Most annoying celebrities you can think of?

Strawberry Bubble

I'd have to say Chappell Roan—she's the perfect definition of 'first world problems' and proof that not everyone has the ambition, courage or discipline to make it as a big singer. Who comes to mind for you?

Edited by Strawberry Bubble
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strawberry Bubble

• swissman

• Sazare

• Bitter Aging Twink

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely think I would beat the **** out of James Corden if I ever saw him in real life, and I don't think I would have any control over it happening.

He just has the most punchable face. Even thinking about him, I'm biting down on my bottom lip and the inside of my cheeks in a fit of rage.

I f***ing hate that smarmy, pompous, chubby little f**k, and I don't even know why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Ariana Grande tbh. honestly i just ignore her now tbh but she used to make my ass ITCH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

I'd have to say Chappell Roan—she's the perfect definition of 'first world problems' and proof that not everyone has the ambition or discipline to make it as a big singer. Who comes to mind for you?

I don't even like Chappell as either a musician or a pop star but I don't see why people have so much empathy for someone like Britney and then find it hard to understand why Chappell might also be buckling under the weight of newfound and extremely meteoric rise fame, not to mention a newly rigorous touring/promotional schedule

She's probably not even fully media trained; remember how much everyone hated Lorde when she debuted because she actually spoke candidly

Edited by Sazare
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Ellen Degeneres has annoyed me for YEARS. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sazare said:

I don't even like Chappell as either a musician or a pop star but I don't see why people have so much empathy for someone like Britney and then find it hard to understand why Chappell might also be buckling under the weight of newfound and extremely meteoric fame, not to mention a newly rigorous touring promotional schedule

She's probably not even media trained; remember how much everyone hated Lorde when she debuted because she actually spoke candidly

Because she is a walking contradiction: she's constantly rattling off her disdain for fame, yet canceled a little show for a VMA performance (which had WAY more exposure).

She says she doesn't want attention, but she's constantly doing interviews. We all know people like that in real life. Real people who don't want fame just stay behind the scenes and go quiet—they avoid press and stop putting out music. 

Plus, Britney's stalking problem was the same thing Chappell is suffering, but multiplied by 1000. Britney was 1000 times more famous in a time without paparazzi regulations, and her meltdown was very public. That's why people empathize more with her

Edited by Strawberry Bubble
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I once tried to watch a SZA interview and its so annoying to listen to her speak. She basically always concludes everything she says with some sort of self-pity

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Taylor, Ariana, and Gaga when she's promoting a movie are to be avoided at all costs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sazare said:

I don't even like Chappell as either a musician or a pop star but I don't see why people have so much empathy for someone like Britney and then find it hard to understand why Chappell might also be buckling under the weight of newfound and extremely meteoric fame, not to mention a newly rigorous touring promotional schedule

She's probably not even media trained; remember how much everyone hated Lorde when she debuted because she actually spoke candidly

We have empathy for Britney because she was SIXTEEN when she unknowingly signed her life away to a horrible contract during the pre-internet era, where no one had access to the knowledge we do now in a post-Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun world.  Chappell, in her own words, signed "the best record contract in the world," meaning she can do whatever the hell she wants.  She owns her masters, can choose whether to perform or not, and she's a motherf**king TWENTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD WOMAN who knew exactly what she was getting herself into.  Your comparison is offensive to Britney.

Edited by Bitter Aging Twink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Jimmy Fallon comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Christine Aguilera...

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

We have empathy for Britney because she was SIXTEEN when she unknowingly signed her life away to a horrible contract during the pre-internet era, where no one had access to the knowledge we do now in a post-Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun world.  Chappell, in her own words, signed "the best record contract in the world," meaning she can do whatever the hell she wants.  She owns her masters, can choose whether to perform or not, and she's a motherf**king TWENTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD WOMAN who knew exactly what she was getting herself into.  Your comparison is offensive to Britney.

Spare me the grandstanding and feigned outrage girl :rip: We can all tell you're desperate for those like reacts :rip:

Dealing with stalkers, paparazzi, and exhaustion doesn't suddenly become easy when you're in your 20s, especially if you're not already prepared for it (as Chappell seemingly wasn't, given how she basically blew up overnight). But I suppose next you'll argue that Princess Diana should've just toughed out being chased to her death by the paparazzi just because she was the ripe "motherfucking" age of 36

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Katy Perry, Kim Petras, Reneé Rapp, James Corden, Ellen DeGeneres, Tiffany Haddish, Liza Koshy, Bella Ramsey, Justin Bieber, Hailey Bieber, Melissa Barrera. 

Edited by YourFavoriteWeapon

my first thought was James Charles if he counts as a celeb

3 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

Reneé Rapp, Tiffany Haddish

i would have upvoted you if you hadnt included these two

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Vixen Eyes said:

my first thought was James Charles if he counts as a celeb

i would have upvoted you if you hadnt included these two

Girl Tiffany is a full on bully and got arrested for a DUI :rip: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

She says she doesn't want attention, but she's constantly doing interviews.

Doing scheduled interviews is not the same thing as being dogged by fans and camerapeople out on the street :rip: 

Chappell shouldn't have to have a public meltdown before you'll be willing to empathize with her and what she's understandably struggling with.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

Girl Tiffany is a full on bully and got arrested for a DUI :rip: 

tiff is annoying because of a dui?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Doing scheduled interviews is not the same thing as being dogged by fans and camerapeople out on the street :rip: 

Chappell shouldn't have to have a public meltdown before you'll be willing to empathize with her and what she's understandably struggling with.

exactly, like imagine if Brit never had the 2007 breakdown, Free Britney might not have happened

30 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Spare me the grandstanding and feigned outrage girl :rip: We can all tell you're desperate for those like reacts :rip:

Dealing with stalkers, paparazzi, and exhaustion doesn't suddenly become easy when you're in your 20s, especially if you're not already prepared for it (as Chappell seemingly wasn't, given how she basically blew up overnight). But I suppose next you'll argue that Princess Diana should've just toughed out being chased to her death by the paparazzi just because she was the ripe "motherfucking" age of 36

Well duh, this is ATRL.  Of course I am desperate for likes and reacts. Why else are we here? And you are literally giving me everything I want: engagement and to piss people off.

Anyway, OT: My point wasn't about stalkers, paparazzi, and exhaustion being difficult to deal with.  My point was about your nonsensical comparison between Britney and Chappell's experiences of fame.  Chappell is a grown-a$$ woman who has all her rights intact (and arguably more rights than most people, being a privileged, wealthy white woman with access to every resource in the world).  Britney, on the other hand, had all her rights stripped away from her and was put under a court-ordered conservatorship which prevented her from even accessing her own bank account. She was constantly threatened by her conservators to have her children taken away from her if she didn't perform and do interviews.  Chappell, on the other hand, supposedly has "the best recording contract in the world" that affords her the privilege to work as much as she pleases, yet every single news headline from her is a complaint about how much she hates her own success and wishes she wasn't famous, hates having to engage with fans, etc.  That's fine and dandy if she feels that way.  She has the right to hate her own fame.  But what she doesn't have the right to do is to go onto book a million high-profile performances like SNL, the VMAs, etc., especially after claiming she has the "best contract" that was specifically designed to afford her maximum creative control.  She basically has more privilege right now than 99% of American women her age who have to work 10 hours a day at sh!tty jobs they hate, just to get by.  So, yeah, when you say s**t like this it is offensive:

2 hours ago, Sazare said:

I don't see why people have so much empathy for someone like Britney

It's like comparing apples to orange.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

Because she is a walking contradiction: she's constantly rattling off her disdain for fame, yet canceled a little show for a VMA performance (which had WAY more exposure).

She says she doesn't want attention, but she's constantly doing interviews. We all know people like that in real life. Real people who don't want fame just stay behind the scenes and go quiet—they avoid press and stop putting out music. 

Plus, Britney's stalking problem was the same thing Chappell is suffering, but multiplied by 1000. Britney was 1000 times more famous in a time without paparazzi regulations, and her meltdown was very public. That's why people empathize more with her

You seem to think that fame and all the terrible parts of it go hand-in-hand and cannot ever change. Chappell seems to think that by discussing it so frequently and at the start of her career, she might be able to change it.

If this annoys you, then so be it, but I can't find a single annoying thing about her standing up for herself even if she does want the notoriety and wide-reaching benefits of being a celebrity, like performing at the VMAs.

I don't think it's a contradiction to not want to be stalked yet also want to perform at an awards ceremony you've watched since you were a kid.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.