Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

4 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

have you gotten any scores?

I don't think anyone expect citrus has even started n 

Well I just finished my paper but I have more studying to do now :) 

Singing to the deer in the skies
Singing as they jingle, jingle, jingle tonight
Singing to the moon setting free
You're the angel on the top of my tree
Singing to the spirit above
Sing your heart out with all of your love
Santa's coming for us

Santa's coming for us, Santa's coming for us
Santa's coming for us
Oh, Santa's coming for us

:zzz:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, SaintWest said:

Santa's coming for us

y7LYypH.gif

Cabello (born in Cojimar, Eastern Havana, Cuba) also charts the fourth Hot 100 top 10 this year whose title doubles as the name of a city. It follows prior trips to the top 10 for "Paris" by The Chainsmokers (No. 6 peak in March); "Portland" by Drake (No. 9, April); and "Malibu" by Miley Cyrus (No. 10, June).

and they say i have no impact

Doing reviews on my phone rn cause I’m at work and it’s dead x

@Hug, “Nine of Diamonds”

”poker face is timeless” ummmm tru

Ok but this was pretty cute conceptually. I think it was neat how you were able to bridge those two concepts together, since they’re not super famously or obviously connected. I think you linked the object and betrayal pretty well, even if the card/luck puns were getting to be a little much by the end. In that sense, while your imagery was still concise and portrays what you were trying to say exceptionally, it does feel a little one note if the narrative doesn’t go through some major climax, which I don’t think it really does. Some other problem areas were the “message after the beep” line and the use of the word “damnedest”.  The former was a little too forced for me, and the latter is just phrased awkwardly. If it’s any consolation, I can’t tjonk of anything to replace “damnedest” that wouldn’t change the meaning, but alas. Overall, this was good, and consistent throughout, though I wish the narrative had a bit more interaction.

”From the whole deck of cards I drew the Nine of Diamonds / Money won’t buy honesty, but a poker face is timeless”

@Tsareena, “Sunflower”

Okay this was pretty cute. The imagery was super consistent, and while I don’t fully understand the complexities of what’s going on connotatively, it seems like a message simple enough for most people to resonate with. The chorus growing as it went on was wig-defying, especially in the context of the song. A really cute detail. I still took issue with some lines though - like the last line in Verse One. It seems like it’s missing a word or something? I also felt like the repeating lines in the chorus weren’t necessary, and I like the layer choruses a lot more than the first few. On the other hand, Verse 3 feels a little filler-y, and I don’t think this song needed four verses. Overall, this feels like your most polished entry yet, even if there minor hurdles here and there.

“Gold hues of the Sun in my petals / From my new life in Eden”

F*** that’s all I have time for :skull: my reviews are still coming tonite though :emofish:

sorry for this week, I have lots of things due all of the sudden :jonny2:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

@Tsareena, “Sunflower”

Okay this was pretty cute. The imagery was super consistent, and while I don’t fully understand the complexities of what’s going on connotatively, it seems like a message simple enough for most people to resonate with. The chorus growing as it went on was wig-defying, especially in the context of the song. A really cute detail. I still took issue with some lines though - like the last line in Verse One. It seems like it’s missing a word or something? I also felt like the repeating lines in the chorus weren’t necessary, and I like the layer choruses a lot more than the first few. On the other hand, Verse 3 feels a little filler-y, and I don’t think this song needed four verses. Overall, this feels like your most polished entry yet, even if there minor hurdles here and there.

“Gold hues of the Sun in my petals / From my new life in Eden”

:cupid: I had 3 verses boo. Thanks for the review 

2 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:cupid: I had 3 verses boo. Thanks for the review 

Oh there was a bridge too. Then it didn’t need 3 :cupid:

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Didn't Hug's song say "priceless", not "timeless"? :cupid:

queen of fact checking. expose ha alternative facts!

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

Oh there was a bridge too. Then it didn’t need 3 :cupid:

Cool cool