? :devil: 

is a good number, my iPhone's capacity :michael: 

Taylor Swift SHOULD HAVE REALLY PROMOTED IT. No VSFS, No AMA on the same day? Where is she NOW?

Edited by kevinnyc

I went to Target yesterday. Her promo is...:flame:

The huge TVs showing Look, racks upon racks of her magazines and CDs. I literally couln't find where other CDs were located for a long time.

peterstyles13
3 hours ago, MaRy said:

Very disappointing with all the promo she’s had...

And what promo are you referring to exactly? :skull:

18 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

And what promo are you referring to exactly? :skull:

All this promo. :cm:

Not her outdoing pop girls first week that have tour bundles in her second. :rip:

She will probably outsell all of the pop girls albums by combined by the end of the year. :deadbanana: 

Edited by Mattyboy

peterstyles13
22 minutes ago, ks_dollar said:

That IS minimal promo for Taylor Alison Swift. Are you sure we are talking about the same person here? :skull:

Here's a list of all the performances she did, up to this exact point 3 years ago, with 1989:

August 24, 2014 2014 MTV Video Music Awards[127] Inglewood, California "Shake It Off"
September 4, 2014 2014 German Radio Awards[128] Marl, Germany "Shake It Off"
September 19, 2014 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival[129] Las Vegas "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "22", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Love Story", "Shake It Off"
October 6, 2014 Le Grand Journal[130] Paris, France "Shake It Off"
October 7, 2014 C à vous[131] Paris, France "Shake It Off"
October 9, 2014 Live Lounge[132] London, England "Shake It Off ", "Love Story", "Riptide"
October 12, 2014 The X Factor UK Season 11[133] London, England "Shake It Off"
October 19, 2014 BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014[134] London, England "Love Story" (Taken from BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge)
October 20, 2014 The X Factor Australia Season 6[135] Sydney, Australia "Shake It Off"
October 23, 2014 Jimmy Kimmel Live![136] Los Angeles, California "Shake It Off", "Out of the Woods", "I Knew You Were Trouble" (not broadcast), "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (not broadcast)
October 24, 2014 We Can Survive 2014[137] Los Angeles, California "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "Out of the Woods", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Shake It Off"
October 24, 2014 Alan Carr: Chatty Man[138] London, England "Shake It Off"
October 27, 2014 The Ellen DeGeneres Show[139] Burbank, California "Shake It Off", "Out of the Woods"
October 27, 2014 Taylor Swift's 1989 Secret Session with iHeartRadio[140] New York City "Welcome to New York", "Shake It Off", "Out of the Woods", "Style", "Blank Space", "Shake It Off"
October 28, 2014 Late Show with David Letterman[141] New York City "Welcome to New York"
October 30, 2014 Good Morning America[142] New York City "Welcome to New York", "Out of the Woods", "Shake It Off"
November 5, 2014 Mezamashi TV[143] Tokyo, Japan "Shake It Off"
November 6, 2014 Sukkiri Morning Show[144] Tokyo, Japan "Shake It Off"
November 7, 2014 SONGS[145] Tokyo, Japan "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "Blank Space", "Shake It Off"
November 23, 2014 2014 American Music Awards[146] Los Angeles, California "Blank Space"
November 25, 2014 The Voice USA Season 7[147] New York City "Blank Space"

That is excluding the DOZENS of interviews and public appearances she did as well.

Live performances this era so far: 2

Interviews so far this era: 0

Edited by peterstyles13

1 hour ago, peterstyles13 said:

That IS minimal promo for Taylor Alison Swift. Are you sure we are talking about the same person here? :skull:

Here's a list of all the performances she did, up to this exact point 3 years ago, with 1989:

That is excluding the DOZENS of interviews and public appearances she did as well.

Oop

Females with most weeks #1 on Billboard 200:

1. Whitney Houston - 46
  2. Taylor Swift - 37
  3. Adele - 34
  4. Mariah Carey - 30
  5. Barbara Streisand - 25

I actually saw the UPS truck with Reputation on it...i was so shocked

2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

You are wrong because you think promotion only encompasses live performances and interviews. Promotion encapsulates anything Taylor's label purchases and organises to popularize her and Reputation. Although she has not given much live performances and interviews, she has well and truly utilised other types of promotion that overcompensate the lack of performances/interviews.

This includes: TV ads around the globe, partnering with UPS to advertise the Reputation album cover on delivery trucks and ensuring the album is delivered on time of release day to customers and creating multiple associated promotional videos, developing a unique Ticketmaster system that is tailored around Reputation, hosting multiple secret sessions, promoting the secret sessions on Good Morning America, partnering with AT&T to create a series of videos about Reputation, premiering New Years Day on ABC's Scandal, airing that performance on the DUFF's air of Freedom, promoting Reputation on a racecar, partnering with ABC to use LWYMMD as a soundtrack for TV ads that promote its TV shows, partnering with College Football to create TV ads that use LWYMMD as the soundtrack, developing a social media mobile application called "The Swift Life", creating exclusive deals with Target to promote Reputation include POS stands tailor towards the album and the massive magazine gimmick, heavy radio payola, music videos that exceed the budgets of her previous music videos, making Ready For It the official theme song for American Football, and probably a lot more I missed.

:cm:

Edited by ks_dollar

8 hours ago, iHype. said:

Taylor went from making her debut single about Tim McGraw to blocking him on the charts. The evolution :dies:

A SONG.

10 hours ago, iHype. said:

Taylor went from making her debut single about Tim McGraw to blocking him on the charts. The evolution :dies:

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

1. Whitney Houston - 46
  2. Taylor Swift - 37
  3. Adele - 34
  4. Mariah Carey - 30

she is coming for Whitney`s wig.

But then Adele might snatch that before with 32

8 hours ago, americanlife said:

It's probably too early to tell, but how big of a chance does Taylor have at getting a third consecutive week at #1?

Checking iTunes on Friday usually gives you a good idea about that. Nothing was released that is any sort of threat.

Pentatonix will be #2 next week on the BB200 I guess :rip:

They have their Christmas special on NBC tonight and already at 47k units this week anyway. 

5 hours ago, ks_dollar said:

You are wrong because you think promotion only encompasses live performances and interviews. Promotion encapsulates anything Taylor's label purchases and organises to popularize her and Reputation. Although she has not given much live performances and interviews, she has well and truly utilised other types of promotion that overcompensate the lack of performances/interviews.

This includes: TV ads around the globe, partnering with UPS to advertise the Reputation album cover on delivery trucks and ensuring the album is delivered on time of release day to customers and creating multiple associated promotional videos, developing a unique Ticketmaster system that is tailored around Reputation, hosting multiple secret sessions, promoting the secret sessions on Good Morning America, partnering with AT&T to create a series of videos about Reputation, premiering New Years Day on ABC's Scandal, airing that performance on the DUFF's air of Freedom, promoting Reputation on a racecar, partnering with ABC to use LWYMMD as a soundtrack for TV ads that promote its TV shows, partnering with College Football to create TV ads that use LWYMMD as the soundtrack, developing a social media mobile application called "The Swift Life", creating exclusive deals with Target to promote Reputation include POS stands tailor towards the album and the massive magazine gimmick, heavy radio payola, music videos that exceed the budgets of her previous music videos, making Ready For It the official theme song for American Football, and probably a lot more I missed.

:cm:

I wonder how much all this cost.

9 hours ago, iHype. said:

1. Whitney Houston - 46
  2. Taylor Swift - 37
  3. Adele - 34
  4. Mariah Carey - 30

Wow...taylor really could break whitney's record with Reputation.

Legendary

mariah-composure.gif

Second week t #1. With promo or without, Not everyone has that :clap3: 

10 hours ago, Sinister said:

I actually saw the UPS truck with Reputation on it...i was so shocked

I see them all the time. Idk where you're from but I'm pretty sure they're more common in cities which is why I see them often (I go to school in a city).

10 hours ago, Assassin said:

Didn't 1989 do like 400k in week 2?

Yeah three years ago when people bought albums

Edited by novembers17th

14 minutes ago, novembers17th said:

I see them all the time. Idk where you're from but I'm pretty sure they're more common in cities which is why I see them often (I go to school in a city).

Yeah three years ago when people bought albums

My home is Boston, but I go to school in a small town out in the woods...so that's probably why

Yep, her power continues to be unmatched. Second week blocking a major first week. :ahh:

Also kiiii at people still trying to use “promo” as a drag. Taylor’s promo budget is often times bigger than most girls’ era budgets. It just goes to show her immense power and marketability. Her promo is in no way dragworthy. It’s not her fault your fave’s record label doesn’t do as much promo since they know it’d be a waste of money 

Edited by Bang Up

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Wow...taylor really could break whitney's record with Reputation.

Legendary

mariah-composure.gif

No way Reputation gets to 11 weeks at #1

9 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

No way Reputation gets to 11 weeks at #1

11 hours ago, iHype. said:

1. Whitney Houston - 46
  2. Taylor Swift - 37
  3. Adele - 34
  4. Mariah Carey - 30