• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greeneyedsoul

• Newt

• Junlin

• Kuroi

16 minutes ago, Newt said:

The hmv article mentioned total sales and didn't specify sales only in Japan. We can estimate the extent of Fantomes digital slayage based off of this information and the sales she made afterwards. The oricon digital chart opened up a month after Fantomes debut and she was literally the #1 best selling artist on the chart for months, despite her first month of sales not getting included and new albums getting released. I dont know if thats still the case but she definitely did amazingly

Oh i see that makes sense. I always though those digital sales on the article were Japan-only!

2 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Oh i see that makes sense. I always though those digital sales on the article were Japan-only!

Honestly I'm not 100%, its just I find it hard to believe that Fantome sold that much digitally in Japan only

48k copies sold yesterday.

Kana's album opened with 38k

:deadbanana3:

9 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

48k copies sold yesterday.

Kana's album opened with 38k

Welp. Guess the good sis is going to lose her original #1 album streak

---

Best Fiction wig ain't safe :jonny4: 

3 minutes ago, John. said:

Welp. Guess the good sis is going to lose her original #1 album streak

---

Best Fiction wig ain't safe :jonny4: 

Poor Kana tho, even if she somehow sells more than Namie during the 5 other days, Namie still has one extra day.

Kana not debuting at #1 is 100% confirmed at this point.

Namie so far: 94k

Kana so far: 38k

12 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Poor Kana tho, even if she somehow sells more than Namie during the 5 other days, Namie still has one extra day.

:skull: It's impossible at this rate. Just Love didn't debut with a lot and it's lowkey what she deserves for releasing bad music :sorry: 

21 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Good :clap3:She needs a wake up call. The new album is boring.

On 11/8/2017 at 7:27 AM, Newt said:

Compilations sell more in Japan than studio albums on average, its the opposite in the western music scene. 

Also the woman is retiring so this is an anomaly for the current market in Japan too, theres really only 2 main pop girls that sell a lot anymore, Japan has prefered groups over solo female artists for quite a few yeaars :jonny:

On 11/8/2017 at 7:32 AM, KillingYourCareer said:

A Brazil buying live albums over studio records tea. I don't get why Japan does that, I see singles selling very well there and a compilation is a bunch of singles. :dies:

The latter fact you stated is unfortunate. I've listened to a couple Namie songs and I'd pick them instead of any group song.

It's also the reason why Mariah's #1's album sold 2.5 million copies in Japan alone in 1998 :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.