H100 prediction: #21 BTS; #10 Bad at Love; #3 Perfect

iHype.

Post Malone's rockstar audience increased by over a million today. the past week its average daily increase was under a million. Do I smell radio payola here?

POST MALONE
Rockstar f/21 Savage
9374 +272 1245 +165 51.885 +1.085
Edited by toshibatoshiba

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B-Rabbit

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• slw84

7 minutes ago, toshibatoshiba said:

Post Malone's rockstar audience increased by over a million today. the past week its average daily increase was under a million. Do I smell radio payola here?

POST MALONE
Rockstar f/21 Savage

It's picking up on pop radio...

29 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

That's what I mean. People thought it was a huge risk to release same week as J Cole and Post Malone won between them. 

He's going to have great longevity regardless unless there is no hits on it besides rockstar and Candy Paint but we already know that's not true since Psycho will be on it.

What do you think he opens with first week anyways as I have literally no idea?

How did he win? J Cole doesn’t promote his music to mainstream and his album is still deemed a future classic.

33 minutes ago, dussymob said:

How did he win? J Cole doesn’t promote his music to mainstream and his album is still deemed a future classic.

4YEO is not deemed a future classic. Lmao. It was a huge step down from 2014 Forest Hills Drive and it's hated on if anything :rip:

Post Malone had more hits, had more longevity, had better sales, liked more by the GP

Edited by B-Rabbit

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

4YEO has sold 600k

Stoney is about 150k

Imagine still using just pure sales in 2017 when talking about sales and especially in hip hop

:deadbanana4:

40 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

4YEO is not deemed a future classic. Lmao. It was a huge step down from 2014 Forest Hills Drive and it's hated on if anything :rip:

Post Malone had more hits, had more longevity, had better sales, liked more by the GP

Since you want to bring up more hits, the entire album charted in the top 40...

11 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Since you want to bring up more hits, the entire album charted in the top 40...

And yet, none of those songs are even gold. They all dropped like a rock after the first week or two just like the album and the album was completely forgotten about after like a month

Edited by B-Rabbit

1 minute ago, B-Rabbit said:

And yet, none of those songs are even gold. They all dropped like a rock after the first week or two just like the album and the album was completely forgotten about after like a month

But still went platinum. :cm:

If J Cole actually promoted the album they’re would’ve been hits and more longevity. And his whole album charting top 40 is one of the most iconic charting successes in hip hop. Shame on you for tryna degrade his achievement to make Post Malone look more successful.

4 minutes ago, dussymob said:

But still went platinum. :cm:

If J Cole actually promoted the album they’re would’ve been hits and more longevity. And his whole album charting top 40 is one of the most iconic charting successes in hip hop. Shame on you for tryna degrade his achievement to make Post Malone look more successful.

I'm not trying to degrade his achievement to make Post Malone look more successful. Post Malone was more successful with their respective eras.

It's first week performance was 100% to do with 2014 FHD but 4YEO was not as good and people didn't like it. Nobody wants to listen to a song about a dude folding clothes

Edited by B-Rabbit

Just now, B-Rabbit said:

I'm not trying to degrade his achievement to make Post Malone look more successful. Post Malone was more successful.

It's first week performance was 100% to do with 2014 FHD but 4YEO was not as good and people didn't like it. Nobody wants to listen to a song about a dude folding clothes

The fact that you think the song was about foldin clothes. :rip:

goodbye.

8 minutes ago, dussymob said:

The fact that you think the song was about foldin clothes. :rip:

goodbye.

We know what he was trying to say but half the song was still about folding clothes. 

Half of the hook is him saying, "I want to fold clothes for you"

Almost half of verse 1:

I know you tired so I wonder how I can help/I get the basket and grab your clothes out the dryer/Oh, I wanna fold clothes for you

He almost mentions it in verse 2. I can't believe you are actually defending that song. 

Edited by B-Rabbit

1 minute ago, B-Rabbit said:

We know what he was trying to say but half the song was still about folding clothes. 

Half of the hook is him saying, "I want to fold clothes for you"

Almost half of verse 1:

I know you tired so I wonder how I can help/I get the basket and grab your clothes out the dryer/Oh, I wanna fold clothes for you

He almost mentions it in verse 2. I can't believe you are actually defending that song. 

See you in 15 years when this album is a hip hop classic and Stoney is long forgotten.

5 minutes ago, dussymob said:

See you in 15 years when this album is a hip hop classic and Stoney is long forgotten.

4YEO is already forgotten and will be looked at as a huge step down from 2014 FHD. 4YEO is his first era since his debut album not to get any Grammy noms for that respective album

:sorry:

Edited by B-Rabbit

5 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

4YEO is already forgotten and will be looked at as a huge step down from 2014 FHD

:sorry:

But yet it’s still his highest streamed album on Apple Music.

8 minutes ago, dussymob said:

But yet it’s still his highest streamed album on Apple Music.

Are you really this dense all the time or just some of the time? 4YEO is #78 on Apple Music and ahead by 2 positions despite 2014 FHD being 2 years older than 4YEO. 2014 FHD is at #117 almost 3 years later on Billboard 200 while 4YEO is at #176 not even a year later. 

Edited by B-Rabbit

4 hours ago, iHype. said:

Stay With Me was not allowed to chart on R&B/Hip-Hop charts despite being a clear Soul song, was sent to Urban radio, and had a remix made with Mary J. Blige sent to Urban AC radio which reached #1.

Too Good at Goodbyes is also currently #5 on Urban AC, and not allowed to chart on R&B/Hip-Hop.

Billboard is inconsistent af with their genre rules. 

Don't forget about Lorde's Royals, which reached #3 on BB's overall R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Chart, Top 3 on the Mainstream R&B airplay chart, #2 Rhythmic, and #27 at Adult R&B. And at MB, Royals  reached #1 on the daily chart. Some of the airplay was due to remixes, but much of it was not.

Toward the end of Royals Top 10 Hot 100 run, at least a plurality of its points came from Urban support too. Since Prince charted on both Rock and Urban genre charts, I can't figure out why Lorde couldn't. 

1 hour ago, B-Rabbit said:

Are you really this dense all the time or just some of the time? 4YEO is #78 on Apple Music and ahead by 2 positions despite 2014 FHD being 2 years older than 4YEO. 2014 FHD is at #117 almost 3 years later on Billboard 200 while 4YEO is at #176 not even a year later. 

You said it was forgotten. It’s still charting on Apple Music. I never said it was a bigger album than FHD so don’t twist my words.

Is U2 gonna have a tour bundle? If yes, I see them doing good numbers.

10 hours ago, DivaDown said:

"Only" :ahh:

Also, why isn't the song "Beautiful Trauma" higher on the Hot 100?!? That video is AMAZING! :clap3: 

P!nk's singles usually peak 2-3 months after their release. So I suppose we will see it peaking around January-February :rip: 

6 hours ago, B-Rabbit said:

Post Malone is an obvious fad. His on-trend music won't be remembered. IFA is cute though

1 hour ago, MeAndMyHand said:

P!nk's singles usually peak 2-3 months after their release. So I suppose we will see it peaking around January-February :rip: 

peaking at 1:gaycat1:

12 hours ago, Starkboy said:

If Post Malone isnt releasing this Friday, he will sure release next week, cause in two weeks Eminem's album is being released

might be better for him to release next week

Chris stapleton and U2 tomorrow but he only has to worry about Luke Bryan next week

then em in 2 weeks.

10 hours ago, toshibatoshiba said:

POST MALONE
Rockstar f/21 Savage

So if Ed f/Beyonce doesn't save Mariah/Boyz then I guess we'll have to wait for Timberlake.

giphy.gif

Now that Ed announced Perfect (Remix) feat. beyoncé it can be a contender to reach number 1