HDD: Tidal manipulating chart for Meek Mill; 3rd time.

iHype.

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

You can. A notification may pop up saying they're 30 second teasers and you need to register, but exit it out and you can play the entire full song.

A deal would be no different than the Samsung deal for free sales which didn't count for Billboard. So either way, the streams shouldn't be counted.

Just tried and it played in full :rip:

welp they are wrong for this 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• Kassi

• Blue Rose

• alexanderao

Just now, stronger23 said:

Who gives a **** . This doesn't benefit me either way . I still gotta do my 8 hour shift tonight .

I agrih

Just now, Artemisia said:

I can't play anything 

Yes you can. If a notification pops up you can exit and the entire album literally plays.

Just now, iHype. said:

If the Samsung deal didn't count then why should this one count? :rip:

And unless you saw Meek's bank account you can't assume he got paid. We know for CERTAIN though, there is no money being generated from these streams so they are free goods like Samsung sales.

Because they are rules to prohibited from counting.

Until labels and Billboard make new rules that prevent these streams to count, then it's not cheating. This is not rocket science.

Just now, iHype. said:

Yes you can. If a notification pops up you can exit and the entire album literally plays.

Oh

im on mobile let me try again 

But like what's the real problem though? Streaming is a vastly different type of digital climate from individual sales. what matters the most for streaming is, well, to be streamed. the more it's being listened to, the more it's popular. sure the threat of bots spamming streams is real, but are you saying that my stream isn't valid just because i don't feel like paying umpteenth dollars for a Tidal subscription? like Tidal needs to be discontinued, but this is not one of the reasons why. this is actually kinda cool they do this for some of the artists they make deals with.

essentially, this is on par with labels putting songs at 69 cents on iTunes for cheap attempts at pushing a song up the digital charts (now THAT is a dirty business practice. it should say something that nobody wanted your song when it was at its normal price, it only makes sense to discount it if it's doing well on streaming and radio enough to justify that maybe people might actually buy it if it were more affordable.). only except this time, there's no pricetag on something where there being a pricetag would miss the whole point of the medium - being freely accessible and people giving it streams because people actually like it.

22 minutes ago, umich said:

Jay Z needs to STOP.

2z5mxic.jpg

Tidal strikes again :lmao:

We don't need to wait til Billboard reports the result, we already know it now :skull:

ATRL will be on board with this as soon as one of their faves does it. 

They better hurry before it becomes prohibited :ahh: 

1 minute ago, Superpower said:

Because they are rules to prohibited from counting.

Until labels and Billboard make new rules that prevent these streams to count, then it's not cheating. This is not rocket science.

It's not cheating since it's allowed now, but it's obviously a loophole and allowing manipulation. I don't really understand why this doesn't register with you, but you can run to make threads on Spotify paying fake people and be disgusted. :rip:

Just now, iHype. said:

It's not cheating since it's allowed now, but it's obviously a loophole and allowing manipulation. I don't really understand why this doesn't register with you, but you can run to make threads on Spotify paying fake people and be disgusted. :rip:

Justice for Jenny Duncan :cries: 

9 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

The article says that the streams are free goods. 

Hmm. Not really. It just says that the songs generate "no revenue" which is vague in the context of the streaming model. 

Just because they're in front of a paywall doesn't mean that the streams themselves aren't getting charged toward Tidal. They may just not generate any revenue FOR Tidal. 

Language and specifics matters when you're potentially accusing Tidal of doing something Spotify and Apple Music already take advantage of in alternative ways. :gaycat2:

Lana should just just casually buy 5k physical CDs to secure #01. :ahh:

Just now, iHype. said:

You must've missed the part where I told you that I agreed this was unconventional and that they need a new system in place :rip: 

But hey, keep your Tidal alerts on. HDD will write another article about them in few hours

34 minutes ago, SebaMonster said:

People are still streaming it, so when it comes to popularity it's still fair.

If Meek goes #1 it's because he had the most popular album.

No, he's not. TIDAL is a lie. Admit it. 

30 minutes ago, iHype. said:

They're saying streams like this:

https://listen.tidal.com/album/76384491

Where you don't even need an account, you just go on the page and click play shouldn't count. It's basically like YouTube streams and can easily be faked with bots going to the page.

Nothing like that has ever been done on Apple Music & Spotify, where an account wasn't needed and you could stream an entire album free without an account by visiting a page. They don't even get any revenue from it. It's done for the sole purpose to inflate streams and cheat the chart, hence the only 2 times it's been done is during DJ Khaled & Meek Mill's album release weeks where they were projected in a close race for #1.

When I go to play this, it says I need to "Activate Tidal" to play? :celestial5:

Just now, Communion said:

When I go to play this, it says I need to "Activate Tidal" to play? :celestial5:

Exit the notification, and the entire album plays.

Is Tidal paying out the money to Meek's label? 

If they aren't then I can see the issue. If they are, then I don't see how it's any different from a stream made under a free trial. 

10 minutes ago, Superpower said:

But I agree that it's very unconventional and there should be a system in place for Streaming, just like for Downloads. But until then, this is legal and I can't blame artists for taking advantage of it, the same way Katy took advantage of the touring bundle. Some called it cheating but it's a perfectly legal tool.

@iHype.

1 minute ago, Dark Poet said:

Lana should just just casually buy 5k physical CDs to secure #01. :ahh:

She would need to make 5,000 separate transactions because they would only count one on 1 receipt :rip: 

Just now, iHype. said:

Exit the notification, and the entire album plays.

I did. Tried to play. Got this:

QVb0FCz.png

Not signed in. 

Just now, Artemisia said:

If they aren't then I can see the issue. If they are, then I don't see how it's any different from a stream made under a free trial. 

They obviously are. No label would invest in their artists, producers and recording sessions, just to give the album without any compensation.

Just now, Communion said:

I did. Tried to play. Got this:

QVb0FCz.png

Not signed in. 

Yes, exit that and the entire album plays. 

1 minute ago, Artemisia said:

HDD said they're not generating revenue for TIDAL or Meek. They're streams that are not counted in the pay wall. 

Tidal has always been about cheating or lying about their numbers to try and make chosen singers look bigger

9v3HMlp.gif

1 minute ago, Artemisia said:

This is the real and only question tbh.

Someone email HDD and get the tea. Cause without this piece of information, this speculation is out of pocket. HDD has lied on Tidal before. :gaycat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.