Oricon adjusts first week sale of Namie's Finally to 1.1M

Junlin

Main pop girls in Japan must be THRIVING if a compilation can sell that much in one day :jonny:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greeneyedsoul

• Newt

• Junlin

• Kuroi

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Main pop girls in Japan must be THRIVING if a compilation can sell that much in one day :jonny:

Compilations sell more in Japan than studio albums on average, its the opposite in the western music scene. 

Also the woman is retiring so this is an anomaly for the current market in Japan too, theres really only 2 main pop girls that sell a lot anymore, Japan has prefered groups over solo female artists for quite a few yeaars :jonny:

3 minutes ago, Newt said:

Compilations sell more in Japan than studio albums on average, its the opposite in the western music scene. 

Also the woman is retiring so this is an anomaly for the current market in Japan too, theres really only 2 main pop girls that sell a lot anymore, Japan has prefered groups over solo female artists for quite a few yeaars :jonny:

A Brazil buying live albums over studio records tea. I don't get why Japan does that, I see singles selling very well there and a compilation is a bunch of singles. :dies:

The latter fact you stated is unfortunate. I've listened to a couple Namie songs and I'd pick them instead of any group song.

1 hour ago, May said:

This post is doing me a bamboozle

It was 24. Sorry. :fan:

i thought she is 25 from the cover :skull:

anyway great concept, wow at the 25 years and fans staying loyal till the end <3

2 hours ago, zoldyck said:

anyway great concept, wow at the 25 years and fans staying loyal till the end <3

:fan:You don't know the story lol

Anyway congrats Amuro, but I'm burning inside because she outsold Ayu's last 6 albums combined in 1 day:doc:

Edited by endless_sorrow

She did THAT :clap3:

too bad the she won't top World Albums Chart because of Reputation but she has alrady done it twice so I'm not mad 

That's just as much as BEST FICTION's first week :eek:

Will she outsell P!nk?

Taylor will come thru anyway, but Namie could have the second biggest album by a female artist this year. :jonny3:

Edited by greeneyedsoul

Does it have a chance to be the #1 album on Oricon this year?

1 minute ago, getinthezone said:

Does it have a chance to be the #1 album on Oricon this year?

Yup, runner-ups are Arashi with around 700k copies sold

3 minutes ago, MirrorcleMonster said:

Yup, runner-ups are Arashi with around 700k copies sold

SMAP sold over a million afaik, but Namie will probably sell over a million first week

Just now, getinthezone said:

SMAP sold over a million afaik, but Namie will probably sell over a million first week

I forgot that even though it was released in 2016 it counts for the 2017 yearly chart

Depending on how the sales of her album will be the next few days, she has a small chance of beating Taylor's numbers. But goddamn Namie! Get all that money.

Edited by iphridian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.