Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

Just now, Dylan' said:

^ Nvm found one!

You’re not funny

dylonius

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Aciid said:

What is this speed round? 

for marvin and poki only!

1 minute ago, Aciid said:

What is this speed round? 

Nudes!

Round ends soon so send in asap.

4 minutes ago, Element said:

for marvin and poki only!

Oh y'all made it sound like it was important for us to be present so I was worried it was something else.

15 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

You’re not funny

dylonius

Love you ? 

• ATRL Moderator

kfc4lyl.png

@Marvin @PoKiTaurus

Speed Round Results

When we left off, Marvin and PoKi had their round 9 submissions exactly tied in both score and in judges' vote (a 2-2 deadlock). These were two of the strongest entries of the entire round. Because of this unprecedented situation, we devised a second tiebreaker with three components. The winner of each component would earn one point towards advancing in the game. 

1. Dylan's Choice - Dylan will judge the original tiebreaker entries and select the better one to win a point
  2. Song Theme - Both would submit a song based on the below theme, just as we have this entire pre-merge. The judges would score and select the better one to win a point.

The theme for this speed round is about wanting to let go and embracing your crazy. We want a song that fully embodies the transformation of someone who was trying to be normal but then says, "F*** it!" and goes to their crazy self. The example for this round is Bebe Rexha's I'm Gonna Show You Crazy. In the song, she talks about trying to be normal and driving herself crazy by being normal and then deciding to be crazy.

3. Jigsaw Puzzle - Both Marvin and PoKi would compete in a 40-piece jigsaw puzzle. The person with the better time on the puzzle would win a point.

I just want to say before these results that both of you did a really awesome job in fighting for your spot. It's sad to see either one of you leave right now, but you really tried your hardest so be proud of that. And thank you for bearing with us through this weird situation.

Let's see how they did!

Part One - Dylan's Choice

I didn’t feel the need to score you both as this specific part of the round is only between you two and it only matters whose entry I prefer rather than an average of the entire panel. So, I am just choosing who won this tiebreaker in my opinion. 

Looking at the entries, I can see why it was so close.

Let’s start with the similar. Both of your entries relied on a tad too much on escaping reality in a romantic manner. I think they are both strong entries regardless. But this is a place both of you lacked in just a little bit. 

I do feel A Whole New World does a better job in the sense of imagery. The lyrics describe a clear scenery more so than Wanderlust does. And in general, a Whole New World does a bit more lyrically for me.

However, sonically speaking.... I prefer Wanderlust by a mile. It’s dreamy and ethereal. It’s basically exactly what I would have envisioned for this round on a sonic level. While A Whole New World is stronger lyrically, the production isn’t that dreamy being that it is a Disney classic and Disney music has a dinstinct sound that’s almost corny to some degree. 

Now that my quick review has turned into an essay... Who do I think had the stronger entry? 

Spoiler

Marvin - Wanderlust 

What you lacked lyrically was completely made up for and then some from the sound of the track.

That's one point for Marvin!

Part Two - Song Theme

Marvin - Strange - The Feeling

• Element - 3 - This is definitely a misfire for the theme. Everything in this song discusses how being "strange" is okay... we were looking for someone losing their mind. 
  • rl231 - 6 - I get why you submitted this song because the example was essentially talking about embracing your strangeness and accepting yourself for who you are, which was kinda what the example was about. However, the example had this "aha!" or "f*** it!" moment, and yours definitely didn't. Also, strangeness =/= craziness.
  • T-Swizz - "Cause everyone knows we're strange

So why do you feel ashamed, baby
    Everyone knows we're different
    So why do you feel ashamed
    We love you all the same" 

3 - This would be perfect for someone embracing their uniqueness but being strange is a far stretch from being crazy. The song is essentially about embracing yourself for who you are, never mentions or alludes to letting go or embracing your crazy side. We were looking for someone who goes from normal to crazy but this track is about educating everyone about how being different can be your "normal". Not quite what we were looking for! 

PoKiTaurus - Not Myself Tonight - Christina Aguilera

• Element - 9 - This is a really great pick for the theme. The subject matter of letting loose on the dance floor is not ~perfect~, but there are many lyrics in here that support her losing her mind and doing something that, to her normal self, is "crazy". Nice job!
  • rl231 - 8.5 - When I saw this entry, I was curious and confused, but I must've totally forgot about this song because it works really well! I'm not sure if the club aspect in the song worked, but I think you were successful (and you're totally winning this part lol), so good job!
  • T-Swizz - 10 - You normally wouldn't get this high of a score but quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of these ties. Unlike the other submission, song actually includes the word crazy and the title alone encompasses what we were looking for in this challenge. Sure it's a bit generic but you hit the nail on the head theme-wise. 

By an average score of 9.16 vs. 4.0, PokiTaurus wins a point!

And we are tied again. It all comes down to the puzzle....

Part Three - Jigsaw Puzzle

PoKiTaurus

Spoiler

2:532S35EOI.png

Marvin

Spoiler

2:24SqTohYH.jpg

So.... by 29 seconds....

Marvin is the winner of the speed round! Congratulations, Marvin, you are a part of the final 14!

PokiTaurus - thank you so much for playing this season and for giving it your all in this tiebreaker. It was SO incredibly close and I really admire your determination and fight. Your time in ATRL Survivor has come to an end, in 16th place. Keep repping the best zodiac sign on ATRL <3

77C75rj.gif

Lussan's tribal council results will be up shortly after their deadline.

• ATRL Moderator

OMG I thought for sure I'd be gone

tenor.gif

not it coming down to a ****ing JIGSAW after all that

15qvk9k.jpg 

n29WRn9.gif

Wait, I forgot to make my score of Marvin's a 4 :rip:, but congrats to him! :clap3: 

Also Poki, you did incredibly well in this game, so you should be proud :clap3::clap3:  

17 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

n29WRn9.gif

i love this gif.

We know what's gonna happen anyway so I guess I'll come back for the new round tomorrow xoxo

4okiIJj.gif

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Elimination spoilers 100% legit

Reveal hidden contents

@Fruity sorry babez

I love having my own personal cheerleaders

ONhY3gT.gif 

Edited by Fruity

Marv pulling out all the stops tho

First a vote steal

Then a hidden talent for jigsaws, when will the shocks end

4okiIJj.gif  

Can't wait for next week's mario kart tiebreaker involving me and @Losing my ground

Where I win

4okiIJj.gif 

Edited by Fruity