Final: #1 Khaled 68k #2 Calvin 63k SPS

Duca

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Alonzo Harris said:

Nope! Thats why he didn't report the first week numbers. Jay Z is a fraud when it comes to album sales.

They will disregard the first week numbers as TIDAL will not report it. The 2nd week numbers will count iTunes and Apple Music streams....and Amazon Physicals

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Blue Rose

• Green

• umich

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

Full chart is out and Jay-Z isn't on it. I think Jay-Z's streams on TIDAL flopped / weren't enough for #1 and he decided not to submit them.

In UK it debuted at #32 on their Albums Streaming chart

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-streaming-chart/

Meaning they submitted data outside US. Since Jay-Z is obviously success hungry and only wants to look successful (buying Platinum plaques), he probably didn't want it to be pushed in tabloids the album failed to debut #1. He has 13 #1 albums, the most of any artist after Beatles, so him missing #1 would be notable.

He'll probably let the album chart this week since it's now on iTunes & Apple Music.

This conspiracy theory :rip:

6 minutes ago, Alonzo Harris said:

Jay Z is such a fraud he clearly has no shame. So they gonna count first and second week numbers combined!

You literally made this up out of thin air :deadbanana3: 

liberalmusiclover

I hope Calvin gets the #1. His album is :flame: 

Just now, Superpower said:

How is it a conspiracy theory? :rip: Just like me claiming Sprint would give him a Platinum plaque was I suppose.

If he's submitting numbers to UK and other countries, but purposely didn't submit any numbers to US then there's obviously reason. Why would an artist hide their numbers? Because they aren't brag-worthy.

Just because you stan Beyonce doesn't mean you have to defend him for anything :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, J-boy said:

They will disregard the first week numbers as TIDAL will not report it. The 2nd week numbers will count iTunes and Apple Music streams....and Amazon Physicals

Tidal will report the numbers next week. Jay's 1st week numbers will be suspect no doubt. 

11 minutes ago, Alonzo Harris said:

Tidal will not be reporting first week streams for Jay-Z's '4:44' (not eligible for this week's Billboard 200).

Jay Z is such a fraud he clearly has no shame. So they gonna count first and second week numbers combined!

Omg he is so desperate :biblio:

3 minutes ago, BarbFatale said:

Omg he is so desperate :biblio:

Its pretty sad if you ask me. I see 4:44 is at number 1 on itunes but i can tell you there is no way he can push more than 200.000 hard copies first week. I see only 600+ people rated the album on itunes which is a bad sign for sales. The number is too low.

Jay got his record label Roc Nation to buy loads of his albums. Everything is possible i guess.

Edited by Alonzo Harris

29 minutes ago, iHype. said:

How is it a conspiracy theory? :rip: Just like me claiming Sprint would give him a Platinum plaque was I suppose.

If he's submitting numbers to UK and other countries, but purposely didn't submit any numbers to US then there's obviously reason. Why would an artist hide their numbers? Because they aren't brag-worthy.

Just because you stan Beyonce doesn't mean you have to defend him for anything :deadbanana:

I drag Jay all the time but if you make something up, I'll react to it. You have no idea how many streams he got.

His album was pirated over 500K times in the US in 3 days. So there was obviously huge demand for it. If Beyoncé did over 100M streams in 5 days, Jay definitely did way more than that, especially with the big push he got from Sprint.

You have absolutely no idea why his streams weren't reported, you literally made a theory up :rip: 

If you want to drag him, do it with facts.

10 minutes ago, Superpower said:

I drag Jay all the time but if you make something up, I'll react to it. You have no idea how many streams he got.

His album was pirated over 500K times in the US in 3 days. So there was obviously huge demand for it. If Beyoncé did over 100M streams in 5 days, Jay definitely did way more than that, especially with the big push he got from Sprint.

You have absolutely no idea why his streams weren't reported, you literally made a theory up :rip: 

If you want to drag him, do it with facts.

No one is saying his album wasn't in huge demand, however that doesn't mean it got more streams than Beyonce.

Beyonce got that huge number because everyone could join TIDAL (even without a credit card) and listen to her album. 

Jay's album WAS NOT available to new users. Meaning only people who had accounts prior and the free trial hadn't run out or they were subscribers could stream it, and that's obviously a small fraction in comparison.

And Sprint only has a fraction of cell phone users. Not to mention on top of that, Sprint was literally giving the album away (1 million copies) for free to their users -- so why would they stream it when they could freely own it?

"If you make something up, I'll react to it". Well, I'd like to know how you think he'd get more streams than her when his album was available legally for free, new users couldn't listen to the album, and he didn't bother submitting the streams when they would put him at #1 and gain him double positive press (for going #1 solely off streams, and going Platinum the same week). Doesn't make sense and to me sounds completely made up.

47 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Ouch Calvin blocked both in the US and UK

Still a great performance for him here though. 60k for a dance act is hard to do

42 minutes ago, Superpower said:

You literally made this up out of thin air :deadbanana3: 

It sounds quite reasonable to me :michael:

Why would Tidal send numbers to other countries but not the US? Sounds shady to me.

@iHype.

The day before 4:44 dropped, HDD wrote Tidal got a huge boost in new subscribers from Sprint who have 60M users.

And the album was available for streaming to the 60M Sprint users. It just wasn't available to the new subscribers who aren't with Sprint. 

Like I said, we don't know the numbers so there's no need to argue over fiction. And lastly since you said I only defend him because of Bey, the same goes to you. You don't have to try to drag him just because he's beefing with Drake. 

13 minutes ago, Superpower said:

@iHype.

The day before 4:44 dropped, HDD wrote Tidal got a huge boost in new subscribers from Sprint who have 60M users.

And the album was available for streaming to the 60M Sprint users. It just wasn't available to the new subscribers who aren't with Sprint. 

Like I said, we don't know the numbers so there's no need to argue over fiction. And lastly since you said I only defend him because of Bey, the same goes to you. You don't have to try to drag him just because he's beefing with Drake. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307235

This is an article HDD posted the day before 4:44 dropped and it said the album is getting a huge push by Sprint, but nothing on a huge boost in new subscribers. 

If someone is hiding an album from charting specifically in US, then that usually doesn't mean it's breaking records. :michael:

What would he have needed for a #1 in the US? 57m got Chance 38k. It is shady tho.

6 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

Maybe because thats the official chats and HDD isn't. They'll probably report the numbers to Billboard on Sunday too.

Billboard has already stated that they won't be reporting numbers at all. It isn't in battle for #1 as if streams were expected.

the desperation, delusion & hysterics on this page...lmaoo

Edited by giRLbye.

Hmm, so Stone Sour would have the 3rd #1 seller under 35k. After the slightly-below-30k pair of Descendants soundtrack and La La Land soundtrack.

SZA's album is doing so well I'm impressed. 

So happy for Stone Sour. A great album.

Was hoping Calvin could snatch that #1 with Jay-Z not reporting, but oh well, congrats to Khaled again :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.