Billboard Charts (October 8-14, 2017)

iHype.

1 hour ago, ilovemusic432 said:

Hot 100 Dropouts

UEFZv2v.png

Hot 100 Video Version

Hot 100 Bubbling Under Top 25

I wonder if this person could put the same clip together for the Top Recurrent Songs? Edit -- since this seems to be the new norm, hopefully Despacito can go ahead and get its 26th week in the Top 10.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pacaveli

• miguel

• PurrKaty

• simmnfierzig

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

Obviously more inaccurate than usual with no kworb and still not even the Youtube data from last tracking week. And that #1 race is certainly way closer than I anticipated. Was quite off on both BY(too high)  and Rockstar (too low) streaming this week

1 Bodak Yellow     414  (=)

2 Rockstar     405  (=)

3 1-800-273-8255     323 (+1)  

4 Look What You Made Me Do     303  (+1)

5 Feel It Still     281  (+1)

6 Thunder     276  (+1)

7 Too Good At Goodbyes     256  (+6)

8 Sorry Not Sorry     239  (=)

9 Despacito     237  (=)

10 Mi Gente     237  (-7)

11 Believer     234  (=)

12 Rake It Up     232  (=)

21 Perfect 165 (+13)

24 Havana 158 (+5)

25 Almost Like Praying 158 (debut)

30 Gucci Gang (+16)

35 I Fall Apart 136 (+4)

39 New Rules 122 (+3)

Looks like Rockstar might have to wait one more week until it tops. But congrats to Bodak of it snatches a 4th week. I like both songs so either would be nice.

1-800 and LWYMMD both climbing again :eek: 

And people thought LWYMMD was freefalling :eli:

Thunder and TGAG need to keep climbing! Love both these at the moment. Actually the whole top 12 prediction you provided I actually like all the songs. My least favorite is probably Despacito because it was so over played.

Why is Sam increasing so much ._.

4 Look What You Made Me Do     303  (+1)

24 Havana 158 (+5)

:clap3: 

Edited by Loveyoubxtch

Currently the Hot 100 is determined by dividing sales by six, BDS “audience impressions” by 7k, on-demand streaming by 1.25k and radio streaming by 2.5k. A download now equals 1,167 audience impressions, 208 on-demand streams and 416 radio streams. 

@simmnfierzig Hot 100's formula according to HDD

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

Obviously more inaccurate than usual with no kworb and still not even the Youtube data from last tracking week. And that #1 race is certainly way closer than I anticipated. Was quite off on both BY(too high)  and Rockstar (too low) streaming this week

There is the last tracking week chart on kworb (although it looks as some of the numbers are questionable)

17a77d51-99cc-4057-924c-ecbef9044766.png

ee9dbcf6-1243-4740-9e9e-6620719b1da8.png

3 hours ago, ilovemusic432 said:

Hot 100 Dropouts

UEFZv2v.png

I'm very surprise at "I'm The One" spending only 22 weeks on Hot 100, not much longevity.

Justice 4 "Wish I Knew You" :weeps: It deserved to be a big hit, but it's okay, it fought hard against the tides of injustice, anyways :cries:

I love the facts that the charts are back to being dynamic :alexz3:

the fact that months ago it was so stiff with the 28-week-run being led by only two songs and just a little less than 40 songs entering the top 10 :rip:

not sam blocking SNS :rip: 

5 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

5 Feel It Still     281  (+1)

6 Thunder     276  (+1)

Future TOP 3 contenders with Thunder being possible #1

Demi’s Sorry Not Sorry and No Promises getting a new peak :clap3:

5 hours ago, Squall said:

She could have made a new song popular instead but whatever

ONhY3gT.gif

You're really mad over a single for a great cause. She got on that song because blue liked. Also it's not her first single for charity. You don't know if she donated and decided to do a song for it.

Early predictions looking at streaming and a quick glance at iTunes and radio, sorry @simmnfierzig I don’t think Cardi B will get a fourth week.

1. rockstar (+1)

2. Bodak Yellow (-1)

3. 1-800... (+1)

4. Look What You Made Me Do (+1)

5. Thunder (+2)

6. Feel It Still  (=)

7. Sorry Not Sorry (+1)

8. Despacito (+1)

9. Mi Gente (-6)

10. Believer (+1)

11. Too Good At Goodbyes

12. Unforgettable 

Edited by Mattyboy

Any chance of 1-800 going #2? :dancehall:

If not next week, in the other one? :dancehall3:

• ATRL Moderator

also @simmnfierzig I know you get @'d like 5000 times a week, sorry, but HDD just leaked the hot 100 formula. look at the fourth paragraph

https://web.archive.org/web/20171011005038/http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308806

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

9. Mi Gente (-6)

7 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

10 Mi Gente     237  (-7)

mQZRjE.gif

1 hour ago, Yndda said:

also @simmnfierzig I know you get @'d like 5000 times a week, sorry, but HDD just leaked the hot 100 formula. look at the fourth paragraph

https://web.archive.org/web/20171011005038/http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308806

Hopefully BB will go ahead and make formula adjustments at the beginning of this chart year instead of waiting two months after it's began. With HDD putting the formula out there like this, BB may make the move sooner than later.

Of course, I don't want BB to increase YT streaming's weight -- if anything I'd like to have YT streams = radio streams. Right now the Hot 100 chart runs are so out of whack that breaking longevity records have become a joke by songs not really as massive as many of the prior record holders. Because then, those records will be broken again by the end of next year.

I like having 8-9 #1s a year. But, I'd rather have one 9-10 week #1 with other decent #1 runs than to having two 12 week and one 16 week #1s within 12 months (Closer, SOY, Despacito) with flash in the pan songs sneaking in for 1-2 weeks.

Yes, streaming is "the future," but streaming is largely why the chart runs in a way everyone complains about right now. If sales could just come back into play, we could get back to the 2012-4 charts that had huge hits, but without so many songs staying in the Top 5 for six months. When the Hot 100 operates trimetrically, the chart runs much more smoothly.

52 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

I like having 8-9 #1s a year. But, I'd rather have one 9-10 week #1 with other decent #1 runs than to having two 12 week and one 16 week #1s within 12 months (Closer, SOY, Despacito) with flash in the pan songs sneaking in for 1-2 weeks.

I wouldn't say these were flash in the pan songs by any means :confused: 

Starboy - 19 weeks top 10 / 30 weeks on chart

Humble - 15 weeks top 10 / 27 weeks on chart

That's What I Like - 28 weeks top 10 - 38 weeks on chart

I'm The One - 15 weeks top 10 - 22 weeks on chart

3 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Early predictions looking at streaming and a quick glance at iTunes and radio, sorry @simmnfierzig I don’t think Cardi B will get a fourth week.

1. rockstar (+1)

2. Bodak Yellow (-1)

3. 1-800... (+1)

4. Look What You Made Me Do (+1)

5. Thunder (+2)

6. Feel It Still  (=)

7. Sorry Not Sorry (+1)

8. Despacito (+1)

9. Mi Gente (-6)

10. Believer (+1)

11. Too Good At Goodbyes

12. Unforgettable 

SNS :jonny: 

5 hours ago, Agenor said:

There is the last tracking week chart on kworb (although it looks as some of the numbers are questionable)

17a77d51-99cc-4057-924c-ecbef9044766.png

ee9dbcf6-1243-4740-9e9e-6620719b1da8.png

I'm very surprise at "I'm The One" spending only 22 weeks on Hot 100, not much longevity.

That's 6 days for everything. And Cardi is absurdly low for 2 of them

18 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

They came so close to landing two songs in the top 10, with believer leaving and thunder entering.

It would have been amazing for them to have both in the top 10.