Pop Emergency: Madonna in London working with Stuart Price

.Odyssey.

She just posted that she's in the studio with Stuart Price. Get ready for the dark horse of pop to maket yet another musical comeback in 2025 and have her Believe moment :duca:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• .Odyssey.

• Big Bad Wolf

• SpaceOddity

• ArtForFreedom

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just know she has it in her to tap into her artistic instinct and deliver one more masterpiece, Madame X had some really stellar moments proving so. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait! She is going to deliver another masterpiece

OMG a reunion with Stuart?! yes!!!

Honestly, a Madonna comeback would be grand! I'm rooting for her :jonny5:

It's really been some time since Madam X... It's really time for a new album, fingers crossed it's good :jonny5:

Crazy was the best song on her last album so I hope it's more in the vein of that.

J9jhP70.gif

• Like 1

Love confessions but I fear it will be a compromised edition in terms of sound and her vocal delivery. 

Didn't Stuart produce the Celebration Tour already? 

Stuart Price, nice 

It was her last good album (The lyrics were terrible tho) 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, SpaceOddity said:

I just know she has it in her to tap into her artistic instinct and deliver one more masterpiece, Madame X had some really stellar moments proving so. 

Agreed. I feel like she knows this is her biggest shot at one more career musical highlight and she's not going to let it go to waste. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Odyssey. said:

Agreed. I feel like she knows this is her biggest shot at one more career musical highlight and she's not going to let it go to waste. 

Hopefully her ego doesn't get in her way and she's rid of her needy "how do you do fellow kids" corny ways and focuses on quality as opposed to getting a hit. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SpaceOddity said:

Hopefully her ego doesn't get in her way and she's rid of her needy "how do you do fellow kids" corny ways and focuses on quality as opposed to getting a hit. 

Agreed. My friend was saying the other day that her biggest mistake was not going into legacy mode after Confessions, and I said that, no, her biggest mistake was forgetting that she's Madonna and that her work always had a unique pop sound that didn't come off as chasing trends. She was doing what she wanted, when she wanted. When she started following trends and sounding like she was chasing charts, it ruined her musical brand and what made her cool.

Her lack of confidence in herself is the biggest reason for her decline on the charts. I truly believe if she'd just stayed innovative and working with edgy dance producers post-Confessions, she'd still be on the charts to this day. A lot of people seem to forget just how big she was still during the Confessions era. She had a ton of good will riding into Hard Candy that she ruined with chasing the Timbaland sound and coming off as dated for the first time ever in her career. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Odyssey. said:

Agreed. My friend was saying the other day that her biggest mistake was not going into legacy mode after Confessions, and I said that, no, her biggest mistake was forgetting that she's Madonna and that her work always had a unique pop sound that didn't come off as chasing trends. She was doing what she wanted, when she wanted. When she started following trends and sounding like she was chasing charts, it ruined her musical brand and what made her cool.

Her lack of confidence in herself is the biggest reason for her decline on the charts. I truly believe if she'd just stayed innovative and working with edgy dance producers post-Confessions, she'd still be on the charts to this day. A lot of people seem to forget just how big she was still during the Confessions era. She had a ton of good will riding into Hard Candy that she ruined with chasing the Timbaland sound and coming off as dated for the first time ever in her career. 

100%.

i think they're working on the celebration tour live album/recording tbh, i don't want to get me hopes up

• Like 1

This could genuinely be incredible if she plays her cards right.

I'll probably cop a lot flak for saying this, but if the music is good, I think what she really needs to do is embrace age-"appropriate" clothes.

I totally understand that's not her brand and it never has been. Pushing the envelope is her thing. She's Madonna. She breaks glass ceilings. It's what she does. If liberating female sexuality is part of her legacy, then liberating "elderly" female sexuality is the final frontier…

But like…it's not marketable and I think it's really having a negative effect on her brand. I hate the satin negligees that she wears on tour.

Everyone actually thinks it's so, so cool when an old lady has an eccentric, "kooky" style. 

I think 'Confessions 2' + a style that resembles Anna Dello Russo or Sarah Jessica Parker would be so sickening.

And I'm not saying she shouldn't do anything sexual or revealing ever again. Even Dolly wore a skin-coloured bodysuit and put on a DCC cheerleading uniform, and everyone was cheering for her and how good she looked. But it's not that all. The. Time.

It just feels like, in recent years, she's tried too hard to be young, and the GP look at her like she's a joke when she's a LEGEND.

I want to see her experiment with silhouettes and layers and volume… lots of avant-garde stuff.

Instead we get bustiers & stockings that make everyone cringe and make fun of her.

I want her to give us the "quirky, old, Manhattan fashionista that everyone loves" fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

THE NEWS EVERY FAN WANTS TO HEAR. Can't wait for this masterpiece.  :heart:

I just need Stuart to make sure she takes the grills out of her mouth when she's at the microphone :rip:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

This could genuinely be incredible if she plays her cards right.

I'll probably cop a lot flak for saying this, but if the music is good, I think what she really needs to do is embrace age-"appropriate" clothes.

I totally understand that's not her brand and it never has been. Pushing the envelope is her thing. She's Madonna. She breaks glass ceilings. It's what she does. If liberating female sexuality is part of her legacy, then liberating "elderly" female sexuality is the final frontier…

But like…it's not marketable and I think it's really having a negative effect on her brand. I hate the satin negligees that she wears on tour.

Everyone actually thinks it's so, so cool when an old lady has an eccentric, "kooky" style. 

I think 'Confessions 2' + a style that resembles Anna Dello Russo or Sarah Jessica Parker would be so sickening.

And I'm not saying she shouldn't do anything sexual or revealing ever again. Even Dolly wore a skin-coloured bodysuit and put on a DCC cheerleading uniform, and everyone was cheering for her and how good she looked. But it's not that all. The. Time.

It just feels like, in recent years, she's tried too hard to be young, and the GP look at her like she's a joke when she's a LEGEND.

I want to see her experiment with silhouettes and layers and volume… lots of avant-garde stuff.

Instead we get bustiers & stockings that make everyone cringe and make fun of her.

I want her to give us the "quirky, old, Manhattan fashionista that everyone loves" fantasy.

This is probably a piggyback unpopular opinion, but you're 100% right here.

It's been fascinating to see the revisionist history with Madonna, because I think a lot of Millennials and Gen Z forget just how cool she still was considered to be in the mid-00s. A lot of that had to do with how mature she came off in personality, style, and rhetoric while still putting out edgy, forward thinking pop music. 

Her recent appearances are promising. She looked incredible at the fashion show with Ice Spice. THAT'S what Madonna should be looking like when she's out and about, not the corsets she's busting out of and grillz with pigtails. She's MADONNA. 

It's not like this would be a major rebrand for her either. She was quite covered up during the Confessions era with the exception of the leotards. Look at her wardrobe on the Confessions Tour vs. on Celebration....she shows much more skin in her 60s than she ever did in her 40s. I understand why she does it, but it does get distracting at times.

Celebration in Rio really felt like the bookend to her music career. I don't think I've ever been as interested in seeing where she goes next as I am right now...imagine she actually has another smash era (realizing expectations need to be realistic) in her late 60s? Only Madonna could do that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Can this ***** just croak already?

Wtf, reported. This is disgusting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

It all had to do with leaving Warner, suddenly she became no ones priority overnight. Hard Candy was her last great record.

30 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Didn't Stuart produce the Celebration Tour already? 

The Vogue remix with Erotica's Up Down Suite and Kevin Prodigy was pretty close to the brilliance of Confessions. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.