HDD : Billboard is irrelevant / fake news

infrared

Just now, Sunshine. said:

The Billboard charts are consumption charts tho. :gaycat3:

No they most certainly are not. Otherwise they would count Zippyshare and other pirating and still allow you to sell albums for $0.99

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• swissman

• Green

• infrared

1 minute ago, Sunshine. said:

I mean, that's what they keep telling us, right. It's all about "consumption" and now it's all about revenue. :lmao: My, my, my...

1 minute ago, Domination said:

No they most certainly are not. Otherwise they would count Zippyshare and other pirating and still allow you to sell albums for $0.99

I mean, I wasn't posing a question. It's a fact. lol :duck:

Just now, Sunshine. said:

I mean, I wasn't posing a question. It's a fact. lol :duck:

But it isn't a fact, my dear. They are a consumption chart as long as said consumption is meeting a particular standard of revenue. Always has been since it became a thing. Like I said, if it were a "consumption chart" as you claim, then they would count piracy. But they aren't. You can call a cat a dog but it will never be a dog.

The irrelevant calling the relevant irrelevant is funny....

but they have some good points that you cannot disagree with tbh

This whole drama around Meek's free streams has totally ruined a very interesting competition for the top spot.

QueenofCopyPaste

HDD :clap3:

11 hours ago, swissman said:

For sure!
And they need to get song streams out of counting for the Billboard 200.

then what streams will they count?

10 hours ago, Sunshine. said:

then they should have counted rihanna's 1 million copies

Free streams should be weighed much much less than paid streams, that I agree.

But at the end of the day, Billboard is THE definitive official chart. It's not going to change however much HDD fumes

11 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

Free streams should be weighed much much less than paid streams, that I agree.

But at the end of the day, Billboard is THE definitive official chart. It's not going to change however much HDD fumes

No they shouldn't - consumption is consumption. Just because I pay to consume and someone else listens to ads doesn't mean my consumption is worth more than theirs.

Streams in front of a paywall shouldn't be counted on the BB200 especially since Tidal's could be botted so easily

How’s HDD calling Billboard irrelevant when it’s more relevant than HDD. :biblio:

All streams should be counted.

12 hours ago, swissman said:

For sure!
And they need to get song streams out of counting for the Billboard 200.

so true

since when people listening to the same song a lot equals to people listening to a whole album :deadbanana:  This was the first time i realized that charts are becoming highly inaccurate, and they have never been fully accurate in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Mercurio said:

How’s HDD calling Billboard irrelevant when it’s more relevant than HDD. :biblio:

All streams should be counted.

then why are they not fully counting youtube and spotify (especially youtube which is easily bigger), but only tidal

Edited by Mariano

2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

then why are they not fully counting youtube and spotify (especially youtube which is easily bigger), but only tidal

That’s a rule that clearly needs to be changed. 

both need to stfu and fix their ****, the charts are clearly broken and need constant revision with the rate streaming is growing

Just now, Mercurio said:

That’s a rule that clearly needs to be changed. 

i kind of agree, but then again it will be much easier to manipulate those streams etc. 

It will always be flawed, but Tidal getting away with obvious **** and other bigger companies playing by the rules is obviously problematic. 

Just now, Mariano said:

i kind of agree, but then again it will be much easier to manipulate those streams etc. 

It will always be flawed, but Tidal getting away with obvious **** and other bigger companies playing by the rules is obviously problematic. 

Then they should count a certain percentage of streams from all streaming companies.

Tidal shouldn’t be getting away with these free streams. 

11 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

I mean, that's what they keep telling us, right. It's all about "consumption" and now it's all about revenue. :lmao: My, my, my...

Not really. You can't count radio streams, songs that are being paid to be put on there, and say it's based on consumption. If a consumer has no choice but to listen to it, it shouldn't count towards a consumption chart. But at the same time, if they're just talking about biggest songs in America atm, there shouldn't be a price floor. All of ANTI's free copies should be counted, for example.

It's a chart that's quickly losing relevance. A #1 single now isn't as big a deal as it was 10, or even 5 years ago.

HDD has been trying to take out billboard for ages now :deadbanana3: & they even come after Nielsen mess

Billboard messed up since they added streams to BB 200. That was just plain wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.