• Bentley

• Pacaveli

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

Just now, TheFireLexus said:

You can't read. That isn't news.

"Hes talented but hes crap" 

13 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

They may not be on his Vevo page but there are three lyric videos on verified channels all of which went up on the same day. Same with another audio on another verified page. The accounts even confirmed that they were commissioned by Republic records. :skull: Why do you think his YouTube views suddenly skyrocketed? 

What are you talking about? Both songs have two versions, that's the point.

Rockstar is on both Today's Top Hits and Rap Caviar, no? But other songs are there because of "payola"? :dies: 

Both songs are benefiting from the same thing, that's the point.

And I don't care how long Post Malone "stays". Won't change the fact I think he's lame. There are plenty of artists whose music I don't like who continue to succeed. Doesn't stop me from thinking they are crap.

Those are different than releasing on their own channels. Every artist does that. He also went up from like #7-#4 on Youtube charts before and after :celestial5:

Are you equating a completely new remix to a clean version and explicit version :rip:

It's just funny to me that Havana took all of Post Malone's main producers and put them on one song.

Based on your other comments, it  doesn't look like you even like rap so your opinion is irrelevant

Edited by B-Rabbit

1 hour ago, 5hfangurl said:

Thunder will block Havana from #1 on pop radio. I can see Imagine D reaching #1 on BB too. 

Thunder is falling on radio. 

10 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

Those are different than releasing on their own channels. Every artist does that. He also went up from like #7-#4 on Youtube charts before and after :celestial5:

Are you equating a completely new remix to a clean version and explicit version :rip:

I'm saying talking about Spotify playlist is rich when comparing Havana to rockstar

It's just funny to me that Havana took all of Post Malone's main producers and put them on one song.

Based on your other comments, it  doesn't look like you even like rap so your opinion is irrelevant

Lol I like rap a lot but that doesn't matter because that is not the issue here. And his daily YouTube views doubled. :celestial5:

Whether the remix is new or not, both songs have two versions, both songs have multiple videos on YouTube, and both songs are on high-profile Spotify playlists. So the idea that one song (Havana) has the advantage over the other is ridiculous especially when Post has even more playlist exposure than Camila does. And why do you keep talking about writers/producers as if Post Malone doesn't have songs with up to NINE writers credited too? :skull: Camila has songs out that she's written with only one other person the same way Post does. And they both have songs written with multiple people, so what's the issue? You're complaining about the same things you're defending. The Spotify nonsense came from someone who accused Havana of "payola".

13 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

"Hes talented but hes crap" 

And? Crap as an artist? He can sing and rap and play guitar but his artistic approach is wack. He has talent but I find the music he makes lame. Rockstar alone is like a parody made up of all the cliches someone could think of regarding rap music.

Edited by TheFireLexus

1 minute ago, TheFireLexus said:

Lol I like rap a lot but that doesn't matter because that is not the issue here. And his daily YouTube views doubled. :celestial5:

Whether the remix is new or not, both songs have two versions, both songs have multiple videos on YouTube, and both songs are on high-profile Spotify playlists. So the idea that one song (Havana) has the advantage over the other is ridiculous especially when Post has even more playlist exposure than Camila does. And why do you keep talking about writers/producers as if Post Malone doesn't have songs with up to 8 writers credited? :skull: Camila has songs out that she's written with only one other person the same way Post does. And they both have songs written with multiple people, so what's the issue? You're complaining about the same things you're defending. The Spotify nonsense came from someone who accused Havana of "payola".

And? Crap as an artist? He can sing and rap and play guitar but his artistic approach is wack. He has talent but I find the music he makes lame. Rockstar alone is like a parody made up of all the cliches someone could think of regarding rap music.

Post Malone was getting around 1.5 million a day before those lyric videos dropped.  A remix is wayyyyyyy different than a clean and explicit version and almost uncomparable.  I'm not discrediting Havana, I just think it's funny she took Post's main producers and put them on Havana

Rockstar is actually talking about rock music with many references to rock incidents so...

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

I dont think there was a formula change. Where the diference is coming from... Nö idea

I just used the streams from this week for it being outside of the top 10 as a starting point and increased from there. That certainly can be way off, but still wanted to get predictions out and it will be somewhere there

I was convinced there must have been a formula change until I saw GG below BY on streaming. Now, I'm guessing they're just working with different info than we were given from YT insights or something.

These chart oddities really stick in my craw tho. I have a feeling your way of sorting out its streaming #'s for next week will be the most accurate way but I can't help but feel GG is getting jipped.

4 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

Thunder November 14:

Aud +2.085    Spins +735 

:deadbanana3:

:rip: I didn’t even realize it was #2 on Pop already. Oh well, Thunder coming in as the dark horse. :cm:

13 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

Used the old formula

1 Rockstar     418  (=)

2 Havana     382  (=)

3 Bodak Yellow     310 (=)  

4 Thunder     307  (+1)

5 Too Good At Goodbyes     283  (-1)

6 Perfect     270  (+2)

7 No Limit     248  (+6)

Havana is going to be stuck at #2:doc:

Bodak should be in the top 5 with ease for the next 3-4 weeks.

Just enough time for No limit to reach top 5 so she can secure top 5 with 2 songs.

thunder is a sleeper but I wonder if it can hit #1.

Perfect might just have to settle for top 3. It probably would have already been #1 had it been released early in the era.

10 hours ago, Fruity said:

Eminem's first single potentially not debuting top 10 is essentially unthinkable. And with a Bey feature :deadbanana3: 

You ain't slick ;)

8 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

I’m conflicted about No Limit. I love it, but I don’t want G Eazy to have another hit. He’s the worst. 

Well some are pretending it's really ASAPs song so maybe just consider him a feature.

2z5mxic.jpg

14 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

:rip: I didn’t even realize it was #2 on Pop already. Oh well, Thunder coming in as the dark horse. :cm:

Sis it is about to hit #1 in overall audience. It’s already #2 on pop with same amount of days as Havana. It’s coming down to the longevity game. 

The Havana shade is ridiculous.

Camila and Post both discounted their songs on Friday. He even discounted a 2nd version. They also both uploaded new videos (Vertical Video v. Unofficial video). 

Camila released the remix 2 days into the tracking week in a completely different language featuring an artist who doesn't have any of his own hits in America. A remix that she has been planning before the song even hit Top 10. 

As for the songwriters comment. Havana was initially written by Camila. Her team brought in several different writers and they all made variations of the song. The original concept came from Camila herself. 

I do think Havana deserves the #1 spot. As she has also done in Canada and the UK, but I also respect the system so I know it doesn't deserve it yet. 

I predict Havana spends a 3rd week at #2 before moving into the #1 spot two weeks from now. Em & Bey has already been and gone, Ed has already released his video and G-Eazy is not a threat. I also think with how fast her airplay is growing that Tay/Future/Ed will take a while to top if that is in fact the next single. Imagine Dragons is not a threat either. 

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

The Havana shade is ridiculous.

Camila and Post both discounted their songs on Friday. He even discounted a 2nd version. They also both uploaded new videos (Vertical Video v. Unofficial video). 

Camila released the remix 2 days into the tracking week in a completely different language featuring an artist who doesn't have any of his own hits in America. A remix that she has been planning before the song even hit Top 10. 

As for the songwriters comment. Havana was initially written by Camila. Her team brought in several different writers and they all made variations of the song. The original concept came from Camila herself. 

I do think Havana deserves the #1 spot. As she has also done in Canada and the UK, but I also respect the system so I know it doesn't deserve it yet. 

I predict Havana spends a 3rd week at #2 before moving into the #1 spot two weeks from now. Em & Bey has already been and gone, Ed has already released his video and G-Eazy is not a threat. I also think with how fast her airplay is growing that Tay/Future/Ed will take a while to top if that is in fact the next single. Imagine Dragons is not a threat either. 

So you thin Camila will take the number one eventually or Taylor?

Im confused by your statement. 

1 minute ago, Bentley said:

Neither

• ATRL Moderator

Rockstar DEBUTED at #2 and has maintained its popularity ever since so anyone acting like its success is undeserved or the result of payola should really stop embarrassing themselves 

3 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Havana and then maybe Taylor. 

EDIT: Someone had to be #1 after Post. And it won't be Em, Imagine Dragons of GEazy. 

Edited by FAN

2 hours ago, Nikolai. said:

What don't people get about songwriting credits? It doesn't mean just the words, it includes the melody and chords. If you listen to it there's a lot going on, and it clearly worked. Havana is well liked by the GP as seen in the world wide charts, stop using this "payola" crap. It i a definite hit because it's a good song. 

I do know that, what I meant to say is that Camila herself had little to no input in ANY of those elements. She's not as "talented" or "special" as some of her blind fans here claim her to be. At least not more than Post Malone is. Just because he's not a sassy pop diva girl or an "attractive" male popstar it doesn't mean he doesn't have talent or should be looked down upon.

And it's a "good song" according to what or whom? The charts? Cause I don't think Watch Me (Nae Nae) or Despacito could be considered as "good songs" by any metric and they were smashes WW.

In the end if/when Camila goes #1 it will be because her label bought her a whole camp of writers, got her a remix with a trending artist (aiming for the obvious viral spanish factor), ordered a discount and on top of that is shoving her face down anyone's throat in any way possible (and yes, that includes payola). She's not the first nor the only one to do that but the facts are the facts.

Edited by Mr.Link

16 minutes ago, FAN said:

Camila released the remix 2 days into the tracking week in a completely different language featuring an artist who doesn't have any of his own hits in America.

The disrespect.... Daddy Yankee is a legend and Reggaeton is huge :biblio:

Edited by B-Rabbit

Praying that horrible song “Havana” doesn’t hit #1

Lust For Life is out of BB 200. :deadbanana2: It didn't even pass Honeywoon in numbers of weeks on there (17 weeks vs. 15 weeks). 

Well, one thing I have learned from separating YT from OD from programmed streams is that BB's formula pertaining to streaming is a lot more complex than we might guess. Or at least more than I realized.

I don't really know all that much how YT streams work or how YT red works, but I would guess that YT streams are being divided in some way. I really got to hand it to @simmnfierzig for coming up with his own formula that does an amazing job of accounting for these intricacies.

I'm working on re-tooling my formula a bit and gonna try and post early predictions tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Lust For Life is out of BB 200. :deadbanana2: It didn't even pass Honeywoon in numbers of weeks on there (17 weeks vs. 15 weeks). 

It makes sense since it has no promo besides singles and tour. the lack of easy-listening song and hype/controversy like Born To Die also hurts it.