Kworb: Mi Gente remix 78k

Monster Boy

Y'all in here emailing BB, a chart y'all claim isn't even relevant anymore? The fact that y'all care more about Bey's chart positions than the Hive...with haters like these she really doesn't need fans.

2vbr7d1.gif

Anyway, these numbers are decent, I suppose.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queenyoncee

• Destiny

• Paola Bracho

• Armani?

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Only difference: Despacito was already a Top6 song steadily increasing on its own when Justin released the remix while Mi Gente had already reached its peak at #19 and was about to drop in the weeks to come. Nice try though.

Also, Justin is nowadays way stronger single-sales wise than Bey. Nothing to be mad about. She's still rocking album sales and tour sales and especially acclaim and impact.

11iepu0.jpg

Where? It couldn't even enter top 40, it was a cute typical Latin hit in the USA, and it wasn't growing at all it had been charting for like 4months already ,it wasn't even going to enter the top 40 , 

And I don't know why people are comparing this song to despacito, despacito remix was a Game changer ,it started a trend and other artists are jumping on it , of course not every other song to going to smash like despacito

1 minute ago, Spidy said:

Where? It couldn't even enter top 40, it was a cute typical Latin hit in the USA, and it wasn't growing at all it had been charting for like 4months already ,it wasn't even going to enter the top 40 , 

And I don't know why people are comparing this song to despacito, despacito remix was a Game changer ,it started a trend and other artists are jumping on it , of course not every other song to going to smash like despacito

sorry, i didn't check it. It was the other way around, Despacito was barely known in the US but a hit everywhere else. Mi Gente on the other hand already somehow happened in the US.

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

4 minutes ago, Fetch said:

That's a bit disappointing, was expecting much more. I suppose it's good for Beyonce's standards regarding singles right now.

Her standards are that she sold more singles in 2016 than every other artist besides Drake :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Her standards are that she sold more singles in 2016 than every other artist besides Drake :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

Really? That doesn't sound right at all tbh. She hasn't had a hit single for a good time now.

3 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Really? That doesn't sound right at all tbh. She hasn't had a hit single for a good time now.

"hit" singles need sales, streams and radio... she didn't have the latter 2 but had sales :cm:  All 12 of her singles from Lemonade sold at least 100,000 copies, with Hold Up, Formation and Sorry all at over 1 million WW sales :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

Just now, Destiny said:

"hit" singles need sales, streams and radio... she didn't have the latter 2 but had sales :cm:  All 12 of her singles from Lemonade sold at least 100,000 copies, with Hold Up, Formation and Sorry all at over 1 million WW sales :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

Oh, so you're including catalog and album tracks? That makes sense then.

4 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Lemonade songs sold nearly 5 million copies combined in the US

ONhY3gT.gif

35 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

Y'all in here emailing BB, a chart y'all claim isn't even relevant anymore? The fact that y'all care more about Bey's chart positions than the Hive...with haters like these she really doesn't need fans.

2vbr7d1.gif

Anyway, these numbers are decent, I suppose.

I couldn't care less about this song but the fumes are priceless.

2vbr7d1.gif

31 minutes ago, Destiny said:

ONhY3gT.gif

that is a lie ,Justin bieber, twenty one pilots, chain smokers etc sold more singles than her in 2016,

And we are in streaming era, pure sales are dead, there were like 18 artists in 2016 that did better than her in singles

2 minutes ago, Spidy said:

that is a lie ,Justin bieber, twenty one pilots, chain smokers etc sold more singles than her in 2016,

And we are in streaming era, pure sales are dead, there were like 18 artists in 2016 that did better than her in singles

Ok

3 minutes ago, Spidy said:

Beyonce sold 6 million singles in 2016 I think so...

ONhY3gT.gif

4 minutes ago, Spidy said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIMhHg_XUAARdhJ?format=jpg&name=large

ONhY3gT.gif

Good numbers :clap3: 

The wasps trying hard to bring it down but the Hive still rejoices. You won't get our honey

ONhY3gT.gif

Oh my, the flamebait, the pressness, the defending..

over this one charity remix?? :rip: 

Her power :clap3:

34 minutes ago, BKTweets12 said:

Oh my, the flamebait, the pressness, the defending..

over this one charity remix?? :rip: 

Her power :clap3:

???

2 hours ago, Duca said:

the original Despacito was #82 on iTunes and #79 on Spotify when the remix came out

the original Mi Gente was #28 on iTunes and #19 on Spotify when the remix came out

one could say that the remix killed the latter while it did the opposite for Despacito

ONhY3gT.gif

Well the Despacito remix killed the original as well if we go by this logic. Both original songs did not manage to reach #1 on iTunes while remixes did.

ONhY3gT.gif

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Rock That Beat... said:

Let's talk when Bey drops a solo single, a NEW song not a remix that is already overplayed everywhere even in the US. You all forget the original version of Mi Gente is at #54 on iTunes and at #36 on Spotify. The song is DEAD. This remix revived it a bit, but it would never do a Despacito as Despacito was not dead when the remix came. So to take this all in factor, the song is doing actually very well.

This is all false. Mi Gente was top 20 on the Hot 100 and Spotify, and just entered power rotation on Z100. It was doing great before the remix. Just beaus you just heard the song for the first time last week doesn't mean it was flopping.

If anything it seems like the remix killed the song, which is odd considering remixes with big artists usually boost a song (S&M, Last Friday Night, Lay Me Down, Despacito, etc).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.