H100 prediction: #21 BTS; #10 Bad at Love; #3 Perfect

iHype.

So i'm guessing the remix and the original won't be merged since it has a different name and it's ed AND beyoncé instead of ed ft. beyoncé 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B-Rabbit

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• slw84

9 hours ago, Green said:

Beyonce will be credited for Perfect even if her version doesn't have the most points. :alexz2: 

obviously :alexz2:It's Beyonce, after all

4 hours ago, T-Swizz said:

That couldn't be right!

@Blade stated that the remix was NEVER on par with the original in terms on points???

Wrong. I said debut week @simmnfierzig said it was close but the OG still bested it by a bit and that every week after the OG just destroyed it.

12 minutes ago, Blade said:

Wrong. I said debut week @simmnfierzig said it was close but the OG still bested it by a bit and that every week after the OG just destroyed it.

That’s exactly what I just said? 

Just now, T-Swizz said:

That’s exactly what I just said? 

You said that I said the versions were NEVER on par. I’ve always acknowledged that debut week they were close.

So what exactly are you trying to get at?

Billboard is such a mess for these remix credits being done on a case by case basis, like honestly...

It's not hard to have a rule.

I've been traveling this week and haven't had a chance to crunch #'s for the full top 20 this week, but I have Havana 40 points behind Rockstar next week.

I was still pretty sure Havana had a shot at #1 but now I don't know with this darn Perfect remix.

Edit: Ugh... and I just noticed Perfect is discounted while Havana just lost its discount. 

Edited by NoMythologies

34 minutes ago, Blade said:

You said that I said the versions were NEVER on par. I’ve always acknowledged that debut week they were close.

So what exactly are you trying to get at?

No, you always said the original had more points, which isn't the case.

Honestly I've never understood why there's so much inconsistency and strange rules regarding remix credits. To me, it's always felt like there's an answer that intuitively makes sense - if a remix helps a song reach a new peak that it otherwise wouldn't have reached without the remix, the remix artist should be credited.

I've always felt like the "remix needs to get more total points than the original" rule was unfair and an inaccurate reflection of the impact of a remix. If a song is at #3 with 300 points, and then a remix is released with the original getting 300 points again and the remix getting 200 points, and the song peaks at #1 as a result of its combined 500 points, it makes no sense for the remix artist to NOT be credited simply because the remix only contributed to 40% of the song's total points. The song wouldn't have gone #1 without the remix, so the credits should reflect that.

Simple: Billboard rewards features on songs with 30% of points when compiling Year-End/All-Time Lists. 

Every week a remix is atleast 30% of a song's total points, the artists on the remix should be credited.

1 hour ago, T-Swizz said:

No, you always said the original had more points, which isn't the case.

"Debut week it was very close to 50:50 at least. Depending what version radio was really playing how often" - Simm

Simm literally told you that it was very close and it depended on what version radio was playing more because the original was outdoing it on streaming and the remix was outdoing it on digital it all depended on radio. Radio was spinning the original a bit more considering radio stations change their playlists in the middle of the week meaning the first half of the tracking week they were still spinning the OG on top of the plays the OG was getting in the 2nd half. All signs point to the original just having a little bit more points in debut week probably a 51/49 ratio or even less like 50.5/49.5. Which is what I've always said. Are you literally ******ed?

1 minute ago, Blade said:

"Debut week it was very close to 50:50 at least. Depending what version radio was really playing how often" - Simm

Simm literally told you that it was very close and it depended on what version radio was playing more because the original was outdoing it on streaming and the remix was outdoing it on digital it all depended on radio. Radio was spinning the original a bit more considering radio stations change their playlists in the middle of the week meaning the first half of the tracking week they were still spinning the OG on top of the plays the OG was getting in the 2nd half. All signs point to the original just having a little bit more points in debut week probably a 51/49 ratio or even less like 50.5/49.5. Which is what I've always said. Are you literally ******ed?

Let me put this in context. Your original post was in reference to why the hive was bragging about a top 3 position since the original track had more points but just now you're clearly stating that the difference between the two versions is so minuscule that it could've been 50.5/49.5? At the end of the day the ONLY reason is went top 3 was because of the remix so why wouldn't we celebrate that? 

41 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So Post didn't release.

but Reputation is on streaming.

so Stapleton loses out again, and Vol 2 will have to settle for a #2 peak like vol 1 did.

HDD actually predicted U2's album will be #1.

Let's see the results next week.

(Isn't it weird to discuss albums in Hot 100 thread though?)

46 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

How many sales does perfect need to topple Rockstar? @simmnfierzig

How many streams is it getting?

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

How many streams is it getting?

We will have to wait for a day. As of last week what was the point diff? 

13 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

We will have to wait for a day. As of last week what was the point diff? 

He already posted last weeks points.

The remix alone should do 75k sales and 12 million streams to beat rockstar

3 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

The remix alone should do 75k sales and 12 million streams to beat rockstar

With this current lead, 75k is not out of reach.

I don't know if it can gather more than 12M streams in the US. 

Edited by pieuxvu

Early predictions with the best streaming numbers I could find for the top 3:

1. Rockstar 515

2. Perfect 490

3. Havana 476

Edited by Mattyboy

16 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

1. Rockstar 515

2. Perfect 490

3. Havana 476

Oh no. Please let Perfect be #1.

QueenofCopyPaste

We dont even have streaming numbers yet

38 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

1. Rockstar 515

2. Perfect 490

3. Havana 476

which week is this (before or after remix)?

Edited by Torturo

Is top 2 on lock for Perfect? It currenly holds an 80%+ lead on iTunes combined.