Reputation sold 700K first day.

iHype.

According to data from trusted US market monitor BuzzAngle passed to MBW, the LP sold at least 566,000 copies on its first day of availability in the States on Friday (November 10).

That figure covers sales from the likes of iTunes and key physical chains – but doesn’t include data from a couple of blockbuster retailers which are yet to report.

Once all the data is in, the expectation is that Reputation will have comfortably shifted over 600,000 albums in the US in its debut 24 hours.

The LP is now anticipated to sell somewhere around 1.2m units in the US in its opening week.

That eventuality would require it to sell an average of 100,000 copies per day from today (Saturday, November 11) up to and including Thursday (November 16).

Swift’s previous LP, 1989, sold just under 1.3m copies in the US in its opening seven days back in late 2014. Reputation looks likely to land in the same ballpark – with key TV and promotional activity yet to come.

Team Swift undertook something of a gamble with Reputation, holding it off streaming services during its initial sales period.

Although the four lead tracks from the LP –  Call It Want You Want, Gorgeous, …Ready For It? and Look What You Made Me Do – are available on the likes of Spotify and Apple Music, fans wanting to hear the whole record are having to purchase it from the likes of iTunes and physical retailers.Music Business Worldwide

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/taylor-swifts-reputation-smashes-past-500k-sales-day-one-us/

So basically iTunes + Target = 566k 

UPDATE

[UPDATE: It was even bigger than expected – the full numbers are now in, and Reputation sold 717k in its opening 24 hours. It is now expected to shift 1.4m+ in week one.]

Edited by popmusic

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• Toxicity.

• CBXC

• Divine

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

Ed still hasn’t done 1m? That’s pure I assume?

5 minutes ago, Mariano said:

That's really good, Adele sold like 1.3M or something right ? :jonny:  But I feel like with Tay, her next days will have more of a decline, with Adele it's different cuz everyone is her fanbase and obviously not everyone will buy it first day. 

1.49M first day sales for 25.

700k  :clap3:

I knew she would do 2m (or very close to it) easily and y'all were saying no :deadbanana:  

1 minute ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Ed still hasn’t done 1m? That’s pure I assume?

No one has sold 1m pure copies this year, a few Q4 releases (Metallica and Bruno) have passed 1m but not in one calendar year.

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Divide) is the year’s top seller, with 909,000 copies sold

The album didn't become the biggest album of the year on its first day ? 

The decLine. Kanye and Kim ended her. 

1510348200-ppafuyq.gif

1 minute ago, Cheers said:

I knew she would do 2m (or very close to it) easily and y'all were saying no :deadbanana:  

I doubt its getting close to 2M 

Anyway insane numbers, congrats

1 minute ago, Divine said:

No one has sold 1m pure copies this year, a few Q4 releases (Metallica and Bruno) have passed 1m but not in one calendar year.

Those count for billboard year end right? 

10 minutes ago, Whale Tongue said:

:eek: Is this including the 400k pre-orders?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Ribs said:

1510348200-ppafuyq.gif

1989 didn't become the biggest seller of the year in it's whole first month though :eli: 

5 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

Only 300k? FLOP. 400k was pre-orders, right?

But it says the 700k number isn't final and could grow :cm:

2 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Those count for billboard year end right? 

Yep I believe so. Bruno should have the #1 album of the year.

5 minutes ago, Ribs said:

1510348200-ppafuyq.gif

A flop confirmed.

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

1989 didn't become the biggest seller of the year in it's whole first month though :eli: 

I was trying to help OTHs, I'm trying but I can't. 

Where are they, btw ? Are they still on that review thread, are they lost ?

1510348200-ppafuyq.gif 

10 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Further, Reputation could become 2017’s biggest selling album after only one week on sale. Through the week ending Nov. 2, Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) is the year’s top seller, with 909,000 copies sold.

:deadbanana3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.