• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

1 hour ago, Troll Idle said:

Everyone expecting crazy pop bangers

The snippets and aesthetics made me believe she'd go for a kind of alt / indie / soft-rock sound

I just really can't stand skibidi boop beep bap jazz 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

gaga's greatest talent is the diversity in vocal styles that she can pull off

and this album is the most superior example of that

this will be a classic y'all watch

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love World On A String, The Joker & Happy Mistake. That's definitely the trinity here. Oh, When The Saints, Folie à Deux & Close To You are nice too. 

Feel a little mislead, but not disappointed since this was a quick lil gift & I don't know most of the songs. But in saying that, if I didn't know Gaga's voice & this was her project- I wouldn't know you weren't playing me an old song. Like only the first songs I mentioned have the "interesting, updated" production imo. But Gaga sounds too good sometimes it's unreal. 

Edited by sha-nasty
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, UrMom said:

Where ya'll listening to this?

I love jazz, but tbh her screaming on the first two jazz albums traumatized me, so I'm scared

well she belts way more in this album, so.... 

Her voice sounds INCREDIBLE and I'm only finished with the first track :jonny5:

Edit: on Get Happy and her voice is even BETTER??? HOW???

Edited by Archetype

I think The Joker was the right pick for the single/music video. It's definitely one of the highlights, along with Happy Mistake and That's Life for me

14 hours ago, Zaram said:

But she should be. We better not waste those 2 billion extra streams :eli:

For what? It's not considered a prestige thing to do to add a last-minute stand-alone single just because it was a smash. It looks desperate, doesn't fit on the album at all and will only give more ammo for the haters if the album is even remotely successful. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

Just now, RideOrDie said:

already forgot about this I'm ready to become a Notorious Being

nqYSIgR.gif

is that the confirmed lead?

nqYSIgR.gif

17 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Her voice sounds INCREDIBLE and I'm only finished with the first track :jonny5:

Edit: on Get Happy and her voice is even BETTER??? HOW???

Ok, Archetype. We gon' need you to give us a little review when you're done :jonny5:

I haven't listen to the full album yet and honestly not very excited by a conventional cover album, but Happy Mistake is a good ballad with a joyful 90s taste that while is not as good as Shallow or DWAS, is a HUGE improvement over Hold my Hand. HUGE.

This album features her best VOCALS. PERIOD! She does almost everything here. It's like she combined all of her singing techniques throughout her career, put them here and took them to the next level. You can find all sorts of singing techniques in this album.

The most impressive one is how she jumps from 1 octave to the higher octave in 2 consecutive notes and still maintains power in the ending of the Disney Folie a Deux song. That's hard. Try to listen to that part (at around 2:34 to 2:46 in Folie a Deux) again and try to mimick her, I bet you will fail cuz that's one of the hardest singing techniques ever. She did that once before in Dope but this time it's even much harder, this time it requires even a better technique at jumping octaves.

Usually your vocal chords needs a warm up (or a vocal stairs) to go from a low note to a much higher note (this time the higher note belongs to a higher octave), but this technique means you have to jump RIGHT AWAY. Poor technique will make you lose the power or resonance of the latter note.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Edonis said:

I think the aesthetics match the meaning behind the record. The idea that jazz music and traditional pop has to be tied to maudlin black and white shoots and ballgowns is a big misconception I see pushed in the fan base. Even if the music has an "old-fashioned" feel to it, it's nice to see more modernized imagery paired with it. 

Perfect contrast. :heart:

• Like 1

I liked this way more than I was expecting but Happy Mistake is so good it just made me want more originals from her instead of covers

• Thanks 1

Which song is the "Still Not October" song? Is it rock or is it misleading in the teaser?

As others are saying, this album is by far her most vocally impressive.  It feels much more organic and less-staged than her prior jazz records.  Yes, it is mostly a jazz record, but with a lot of attitude and kick considering this was done on her own terms.  There are maybe only one or two songs that are sort of (as covers) not something I'm interested in, but she does a phenomenal job regardless.  It's hard for me to pick which song I like the most, but I think anyone who was a fan of C2C is going to really enjoy this

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.