PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

9 minutes ago, Citrus said:

First of all, this is a wonderful recording and it jams so much it made me forget what a ****ing mess these lyrics are.

@SaintWest I think this may have happened to you too

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

7 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

still very, very scared 

I was meanest to you cuz you were first, but you definitely weren't near last hon

Just now, Citrus said:

I was meanest to you cuz you were first, but you definitely weren't near last hon

ok bless. holy hell what was your average this round, 3.41?

1 minute ago, Citrus said:

:skull: 

Just now, SaintWest said:

wat

you were bopping enough to forget how much of a ****ing mess the lyrics were

24 minutes ago, Citrus said:

@Aurora– Counterfeit:

• Your penchant for internal rhymes got the worst of you in some places and made us lose the rhyme structure of the end of lines (“Alibi loose as your” wrist through “dead in a ditch”)
  • “High as a lift” is basic and hearing it would make me think of the driver app tbh
  • “Fake as a pseudonym author” is clunky and ugly

****ing bye at the Genius page, you tryhard extra ass. That being said, I ****ing SCREAMED at “Following the loose theme, I reference Taylor Swift”, you shady bitch. The chorus in this song goes all the way off in a way pretty much nobody else did this round, so thank you for that. While there were a couple issues (highlighted above, though those definitely weren’t the only ones), this was a bop and a proper diss track. I’d love to see you do this style again, and that says a lot because this round almost made me register as a Republican.

So I always read all the reviews and I'm seeing you reiterate how much you didn't like this round overall and having flashbacks to "The Gift" and preparing myself for the lashings and then I get this lowkey amazing review. :jonny4: I'm so glad it worked for you.

The "Alibi…" flow works in my head but on paper I get how it's hard to find since it's a completely new flow from the other stuff. "High as a lift" is indeed a weaker lyric but I promise what I had in its place before that was even worse! Also I found lift was more of a British-Australian thing to call an elevator, but figured it was only a small thing. ddd @ "pseudonym author", even I can't defend that ****. :laugh: But I thought it's possibly not as bad as "I just a-rove [arrived] in a Rolls" or a bunch of other rap butcherings I could name?

The Genius was extra af but actually super fun to make. I might even upload my other songs to there at some point if I can be bothered. I'd almost given up on rap in PH so this round has given me a much needed confidence boost to keep working on it. It's such a totally different way of writing from regular PH stuff and sometimes it's fun to just experiment, and yeah it's not always gonna work, but you don't know until you try.

12 minutes ago, Citrus said:

honestly? it could be worse tbh

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

So I always read all the reviews and I'm seeing you reiterate how much you didn't like this round overall and having flashbacks to "The Gift" and preparing myself for the lashings and then I get this lowkey amazing review. :jonny4: I'm so glad it worked for you.

The "Alibi…" flow works in my head but on paper I get how it's hard to find since it's a completely new flow from the other stuff. "High as a lift" is indeed a weaker lyric but I promise what I had in its place before that was even worse! Also I found lift was more of a British-Australian thing to call an elevator, but figured it was only a small thing. ddd @ "pseudonym author", even I can't defend that ****. :laugh: But I thought it's possibly not as bad as "I just a-rove [arrived] in a Rolls" or a bunch of other rap butcherings I could name?

The Genius was extra af but actually super fun to make. I might even upload my other songs to there at some point if I can be bothered. I'd almost given up on rap in PH so this round has given me a much needed confidence boost to keep working on it. It's such a totally different way of writing from regular PH stuff and sometimes it's fun to just experiment, and yeah it's not always gonna work, but you don't know until you try.

i’m entirely convinced UFO has inhabited your soul

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

i’m entirely convinced UFO has inhabited your soul

I've always been an essay queen tbh, I just always get overshadowed by UFO. :'( Plus I tried to tone it down at the beginning of the season but girl these nerves don't calm them self! (yes that was a pear reference, I can't help it, I'm still in rap mode!)

12 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

you were bopping enough to forget how much of a ****ing mess the lyrics were

cffff shut up you know I stanned

Just now, SaintWest said:

cffff shut up you know I stanned

I know but no one else is so i’m trying to figure out what happened here :'( 

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

#Throwback to my most iconic post on OldTRL: https://classic.atrl.net/?p=18350763

"Katy is mimicking a more Beyoncé-like career shift" found dead in a ditch

your essay queen claim has substantive evidence here

4 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

your essay queen claim has substantive evidence here

that entire shitpost was such a mess but this stuck out to me just now:

And the song has a theme about survival and coming back from the brink of extinction...

wig @ me predicting "Praying" all the way back in 2013. We love her again!

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

that entire shitpost was such a mess but this stuck out to me just now:

wig @ me predicting "Praying" all the way back in 2013. We love her again!

ok WHIG. the essay prophetess of ATRL

2 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

15qvk9k.jpg

same

results probably in an hour ish? assuming this headache goes away xo

7 minutes ago, Jackson said:

results probably in an hour ish? assuming this headache goes away xo

i know you ain't afraid to pop (headache) pills

Just now, Aurora said:

i know you ain't afraid to pop (headache) pills

i just took two advil :heart2: