• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• Pacaveli

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

2 hours ago, B-Rabbit said:

The disrespect.... Daddy Yankee is a legend and Reggaeton is huge :biblio:

I never said he wasn't a legend? He's just not big in America. My point was, the remix didn't have any American star power behind it and it's in a different language so it's not surprising it didn't have a huge impact.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Lust For Life is out of BB 200. :deadbanana2: It didn't even pass Honeywoon in numbers of weeks on there (17 weeks vs. 15 weeks). 

Witness had even less week even though it started out much bigger. Lana hasn't sold consistently since Born To Die

50 minutes ago, Konan said:

It makes sense since it has no promo besides singles and tour. the lack of easy-listening song and hype/controversy like Born To Die also hurts it.  

That's true. At least it peaked at #1 and it had a good opening week. Let's see if a tour can bring this album back to the charts. 

4 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

Witness had even less week even though it started out much bigger. Lana hasn't sold consistently since Born To Die

Ultraviolence kinda did it well too. It stayed 53 weeks, which it's really good. BTD was just a monster with insane longevity (pretty sure it will eventually make the 300 weeks). 

37 minutes ago, FAN said:

I never said he wasn't a legend? He's just not big in America. My point was, the remix didn't have any American star power behind it and it's in a different language so it's not surprising it didn't have a huge impact.

The Despacito song was only big because of the him before the Bieber remix. Daddy Yankee also has plenty of hits as a lead in America

1 minute ago, Mezter said:

And how is Thunder not the #1 song? :rip: 

#23 on Streaming Songs

1 hour ago, E•MO•TION said:

Oh wow Havana has them SHOOK!

Nah. More like Post Malone has people shook so they try to discredit everything about Post Malone 

The superior song is winning, poor Camila. 

7 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

I do know that, what I meant to say is that Camila herself had little to no input in ANY of those elements. 

I'm guessing Post himself had little to no input in ANY of those elements on Big Lie which has 7 writers, Deja Vu which has 8 writers or No Option which has 9 writers. :celestial5: Label buying him writers the same way they're buying him placements on Apple Music and Spotify Playlists. :dies:

was this the last week of the Billboard calendar year or is it the one when reputation debuts

26 minutes ago, Duca said:

was this the last week of the Billboard calendar year or is it the one when reputation debuts

No; this is the last week of this Billboard year.

Edited by Pacaveli

11 minutes ago, Pacaveli said:

No; this is the last week of this Billboard year.

that gives her a huge head start for the 2018 year-end chart then :chick2:

thanks

1 hour ago, Duca said:

thanks

Yes, she probably has Top Artist of 2018 on lock because her first week sales will count for the 2018 Billboard year-end chart

Unless JT outsells her in the long run with his 2018 release.

Edited by Green

23 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

Why do Imagine Dragons keep getting hits? They're such a non-factor.

Talent always wins :cm:

46 minutes ago, Duca said:

thanks

Guess she was tired of never getting the year end #1 album because it was always split over 2 years

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Guess she was tired of never getting the year end #1 album because it was always split over 2 years

She's already won aoty twice; two eligible diamond albums with sps; #1 debut single; most viewed video it says time for her to end colored other achievements

I sure hope ready for it can at least be 15 weeks on hot 100 

not sure how many weeks look what you made a legend do will get now but hopefully future singles have more. Longevity l.

58 minutes ago, Green said:

Yes, she probably has Top Artist of 2018 on lock because her first week sales will count for the 2018 Billboard year-end chart

Unless JT outsells her in the long run with his 2018 release.

So then she has it on lock. Timberlake remains a legend but he won't outsell Taylor 

she casually pulls 4m at a minimum per era when his biggest era pulled 4m in his prime.

i hope the rest of the year goes:

that current #1 maybe Havana sneaks a week in ed Sheeran pulls through then the new Timberlake single before Super Bowl and maybe end game after that. Hopefully no 10 week #1s.

doesnt seem as exceptional when many are getting 10 weeks. It's like if many started selling a million albums a week on a discount. Variety is a good thing.

Edited by slw84

43 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

She got in 2015 with 1989 because Adele's sales counted for the 2016 year-end.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2015/top-billboard-200-albums

She also got it with Fearless

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2009/top-billboard-200-albums

To be honest I prefer to use the Soundscan calendar year-end for album sales which counts for the calendar year (January 1st - December 31st)

I have never heard of this Post Mahone guy before, where did he come from? Trump's America indeed. Havana should be #1

vuhexrt.gif

13 hours ago, TheFireLexus said:

Must be the same way Republic is buying Post Malone's way to the top by having his music on almost double the amount of Spotify playlists as Havana

Havana: 103M Playlist Followers

http://www.spotontrack.com/track/havana/28839920#tab-playlists

Rockstar: 109M Playlist Followers

http://www.spotontrack.com/track/rockstar/31126550#tab-playlists

When did 109 become 206? :celestial5: