Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

A MUTHA****ING PERFECT SCORE. 

i'm the QUEEN/legend bitch.

ibwbw0dSFuw7Mt.gif

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

Alena – More Than Just Friends - Mariah Carey

• Element - 8 - “we can ketchup like tomato” i’m dead. https://i.imgur.com/YKUl5Nz.gif Anyway this is cute and I love the melody of the verses, but it doesn’t seem to have the crossing the line vibe that we were hoping you’d all hone in on.
  • rl231 - 8 - I didn’t get that line of crossing that metaphorical line, so...close but no cigar.
  • T-Swizz - 8  - “M-I-M-I M-I-M-I Oh, oh, O.K. oh, oh O.K” Sometimes I had to just stop reading because the lyrics were too deep. They would leave me in tears. Does this song tackle the theme? Sure. Does it do it well? As well as Mariah could.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - AHHH I love this song! Yes it hits the theme of being more than friends, but it didn’t really give me that “lets cross the line” vibe. It just felt a bit flat compared to some of the other entries.

Citrus – I Wanna Be - Chris Brown

• Element - 10 - This is pretty perfect too! I’m giving way too many tens this round. I really like the sense of urgency he has, and how he’s like... I’m done waiting. Now’s the time.
  • rl231 - 10 - Ugh.
  • T-Swizz - 10- I hate that you made me give a Chris Brown song a 10.
  • URBAN - 10 - YES! This song, the emotion is there. You can tell he really wants to cross that line. Wow, you’ve been slaying the past few round bish.

Losing my ground – More Than Friends - A-Lo

• Element - 10 - This has a ton of details in it that really drive home the theme. Awesome pick! (Also dead at you and Citrus both getting straight 10s two rounds in a row now)
  • rl231 - 10 - https://media.tenor.com/images/eb283c6cd85888dc97450cbb56ec41d1/tenor.gif
  • T-Swizz - 10 - Great choice lyrically. I regret playing the actual song as it’s been stuck in my head for the past 10 minutes (for all the wrong reasons) and I didn’t think it was possible to be that try-hard and douchebag-ish in all but three minutes and twenty two seconds but alas, you guys continue to surprise me.
  • URBAN - 10 - Ok, this **** hit all the marks. You just keep winning huh?

Buddy! – If It Kills Me - Jason Mraz

• Element - 9 - The theme is pretty clear here, but I think that it loses a little traction based on the fact that he is NOT willing to get up and say it yet. We wanted to see songs where they are declaring that they WILL cross that line, and he is super close but not all the way there. It’s all hypothetical. I feel like Jason Mraz should be banned from this game after the last two rounds tbh!
  • rl231 - 9 - Kinda like You Make Me Wanna, but more fitting for the round.
  • T-Swizz - 9 - This topic is already pretty tacky but you were able to take it to an entirely new level of tacky! Congratulations!
  • URBAN - 9 - It tackles the theme, but the song itself is too wordy. Had to pause and go back couple of times to get a good grasp on what he was saying.

K$Ellie – You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

• Element - 8 - They definitely seem a bit more distant as friends than some of the other songs this round. Also, it’s a bit hypothetical and discusses her dreams, not a direct inkling to cross the line that she is going to say to his face.
  • rl231 - 8 - I feel like she’s talking to a crush but not someone on a best friend sort of level.
  • T-Swizz - 9 - Excellent taste, however the lyrics didn’t fit the theme as well as the others.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - Eh, I don’t get “bestfriend” wanting to cross that line, but more of a girl wishing her crush saw she was the right one for him.

Mariah4life – Deana Carter - How Do I Get There

• Element - 8.5 - There are a few lines that are strong, like when she is seemingly ready to tell him because the feeling is getting deeper. But she still needs to push a little bit harder and find that courage to jump over the edge.
  • rl231 - 8 - She seems to be looking for the signs to tell him, but she hasn’t told him yet.
  • T-Swizz - 9 - This song is pretty spot on but I just wish there was a bit more lyrically. I really enjoyed the direction it was going in but it feels like I’ve only seen a teaser.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - Definitely tackles the theme, but it lacks something for me. I feel like lyrically could’ve been stronger.

Loveyoubxtch – Más que amigos - Matisse

• Element - 8 - This one is kind of weird to me, and I’m not sure if it’s because of the translation or not… It just seems a bit too hypothetical and she isn’t really being forceful and determined in crossing the line. Other entries are stronger this time.
  • rl231 - 8.5 - It hit the theme but not as hard as I would’ve liked, at least lyrically and compared to other entries.
  • T-Swizz - 8 - Another duet! Lyrically, it’s pretty basic and I’m not sure if that’s due to the depth of the song being lost in translation but unfortunately all I could refer to is the English translation. Definitely tackles the theme but unfortunately not as well as the others.
  • URBAN - 9 - Definitely a great choice. You took a risk and submitted a song in a completely different language, and it worked tbh. Love the vocals, mostly the males. Wish their chemistry was stronger, it would’ve elevated the song.

Cofresí

2DJ6L77.png

MusicLoverDude – Say You’re Just A Friend - Austin Mahone feat. Flo Rida

• Element - 8 - It’s very generic in addressing the theme, and I would have much preferred a song that delved a bit deeper into his desires. The rap verse is a thematic waste.
  • rl231 - 8.5 - Nnnnnnn, the song is catchy. Anyways, it hits the theme, but it’s not as hard as I would’ve liked it, probably due to its repetitiveness.
  • T-Swizz - 8 - Is this supposed to be the white version of Biz Markie’s “Just A Friend”? You should’ve just picked the original! This obviously tackles the theme but it doesn’t do it nearly as well as others have.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - Tackles the theme very well, but not as strong as the other entries. It gets very repetitive, and the rap feature felt like filler.

PoKiTaurus – Thin Line - Nelly Furtado & Jurassic 5

• Element - 9 - It definitely addresses the theme but I’m just like LOST at the end. They’re playing with the idea of crossing the line, but does it actually happen?? Who can never be sure
  • rl231 - 9 - A VERY interesting song. Thematically, it works, but it’s all so very complicated. Will they or won’t they?
  • T-Swizz - 10 - One of my favorite entries this round! A detailed commentary of the complications involved with platonic relationships. Nelly singing the hook just elevates it to another level. I would give this an 11/10 if I could.
  • URBAN - 9 -  Nelly saved this song in my eyes, the rest felt very blah. The theme is there though.

Aciid – Reik - Yo Quisiera

• Element - 9.5 - This one definitely has more impact than the other non-English song. I like how he makes it clear that they have a very emotional, close relationship through his comforting her. I’m assuming that the final chorus is him finally crossing the line and telling her, but it’s a little bit vague given the preceding lyrics, so I have to dock the half point.
  • rl231 - 9.5 - ¡Un gran trabajo!
  • T-Swizz - 10 - This is the kind of quality I expect if you decide to submit a song in a foregin language! (takes notes Loveyoubxtch)
  • URBAN - 10 - Another great latin entry! Damn, I really like this song, the emotion, the lyrics, the sound, it’s a beautiful track. Thank you for introducing me to this.

Kathlen – JoJo - Secret Love

• Element - 7.5 - She wrestles with her frustrations and desires, but she really doesn’t show any motivation to get up and ruin.that.friendship!
  • rl231 - 8 - She was very young, but...she never even crossed the line!
  • T-Swizz - 8.5 - Love this song and it tackles the theme but the song just lacks that extra punch lyrically. It doesn’t approach the topic from any unique angle and the lyrics are pretty simple but regardless it’s a decent choice.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - Good song, but she didn’t really try to cross that line. Feels more as if she hoped he would noticed how she felt.

Fruity – Don’t Let Go (Love) - En Vogue

• Element - 10 - Ok yah this is (flawless). It has the fantasy, the risk, the confidence, and the line crossing.
  • rl231 - 10 - https://media.tenor.com/images/932bffb79a232fa8a9909e48961aeadc/tenor.gif
  • T-Swizz - 10 - Perfection.  
  • URBAN - 11 (YES 11) - (Element: This is a 10, sorry bb URBAN doesn’t have that authority) (T-Swizz: Why is Urban so extra?) (Element: IDK how he won season 6) (rl231: Neither do I.) I originally dragged you for submitting the lifeless version, but after being informed that it was a mistake on the hoests (hoests lol) part, I came here and changed it to ALL PRAISE baby! YAS YAS, a WINNER! Ding ding ding.

Rhisiart – Can’t Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon

• Element - 9 - omg he’s like lost in his head. He can’t fight it anymore and it’s like he’s an inch away from the line. Just jump over it plz
  • rl231 - 9 - A very classic song that is awesome for the theme...but a tad too repetitive to be perfection.
  • T-Swizz - 9 - I didn’t expect to enjoy this song at all but the arrangement and melody were interesting. Lyrically got a bit repetitive but regardless it tackled the feelings aspect pretty well but was a bit too generic to be a 10.
  • URBAN - 9 - Nn, as soon as it started I thought of “Not Another Teen Movie” :skull:, very repetitive and cheesy for my taste, but it tackles the theme.

Lucky#17 – Falling In Love With Your Best Friend - Paul Baribeau

• Element - 7.5 - Eh, it’s weak compared to the rest of these. He is toying with the idea but he’s not really coming out any saying anything to her. Same score as Jojo for me.
  • rl231 - 8 - Lyrically, it was very interesting, but I’m just confused. Has he told her that he wanted to cross that line?
  • T-Swizz - 9 - This was definitely more on the simple side but the singer went the extra mile lyrically as he uses personal experiences to help convey his message. The instrumental was pretty bare but the lyrics surprisingly fit it pretty well.
  • URBAN - 9 - Kind of sloppy sonically, but the lyrics did the job.

Final Results coming up.

Just now, Riri. said:

ibwbw0dSFuw7Mt.gif

Riri.

4 minutes ago, Riri. said:

ibwbw0dSFuw7Mt.gif

okay you betta :clap3: 

URBAN - 11 (YES 11) - (Element: This is a 10, sorry bb URBAN doesn’t have that authority) (T-Swizz: Why is Urban so extra?) (Element: IDK how he won season 6) (rl231: Neither do I.)

sdafsdgrhy the lashings

qk5tit3.gif

Just now, True Skarlet said:

sdafsdgrhy the lashings

qk5tit3.gif

They didn't mention that I won with 6 jury votes and good social play. RL wishes. :fan:

I feel like Jason Mraz should be banned from this game after the last two rounds tbh!

The fumes

useuLeF.jpg

lB6xNDR.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Alcantra
1. wesleywalrus - 10 - IMMUNE

1. Riri. - 10 - IMMUNE

1. Speezy - 10 - IMMUNE

4. Queen Conchita - 9.3

5. talent - 8.8

6. Marvin - 7.1

Lussan
1. Citrus - 10 - IMMUNE
1. Losing my ground - 10 - IMMUNE  

3. Buddy! - 9.0
4. Mariah4life - 8.5
5. K$Ellie - 8.4
6. Loveyoubxtch - 8.4
7. Alena - 8.1

Cofresí
1. Fruity - 10 - IMMUNE
2. Aciid - 9.8
3. PoKiTaurus - 9.3
4. Rhisiart - 9.0
5. Lucky#17 - 8.4
5. MusicLoverDude - 8.4
7. Kathlen - 8.1

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall Rank:

1. Losing my ground - 10 (=)

1. Citrus - 10 (=)

1. wesleywalrus - 10 (+19)

1. Riri. - 10 (+11)

1. Speezy - 10 (+16)

1. Fruity - 10 (+2)

7. Aciid - 9.8 (+4)

8. PoKiTaurus - 9.3 (-2)

8. Queen Conchita - 9.3 (+9)

10. Rhisiart - 9.0 (-2)

10. Buddy! - 9.0 (-7)

12. talent - 8.8 (-9)

13. Mariah4life - 8.5 (-6)

14. K$Ellie - 8.4 (-6)

14. Lucky#17 - 8.4 (=)

14. Loveyoubxtch - 8.4 (+5)

17. MusicLoverDude - 8.1 (-1)

17. Kathlen - 8.4 (-3)
19. Alena - 8.1 (-7)
20. Marvin - 7.1 (+1)

Average Rank (through R4):

1. Speezy - 8.90

2. Fruity8.73

3. Mariah4life - 8.68

4. Rhisiart - 8.58

5. Buddy! - 8.53

6. Losing my ground - 8.50

7. Taeyeon - 8.46

8. wesleywalrus - 8.45

8. Kathlen - 8.45

10. Riri. - 8.28

11. Loveyoubxtch - 8.03

12. Aciid - 7.93

12. Lucky#17 - 7.93

14. Citrus - 7.88

15. PoKiTaurus - 7.63

16. K$Ellie - 7.60

17. MusicLoverDude - 7.55

17. Alena - 7.55

19. Marvin - 7.27

20. talent - 7.10

21. Queen Conchita - 6.92

21. Kylie Jenner - 7.48
22. Taeyeon - 8.46
23. Guero - 6.88
24. Tsareena - 6.31
25. Scotty - 4.79
26. Fa1x Intelectual - 2.8
27. AlexaVon - 1.8

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round?

Click the spoiler to find out!

Spoiler

Coming in 1st place this round is...

Tribe Alcantra with an average of 9.19. 

HbVdSGCbgNswl4fKaOUxUSr0QgV00QEhBoNFSB57_aWkhPhG5gix-BcC-dmlU9XDI-YvPh1gflJMqJO3inUXZWxbAFrFFPe-TOIr7Elt_YOj0SGfQn3hG_8A64O8xYgVdA

Congratulations! You are all safe.

Coming in 2nd place is...

By a margin of 0.05 is

Tribe Cofresí with an average of 8.96.

2DJ6L77.png

Congratulations, you are all safe as well!

Which means, Tribe Lussan, with an average of 8.91, you are heading to tribal council. 

Lussan - One of you will become the eighth eliminated castaway after this Tribal Council. When you are ready, PM the SURVIVOR chat that has Element and rl231 with the name of the person you want eliminated from your tribe. Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software (available online or to download)! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 9 PM EST on Wednesday, October 12th. Remember, Citrus and Losing my ground are immune from elimination on your tribe.

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone.

Full titile:

Lawyer: Nicki Minaj is backing her brother "100 percent,"

@Riri.

What is this

useuLeF.jpg

2 minutes ago, URBAN said:

They didn't mention that I won with 6 jury votes and good social play. RL wishes. :fan:

I DO!!!!!!!!

Urban = Social awesomeness

RL = Strategic mastermind

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, rl231 said:

I DO!!!!!!!!

Urban = Social awesomeness

RL = Strategic mastermind

Element = both!

Just now, Lucky#17 said:

NOT by 0.05pts

useuLeF.jpg