US: Females with most 1M+ songs

P!nkInside

3 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Kelly has also A Moment Like This / Before You Love (double A-side single), which is be around 1.1M

It hasn't sold 1m digitally; this thread only counts digital sales. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P!nkInside

• simmnfierzig

• DELE2125

• Ash12345

1 hour ago, ronelmaano13 said:

The list is for songs that sold 1 million + in the US. Saying Taylor Swift doesn't have a classic in the US when you are not living there invalidates your opinion. Stop being delusional. 

Well I live in the US and when I think about ACTUAL classics most songs in the last 10 years wouldn't be considered a classic yet. 

Also there is difference between a general classic and a classic for the artists career. 

For example, me myself and I & lucky are considered classics in Beyonce's and Britney's discographies. 

However I wouldn't call them a classic for the GP because they are not as remembered by the GP and they don't receive as much replay as other songs during the same time (CIL, BOMT) which are usually certified classics. 

Love story will probably become Taylor's first classic but ita not there. (Not enough time has passed). However it is a classic in her discography if you get what I'm saying. 

OT: Congrats RIH

Edited by Actorguy21

Let's not put Taylor ahead of Adele, okay? Because Adele's TALENT alone >>> Taylor's sales/royalty and acclaim. Thanks.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:23 PM, Erreur2 La Nature said:

This is so weird to watch this list and realize Taylor Swift who is easily number one doesn't have ANY classic for example, when Beyoncé, Britney, Gaga, Adele etc are all far behind but way more successful and actually have classics. I mean, congrats to Taylor for that but... it makes you understand all of these lists don't mean anything, it's just a number.

thats what happens when a whole generation of teenage girls are given iTunes gift cards every Christmas and birthday 

3 minutes ago, P!nkInside said:

It hasn't sold 1m digitally; this thread only counts digital sales. 

What kind of discrimination :shakeno:

:eli:

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Critics are not eligible to vote on Grammys :celestial5:

We were talking success. Earning money is a big part of being successful imo. 

Adele changed the whole pop landscape? Wow. Impressive :clap3:Only a legend :clap3: Slay :clap3:

Let me ask you. If we put Adele's success as a 10 on a scale of 1-10, where would you put Taylor? 

Around 8. She's a pretty successful popstar and has solidified her status in the music industry. There is no denying of that. But she's just not on Adele's level. But still, kudos to Taylor, she has earned her success with her songwriting talent, which is actually amazing.

1 minute ago, Actorguy21 said:

Well I live in the US and when I think about ACTUAL classics most songs in the last 10 years wouldn't be considered a classic yet. 

Also there is difference between a general classic and a classic for the artists career. 

For example, me myself and I & lucky are considered classics in Beyonce's and Britney's discographies. 

However I wouldn't call them a classic for the GP because they are not as remembered by the GP and they don't receive as much replay as other songs during the same time (CIL, BOMT) which are usually certified classics. 

Love story will probably become Taylor's first classic but ita not there. (Not enough time has passed). However it is a classic in her discography if you get what I'm saying. 

And this thread is not even about what is a classic or not. It's about songs that sold 1 million + copies. And what constitute a classic anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

Let's not put Taylor ahead of Adele, okay? Because Adele's TALENT alone >>> Taylor's sales/royalty and acclaim. Thanks.

Pretty much this.

And why are Adele fans trying to invalidate Taylor's achievement in this thread. We get it, Adele outsells everyone, but don't undermine Taylor's success. This thread is about songs that sold 1 million + copies. Stay on topic. 

2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Around 8. She's a pretty successful popstar and has solidified her status in the music industry. There is no denying of that. But she's just not on Adele's level. But still, kudos to Taylor, she has earned her success with her songwriting talent, which is actually amazing.

Can't take anyone who says anything below 9.5 seriously. Sorry :devil:

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Can't take anyone who says anything below 9.5 seriously. Sorry :devil:

Ok, you're entitled to your wrong opinion, I guess. :celestial5:

STOP FIGHTING. TAKE IT TO BASE WHERE IT BELONGS.

14 minutes ago, ronelmaano13 said:

And this thread is not even about what is a classic or not. It's about songs that sold 1 million + copies. And what constitute a classic anyway? 

I don't honestly have an exact definition. 

The closest I could get to would be a song that is older than 10 years and is still very much loved by the GP. Has nice recurrent replay and people cite it as definitive moment in an artists career. 

For Example

IWALY

MHWGO

Wannabe

Billie Jean

BOMT

UMH

Lose yourself

Crazy in love

Say my name

Fallin

Beautiful

AIWFCIY

ABMB

I would never say songs like 

WFL

LS

ROTD

Bad Romance

RTW

Only girl 

Firework

Would be considered classics just yet. They arent old enough. They are very popular just not classics. 

OT: wow at Taylor having so many songs. Congrats Swift!

Edited by Actorguy21

12 minutes ago, P!nkInside said:

STOP FIGHTING. TAKE IT TO BASE WHERE IT BELONGS.

Why don't you like fighting :'(

Not sure what you could really say 100% on topic here. :celestial5:

Well I could say that you have Demi listed at #14 and #19 in the op, but I really don't care tbh...

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Love Story is famous in a lot of countries.

And there are 0 songs in the history of music that are known by everyone. Exactly 0.

Well, Happy Birthday is the one song that I can think of that everyone knows.

2 hours ago, ronelmaano13 said:

This list is for the US, so? Love Story, her first crossover hit, is a classic. You Belong With Me is also a classic. Shake It Off, and Blank Space will surely be classics. 22 to some extent is a birthday classic. 

Well, yes but some people here are pretending these are WW classics and they are not. 

This must be for the digital era, because Madonna and Mariah have more than a handful

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I'm pretty sure Billboard said Rihanna has 31 Top 10 hits/14 #1s and those include her features.

I'm also pretty sure Soundscan published a list of Rihanna's best selling songs in the US and that list included LTWYL, The Monster, Run This Town, LYL. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6605708/ask-billboard-rihannas-best-selling-songs-albums

e5fql4.gif

Yes but when they count total sales they don't include features.  It's like how they include DC in beyonce's biggest BB hits.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5657799/ask-billboard-whos-sold-more-katy-perry-or-lady-gaga

12 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Yes but when they count total sales they don't include features.  It's like how they include DC in beyonce's biggest BB hits.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5657799/ask-billboard-whos-sold-more-katy-perry-or-lady-gaga

Nope, I don't think Billboard has ever said that Beyoncé has 10 #1s.

Plus this thread isn't about total sales.

12.  Work Bitch – 1m

A hit.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Nope, I don't think Billboard has ever said that Beyoncé has 10 #1s.

Plus this thread isn't about total sales.

Coz she doesn't???

But they do include DC in her biggest hits, but they don't include it in her total sales.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/467645/beyonces-30-biggest-billboard-hits

Just now, ThirdWardBey said:

She does. 

I thought it was 9 as an artist

10 as a songwriter?

ThirdWardBey
Just now, Ash12345 said:

I thought it was 9 as an artist

10 as a songwriter?

Yes, she’s credited as a songwriter on Nelly’s Grillz. 

Omg not a Taylor vs Adele feud again :rip:

So unnecessary. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.