Reputation sold 700K first day.

iHype.

I think the numbers are good but i do laugh at some posts in this thread.

Since when do stans define a legendary status? Based on her persona, i don't think we are looking at a legend.

Also, someone asked when will she lose? Maybe at the 2019 Grammy's where she will lose because the album is too divisive. 

In the UK, she is completely front loaded and will fall quicker than she has with previous albums.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• Toxicity.

• CBXC

• Divine

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

I think the numbers are good but i do laugh at some posts in this thread.

Since when do stans define a legendary status? Based on her persona, i don't think we are looking at a legend.

Also, someone asked when will she lose? Maybe at the 2019 Grammy's where she will lose because the album is too divisive. 

In the UK, she is completely front loaded and will fall quicker than she has with previous albums.

She already has 2 AOTYs, she has nothing left to prove to anyone commercially or critically.

Taylor Swift is the one of biggest artists of this millennium. She’s a future legend and her continuous success proves so.

Its a fact. 

Just now, tigerlily13 said:

She already has 2 AOTYs, she has nothing left to prove to anyone commercially or critically.

Taylor Swift is the one of biggest artists of this millennium. She’s a future legend and her continuous success proves so.

Its a fact. 

I couldnt even tell you who has won the AOTY in between her winning them.

What makes an artist iconic is a moment/or moments of greatness whether it be on stage or off.

For example, Queen have become legends imo because of Freddie and what he went through - i dont even know if they have won a grammy.

Another example would be Celine Dion this time for singing the theme for 2 movies that have gone on to be huge (Beauty & Titanic) along with helping Vegas be what it is today.

Taylor has had great success, i don't doubt that, but literally, her songs do not have the feel of being iconic neither is her off stage behaviour. I mean, the 2009 VMA's was a moment in her career that will be remembered but her reaction isnt iconic....i would say Beyonce's reaction was more so (and i aint a beyonce fan lol). 

5 minutes ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

I couldnt even tell you who has won the AOTY in between her winning them.

What makes an artist iconic is a moment/or moments of greatness whether it be on stage or off.

For example, Queen have become legends imo because of Freddie and what he went through - i dont even know if they have won a grammy.

Another example would be Celine Dion this time for singing the theme for 2 movies that have gone on to be huge (Beauty & Titanic) along with helping Vegas be what it is today.

Taylor has had great success, i don't doubt that, but literally, her songs do not have the feel of being iconic neither is her off stage behaviour. I mean, the 2009 VMA's was a moment in her career that will be remembered but her reaction isnt iconic....i would say Beyonce's reaction was more so (and i aint a beyonce fan lol). 

If that’s what you think, cute. You have a right to think so. I stand by my point and you stand by yours. I’m glad to see 1.4-1.5m ppl agree wth me. 

Just now, tigerlily13 said:

If that’s what you think, cute. You have a right to think so. I stand by my point and you stand by yours. I’m glad to see 1.4-1.5m ppl agree wth me. 

Yeah because all those people think she is a future legend lol 

In the UK, we have to buy the album to get all the tracks...we cannot buy individual songs. That isn't helping her reputation (lol) here. 

liberalmusiclover

I Did Something Bad :fan: 

She did. She slayed our faves. 

Haven't heard the album and I don't tend to...

BUT you gotta give her props for having 1m first week consistency, especially how the music sales climate keeps changing.

She has slayed it. 

[UPDATE: It was even bigger than expected – the full numbers are now in, and Reputation sold 717k in its opening 24 hours. It is now expected to shift 1.4m+ in week one.]

I thought she d do 800k-900k for the entire week. But once again, Taylor just can't seem to lose even when she tries.

I hope Billboard does a breakdown of her first week sales again, like they did with 1989.

It was a very interesting read.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.