• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B-Rabbit

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• slw84

5 minutes ago, NEZ said:

I'm pretty sure lemonade spent multiple weeks at number one. :huh:

No, "Views" was released a week after "Lemonade".

41 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

What was 1989's 2nd week?

402k.

In percentages:

Speak Now drop: 1,047k --> 320k = 69%

Red drop: 1,208k --> 344k = 72%

1989 drop: 1,287k --> 402k = 69%

reputation drop: 1,216k --> 232k = 81%

reputation has the added benefit of dropping two weeks later in the year than any of Taylor's three previous releases, when music industry sales tend to hold or even grow week on week.  Still it was easily her worst decline from a 1m opener.

It's difficult to gauge how the holiday affected her.  She missed out on some sales due to stores closing early for Thanksgiving, yet benefited from them re-opening in time for Black Friday shoppers.  Her biggest physical distributor is Target and they opened at 6 pm on Thursday and closed at midnight, ensuring most of the savviest shoppers got in their scans before Nielsen's official close.

Edited by Zymphonic

19 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

Really no other girl has been #1 for 2 weeks in the last few years aside of Adele, Taylor and Rihanna?  Main pop girls no doubt

Had Drake released after them both Taylor and Rihanna would be blocked for a second week...

51 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

256K is amazing :clap3:

Just a little more than what HDD was predicting :clap3:

So Billboard numbers are accurate now? :clap3: 

The week probably Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped In Red outsold her own Meaning of Life album.

31 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

Had Drake released after them both Taylor and Rihanna would be blocked for a second week...

Rihanna wasn’t number one for her first or 3rd week tho

is She really gonna leave it at just 2 live televised appearances this month?

the next major thing i can think of is Dick Clark's Rockin NYE. but She could just drop a music video a la out of the woods and not actually show up.

18 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the next major thing i can think of is Dick Clark's Rockin NYE. but She could just drop a music video a la out of the woods and not actually show up.

I could see her waiting until the GRAMMYs and then performing End Game there. That would probably coincide nicely with the song's peak on radio.

I went to Target for Black Friday and literally every single TV in the store had Reputation's add on repeat the entire time :skull: They had Reputation spammed all over the store with those magazines and stuff. She may not be "promoting" but she sure as hell isn't at some disadvantage with her apparent deal with Target to spam the hell out of her material :rip: 

Just now, Kkamjong said:

I went to Target for Black Friday and literally every single TV in the store had Reputation's add on repeat the entire time :skull: They had Reputation spammed all over the store with those magazines and stuff. She may not be "promoting" but she sure as hell isn't at some disadvantage with her apparent deal with Target to spam the hell out of her material :rip: 

People saying "no promo" for a TAYLOR SWIFT album. This doesn't exist.

30 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

The fact the we could have got just one televised performance if the crew of JF didnt ask for her.:emofish:

30 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

The fact the we could have got just one televised performance if the crew of JF didnt ask for her.:emofish:

3 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

People saying "no promo" for a TAYLOR SWIFT album. This doesn't exist.

+ I've seen commercials for her album on TV almost every commercial break :ahh: Just because she's not doing live performances doesn't mean she's not promoting her album

Yes to Taylor doing over 250k.

Pink's increase.

I hope Pink can sell 650k+ by the end of the year and go platinum with SPS by the grammy's 8 platinum albums whew. Very seldom female artists achieve this feat

8d3bb50b8da7c292f3d75381f8e64f67.gif

Edited by slw84

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

The week probably Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped In Red outsold her own Meaning of Life album.

Nah, Wrapped in Red just entered the iTunes Top 100 while MOL was around #50 last I checked on Friday.

It's probably too early to tell, but how big of a chance does Taylor have at getting a third consecutive week at #1?

Just now, americanlife said:

It's probably too early to tell, but how big of a chance does Taylor have at getting a third consecutive week at #1?

She has a third week on lock.

Very disappointing with all the promo she’s had...

3 minutes ago, MaRy said:

Very disappointing with all the promo she’s had...

it could be worse with alot more promo, like a week livestream or something else very desp

if She's not doing it then She's not promoting. 

you could argue that She's being promoted by Her label with ads and stuff, but that doesn't require tangible effort on Her part

Amazing hold when you consider in the fact that She basically left Rep to rot after the first week. :clap3: