Is Brat one of the best pop eras of all time?

Just a Gay on ATRL

IDC about numbers in this conversation.

The album rollout, the album itself, the remix album and rollout, the virality and amount of gag-worthy moments and collaborations. There are few moments a pop era has surprised me as much as this one and I feel like it will leave a massive impact on pop for years to come. Is the thread title correct?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PerfectCure

• Orsay

• RatGod

• DiabeticGrandpa

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a brat era ? 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

Just now, CherryBay said:

There is a brat era ? 

spacer.png

Ask Obama about it 

2 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

There is a brat era ? 

spacer.png

Ask Obama about it

It reached people beyond her fanbase but didn't extend much beyond the internet. It's hard to explain... yes, it was huge, but you'd have to be online a lot to really notice the level of promotion it received.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Stan Twitter has rotted our brains 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean is not even the best pop era of 2024 let alone of all time. 

some random celebrities using for a clout or using green background isn't making it the best in anything. I fear.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Guys you need to touch grass 

• Like 3

Probably the best in recent history. People love to say that "it's just a twitter thing" or "it never left the internet" when it's not true. As someone above me said, ask Obama.

Everything just went right this era, the music was good, people connected with it instantly. Charli also helped keep it interesting, the boiler room sets caught a lot of people's attention and made people want more. Idk if im putting it into the right words, but it feels like the first organic hit era in a long time.

Also feels refreshing in an era where artists really only make an era last a week or two, or do sporadic things over 6 months but disappear otherwise for an artist to properly promote the album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

no

4 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

I mean is not even the best pop era of 2024 let alone of all time. 

some random celebrities using for a clout or using green background isn't making it the best in anything. I fear.

name a better pop era in the year 2024 and explain why. I can't really think of any other contenders for a real era. TTPD came and went (with regards to the actual "era" unless you count the 3 months of twice-weekly remix drops), CC was abandoned after 24 hours, RO was also abandoned, Eternal Sunshine is maybe up there, but she really disappears for months at a time before doing a couple things to keep the era alive.

• Thanks 2

It's definitely one of the best pop eras of the 2020s all around. Charli won. Haters will continue to **** on her but she won over the critics and everything, it's undeniable 

I will say though, using superlatives like "of all time" is always a dumb idea and kinda makes me think this is a set-up thread by someone wanting to see Charli dragged

Edited by Orsay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

I mean is not even the best pop era of 2024

Of course it is. :confused:

• Like 1

Charlie releasing acclaimed music, outpeaking herself and getting success in the meantime definitely it's a proof of this.

• Like 3

Definitely among the best of the decade so far, although a certain pressed fandom refuses to accept that. Brat is a prime example of an innovative, dynamic era that has continued to adapt to changing circumstances throughout its rollout and managed to make an impact in environments and contexts way beyond its own target group.

• Thanks 1

yes.

quality of the album is outstanding, she's pulling numbers (HIFN debuted at #111 and charted for 1 week meanwhile brat is still charting in top 20 in its 20th week), it's the most impactful pop album of this year, remixes are great and gag worthy  (lorde in a song about lorde is my fav :mazen:), marketing was brilliant and the list goes on...

• Like 2

For those interested in pop culture, yes. 

Probably not for the average person. 

Y'all are saying "Ask Obama" when he couldn't even pronounce the name of the song correctly. 

• Haha 3

Idk tbh… it's Def an interesting era but best? Def not. It feels like a very social media, somewhat meme-driven pop era that resonated heavily with a subset of online girls and gays but didn't have a far enough broad cultural reach. Chappell, billie, and Sabrina were bigger this year. There's a lot of smokes and mirrors about this era that makes it come across as overrated (especially by its biggest fans who aren't necessarily pre-brat Charli fans btw), which is a shame because the music and promo campaign is still pretty great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yes and it was also one of the best executed eras in a very long time

Absolutely yes, I blast this album at the gym every time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.