• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• swissman

• Green

• infrared

10 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

They're mad that Billboard is not willing to acknowledge glaring cases of chart manipulation. That seems like a reasonable thing to get angry about. 

They should have been done that. Not do it everytime a Jay Z affiliate releases something.

They even tried to say the same thing with Bey but the numbers from multiple LEGIT sources spoke up. 

33 minutes ago, mike3009 said:

Well, they are more relevant than HDD, for sure. :deadbanana2:

well. they are winning in this disccusion so they may rose a little 

3 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

What are you talking about? Something along the lines of Meek's non-revenue-generated streams this week has NEVER been allowed to count because Billboard has had rules in place to prevent similar tactics with sales and airplay. We are angry because Billboard is unwilling to acknowledge that the same thing is happening with streaming–right in front of their eyes–and they're choosing to do nothing.

You can't expect Billboard to change their rules overnight. If they are getting pressured by different labels, they will update their rules. Billboard has never been afraid to change their rules. 

Meek's label is obviously ok with this and I wouldn't be surprised if others do the same.

it's extremely unrealistic to ask Billboard to prohibit something just because gossip site HDD is against it. 

This isn't the end of the story. Stay tuned.

And we can't ignore HDD has a rival chart and they want to be the go-to publication for charts. It's very transparent 

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

It took years for Billboard to perfect their Hot100 formula and to have rules in place for the Albums chart.

Few months ago, they updated their rules again...

Streaming is a new beast and we can't expect Billboard to update their rules overnight. Billboard said they are vetting everything. HDD is mad Billboard didn't give them details about the vetting process.

Deciding to not count revenue-free streams is a very easy decision to make.  Billboard didn't count Tidal's free Anti giveaway even though Samsung paid for it.  Now, no one is paying for Meek's free giveaway, yet it's being counted?  Like HDD said, this is akin to handing out free albums on the street.  Why in the world would Billboard think that is legitimate?  This has been going on for a week.  Billboard is either lazy, corrupt, a mess, or all three to not come up with a solution within the time passed.

25 minutes ago, infrared said:

But in general. The hostility on social media and online has amplified in all areas in the past year. You can't turn a corner without something being offensive on both sides. I've seen HDD throw shade, but this time they're not even hiding it. They're literally @ them. 

HDD becoming gangsta about it:clap3:

HDD doesn't want fakenews and I don't blame them. Billboard will count the streams until a rule is enforced that keeps manipulated receipts out of the system.

:emofish:

Will "the Bible" put a shady asterisk next to Meeks (?) #1 like they do with Born This Way first week's sales everytime they mention them? At least Gaga's sales weren't free.

1 minute ago, Superpower said:

You can't expect Billboard to change their rules overnight. If they are getting pressured by different labels, they will update their rules. Billboard has never been afraid to change their rules. 

Meek's label is obviously ok with this and I wouldn't be surprised if others do the same.

it's extremely unrealistic to ask Billboard to prohibit something just because gossip site HDD is against it. 

And we can't ignore HDD has a rival chart and they want to be the go-to publication for charts. It's very transparent 

In this case, after a surprising last-minute rule change on Tuesday night, her expected #1 debut on next week's Billboard albums chart for her fifth effort, Blackout, will be trumped at the finish line by the Eagles' Long Road Out of Eden. 

We would have preferred to make this decision earlier, but only became aware within the last 24 hours that Wal-Mart would be willing to share the data for this title with Nielsen SoundScan." Other titles set to debut on the chart will also be affected by the revision.

:ace:

How many streams do yall exoect Tidal to give Meek? Im screaming at the outrage over a flop service. Soundcloud, Deezer and Samsung Music could never. 

Hey Gurl Hey

Anybody that uses the term "fake news " is gross

Edited by Hey Gurl Hey

33 minutes ago, Superpower said:

The Eagles / Blackout?

17 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

Right. Like the charts have been an assbackwards mess for awhile and NOW you're upset? Suicidal got people all in their feelings. BB ain't ****. And guess what, neither is HDD's unofficial, unused ass. They all need to destroy each other. :cm:

It's funny how all ATRL cares about are charts and now we see they don't even trust Billboard :ahh: 

Anyway,

tumblr_mxyjpyZ5WM1qimturo1_500.gif

Just now, Superpower said:

What I do expect from Billboard is an admission that this tactic is a clear breach of chart protocol and a reassurance that it will not be allowed to happen again. The people high up at Billboard certainly have the authority to be able to go out and say "hey, what you did there was dirty, and if you do it again it won't count towards the chart." That's not something that can't be done overnight. Just recently, we saw Billboard take quick action on compilation albums like Summer Latin Hits 2017 by implementing the rule that TEA & SEA from those albums wouldn't count. 

Of course Meek's label is OK with it– because it gets his client a #1 album. :toofunny3: I'm sure Interscope isn't happy that two #1 albums were effectively stolen from their clients.

And as I've said, HDD isn't just any site. It's been around for 31 years and is one of the most read, most reputable insider publications in the industry. But I agree that this isn't the end, and that we'll be hearing more reactions from different industry sources in the coming days. HDD's opinion isn't the only one that matters, but I believe that executives will side with them on this. We'll see what this leads to (hopefully, change).

4 minutes ago, Superpower said:

It's funny how all ATRL cares about are charts and now we see they don't even trust Billboard :ahh: 

Anyway,

tumblr_mxyjpyZ5WM1qimturo1_500.gif

Until an intern editor posts about their fave being the queen of slippers, woke pop or innovation. That's when Billboard counts.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

The Eagles / Blackout?

Oh drag them then :eatpopcorn: 

in their defense, this is streaming and the existing streaming rules are already tragic so ?‍♂️

If minimum pricing applies to physical and downloads, why not to these types of streams that have no revenue-generating component?

Solid point.

6 minutes ago, Green said:

The Eagles / Blackout?

what was the rule for Blackout? I see this mentioned many times but I never dig what is all about

1 minute ago, UNNAMI said:

what was the rule for Blackout? I see this mentioned many times but I never dig what is all about

Billboard didn't allow albums only sold at one retailer to chart. The Billboard head changed the rules when he saw the eagles selling more exclusively at walmart. Britney would've been #1. 

HDD has been stomping on Billboard's neck for years and I live for it. I don't know why people are getting bogged down in the "they are irrlevent" part of this, when they obviously meant that billboard's newer metrics make their charts stupid and pointless to follow. And Sunshine is right, this has been a problem even before the streaming rules.

HDD bringing that tea 

54 minutes ago, elemonated said:

HDD sounds so pressed that they will never be as big as Billboard :ahh:

Right? Lmao

HDD has been pressed against Billboard for 2 years now and it's the reason I stopped reading them. Petty and juvenile

Billboard remains the most relevant official chart and HDD remains a website for industry insiders and stans that is totally irrelevant to everyone outside of that realm. Make peace with that and stop being bitter. And they're actually right about the Tidal debacle, but I can't side with them when they're going about it like this

15 minutes ago, Meowster said:
If minimum pricing applies to physical and downloads, why not to these types of streams that have no revenue-generating component?

Solid point.

Anything that's free period shouldn't be counted. Revenue shouldn't matter. And that's including streams from freemium. And BB should be vetting numbers reported by ALL music outlets and streaming services and have that done by an outside source. And they definitely should not be counting single streams as album sales. But most of y'all live for BB, so live I guess.

33 minutes ago, Superpower said:

It took years for Billboard to perfect their Hot100 formula and to have rules in place for the Albums chart.

After the 99 cents fiasco, they changed their rules. Few months ago, they updated their rules again...

Streaming is a new beast and we can't expect Billboard to update their rules overnight. Billboard said they are vetting everything. HDD is mad Billboard didn't give them details about the vetting process.

All HDD is doing is undermining Billboard to make their BuzzAngle chart more relevant.

1.) Streaming is not a new beast anymore and the idea that they actually think revenue-less streams need to be "taken into consideration" is ridiculous.

2.) They have and definitely can change their rules overnight. Hasn't stopped them before.

4 minutes ago, Domination said:

1.) Streaming is not a new beast anymore and the idea that they actually think revenue-less streams need to be "taken into consideration" is ridiculous.

The Billboard charts are consumption charts tho. :gaycat3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.