• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greeneyedsoul

• Newt

• Junlin

• Kuroi

◆アルバム初週ミリオンは13年7ヶ月ぶり/自身21年3ヶ月ぶり
 来年9月16日に引退することを表明している歌手・安室奈美恵(40)のオールタイム・ベストアルバム『Finally』(8日発売)が発売初週で111.3万枚を売り上げ、11/20付オリコン週間アルバムランキング(集計期間:11/6~11/12)で1位に初登場した。安室のアルバムミリオンは通算6作目となる。 
【写真】その他の写真を見る
 アルバム作品が発売1週目でミリオンを突破したのは、宇多田ヒカル『Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.1』が2004年4/12付で達成して以来、13年7ヶ月ぶり。安室自身のアルバム初週ミリオンは、『SWEET 19 BLUES』が1996年8/5付で記録して以来21年3ヶ月ぶり通算2作目となる。 
 18歳当時に発表したソロ1stアルバム『DANCE TRACKS VOL.1』(1995年)で初のアルバムミリオンを達成した安室は、歴代アーティストで唯一、10代、20代、30代の3年代連続ミリオンセラーの記録を持っているが、引退を表明した9月20日に40歳の誕生日を迎え、40代でも達成。前人未到の4年代連続ミリオン達成の金字塔を打ち立てた。 
 引退表明後初の作品で、デビュー25周年を飾る本作には、SUPER MONKEY’Sとしてのデビュー曲「ミスターU.S.A.」(1992年)から最新47thシングル「Just You and I」(2017年)までに発表された45曲に加え、パッケージ初収録の「Christmas Wish」、一時代を築いた小室哲哉が作詞作曲した「How do you feel now?」など新曲6曲を含めた計52曲を収録。「ミスターU.S.A.」から「TSUKI」までの39曲は、今回新たにレコーディングした。 
■安室奈美恵のアルバム・ミリオン作品
10代/『DANCE TRACKS VOL.1』(1995年)
    『SWEET 19 BLUES』(1996年)
    『Concentration20』(1997年)
20代/『181920』(1998年)
30代/『BEST FICTION』(2008年)
40代/『Finally』(2017年)

Breaks Utada's 04 record. :jonny:

37675072061_5a0eea065d_b.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2100583/

That's amazing. What a high note to go out on. :clap3:

6 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Namie sold 1,113,000 copies according to Oricon :jonny:

It's the first album in 13 years to sell 1 million copies in a week.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2100583/full/

Is this with digital sales? Im not familiar with Japan, when do they add the digital sales?

I'm so damn sad about this. I can't get over it...In Japanese music, Namie Amuro, Do As Infinity, BoA, Ayumi Hamasaki, Chitose Hajime, Tommy February6 & Utada have been a huge part of my life especially my childhood and now one of them is gone forever :weeps: I pray she gets out of retirement after like a 10 year break or at least continues touring every 5 years or something :weeps:

Edited by IBeMe

You'll be missed, Queen of Jpop :weeps: (I used to stan HARD for Ayumi but honestly I've come to terms with accepting her as the Kylie to Namie's Madonna)

10 minutes ago, Digital Kiki said:

You'll be missed, Queen of Jpop :weeps: (I used to stan HARD for Ayumi but honestly I've come to terms with accepting her as the Kylie to Namie's Madonna)

So, Utada = Britney and Koda Kumi = Gaga?

Edited by Hector

1 hour ago, alestevens said:

Is this with digital sales? Im not familiar with Japan, when do they add the digital sales?

They don't add digital sales to physical but rather have two separate charts. These are just the physical sales.

Oricon just posted Namie's full numbers earlier since they're extraordinary.

9 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

They don't add digital sales to physical but rather have two separate charts. These are just the physical sales.

Oricon just posted Namie's full numbers earlier since they're extraordinary.

Oh that's amazing then. When do digital sales come out? I remember Utada sold enormous numbers on digital sales so i think this could go even higher!

40 minutes ago, Digital Kiki said:

:deadbanana3:Not you calling Namie the Madonna of Jpop when Madonna has been controversial and risk-taker all her career, and influenced many women in this industry by being so.

While Namie is just... Namie. And her sales. 

49 minutes ago, Hector said:

So, Utada = Britney and Koda Kumi = Gaga?

Utada = Adele in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, endless_sorrow said:

:deadbanana3:Not you calling Namie the Madonna of Jpop when Madonna has been controversial and risk-taker all her career, and influenced many women in this industry by being so.

While Namie is just... Namie. And her sales. 

stay pressed ayu fans, Namie is riskier than ayumi who is still releasing the same old ballad or the pseudo rock song for the 1626181626382727 time

:fan:

11 minutes ago, Kuroi said:

Utada = Adele in my opinion 

stay pressed ayu fans, Namie is riskier than ayumi who is still releasing the same old ballad or the pseudo rock song for the 1626181626382727 time

:fan:

She's being doing electropop the last 10 years and you dare to call this bitch riskier

FG5oj.gif

Edited by endless_sorrow

1 minute ago, endless_sorrow said:

She's being doing electropop for the last 10 years and you dare to call this bitch riskier

FG5oj.gif

This is a thread about Namie's incredible sales, if you want to be shady and petty go to AHS or the jpop thread with your ayu friends.:celestial2:

anyway, this is amazing..so happy for Namie :'(

48 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Oh that's amazing then. When do digital sales come out? I remember Utada sold enormous numbers on digital sales so i think this could go even higher!

It hasn't been released digitally in Japan yet.

3 minutes ago, Kuroi said:

This is a thread about Namie's incredible sales, if you want to be shady and petty go to AHS or the jpop thread with your ayu friends.:celestial2:

anyway, this is amazing..so happy for Namie :'(

Then don't quote me to say how pressed I am or bring Ayu when I never mentioned her.

8 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

It hasn't been released digitally in Japan yet.

Oh so these are basically the final numbers then. A stunning result, in any case. She went out with a bang. I don't really follow J-Pop but seeing people retire from their passion always makes me teary-eyed. I can't imagine how emotional it must be to feel so appreciated as you say goodbye :weeps:

Edited by alestevens

She did amazing, wow :clap3: she's really going out with a bang

And Namie didn't break an Utada record as far as I'm aware? Having the last 1 million first week album is at most an achievement. 

17 hours ago, alestevens said:

I think utada has traditionally had large digital sales. She's always ranked high on itunes end of year charts, even when we dont have any sales information. And Fantome's digital sales were enormous especially because of international interest in her album, Namie isnt really international at all. 

That one HMV article mentioned that fantome had sold 1 million total albums (physical plus digital) when she was only at around 500k physical I believe, which is crazy. I dont think Namie will do that 

7 minutes ago, Newt said:

I think utada has traditionally had large digital sales. She's always ranked high on itunes end of year charts, even when we dont have any sales information. And Fantome's digital sales were enormous especially because of international interest in her album, Namie isnt really international at all. 

That one HMV article mentioned that fantome had sold 1 million total albums (physical plus digital) when she was only at around 500k physical I believe, which is crazy. I dont think Namie will do that 

But wouldn't international interest on Utada's album account for their respective countries' charts rather than Japan's?

1 minute ago, alestevens said:

But wouldn't international interest on Utada's album account for their respective countries' charts rather than Japan's?

The hmv article mentioned total sales and didn't specify sales only in Japan. We can estimate the extent of Fantomes digital slayage based off of this information and the sales she made afterwards. The oricon digital chart opened up a month after Fantomes debut and she was literally the #1 best selling artist on the chart for months, despite her first month of sales not getting included and new albums getting released. I dont know if thats still the case but she definitely did amazingly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.