Update: Joker 2 is tracking to open with 55M+

Lil' Oz

3 hours ago, Jay07 said:

it was an ill conceived idea that completely misjudged its audience from the very beginning has to be the most insane copium I've ever seen on this board. The origin story of Joker was finished so there was no need for this film

I think we're also forgetting the DCEU's brand has been in the gutter. There's also fatigue over Superhero/adjacent films )with obvious exceptions like Deadpool + Wolverine are one-offs).

WB-Discovery made the same mistake in thinking a sequel to a successful DC film (like WW2 with WW), would do numbers but it didn't. 

• Like 1

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Assassin

• 4th Time Around

• Doctor Dick

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Nobody goes into theaters with "this actor is in % of this movie" in mind. :rip: 

It's bombing bc it's a musical and ain't nobody like those. 

Nobody is talking about the fact that the ending of the movie was already spoiled in the press and it's pissed off the MEGA fans of the first movie so much that they're refusing to see this film 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Where were Beyoncé's when The Gift was released? 

Whole re-release and a WHOLE DISNEY-BACKED film with ONE WHOLE YEAR of international production too!

:deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Charmed Life said:

:clap3: MTE. They're trying to blame Joaquin and Todd, but both were attached to the first movie. :rip:

So the first movie was also not a hit because of Joaquin and Todd since audiences aren't flocking to see them again? Or is it all just Gaga's fault?

It's funny because a year ago whenever Monsters brought up this movie it was "lol, Joker 2 has nothing to do with Gaga's star power" but now it's "Joker 2 is failing because of Gaga's lack of star power" :deadbanana2: 

Edited by Doctor Dick

1 minute ago, kudmips7890 said:

I think we're also forgetting the DCEU's brand has been in the gutter. There's also fatigue over Superhero/adjacent films )with obvious exceptions like Deadpool + Wolverine are one-offs).

WB-Discovery made the same mistake in thinking a sequel to a successful DC film (like WW2 with WW), would do numbers but it didn't. 

WW2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle, The Suicide Squad, Shazam 2, Black Adam… it's been a string of disasters for DC. The hope Joker 2 has atp is the fact that it has a ceiling of like 500m which would break even, and unlike any of the other films listed will likely get awards recognition in craft categories and maybe acting awards. I'm more so confused at the reported budget of 200m (50m went to Phillips, Phoenix and Gaga) the movie does not look like it had a production budget of 150 million, especially compared to a movie like Barbie that was a lot cheaper. They're banking on  Superman and the revived Batman trilogy but it's not looking great considering how big the plans are. 

Black Adam - $67M

Indiana Jones 5 - $60M 

Joker FAD - $55M

The Flash - $55M

Shazam - $53M

The Marvels - $46M

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Doctor Dick said:

So the first movie was also not a hit because of Joaquin and Todd since they're audiences aren't flocking to see them again? Or is it all just Gaga's fault?

It's funny because a year ago whenever Monsters brought up this movie it was "lol, Joker 2 has nothing to do with Gaga's star power" but now it's "Joker 2 is failing because of Gaga's lack of star power" :deadbanana2: 

If only there was a way to determine what factors had changed from the hit first movie to this underperforming sequel? 

spacer.png

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

If only there was a way to determine what factors had changed from the hit first movie to this underperforming sequel? 

spacer.png

Well, judging by the outrage it's the shift in genre. 

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

I'm more so confused at the reported budget of 200m (50m went to Phillips, Phoenix and Gaga) the movie does not look like it had a production budget of 150 million

Same. Original on the high-end was like 70M and Joaquin only got around 5M. That's 65M leftover. With inflation, I can see that skyrocketing a bit to something like 80M but that only caps out to 130M for a budget. Maybe some of the sets and SFX this time were more expensive?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Black Adam - $67M

Indiana Jones 5 - $60M 

Joker FAD - $55M

The Flash - $55M

Shazam - $53M

The Marvels - $46M

spacer.png

I don't understand why the comparisons are those movies aside from it being a comic book movie though. And I mean in opening weekend estimates etc. Joker 2 could very well be a good movie overall that caters to lovers of musicals and drama and their audiences don't flock to theatres on opening weekend but rather give such movies legs. I don't know, how do we know Joker 2 won't perform better than those aforementioned movies and has better legs because of the audience it caters to? Which is obviously not comic book fans anymore. 

16 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Black Adam - $67M

Indiana Jones 5 - $60M 

Joker FAD - $55M

The Flash - $55M

Shazam - $53M

The Marvels - $46M

spacer.png

:biblionny:

I'm speechless.mp3

• Haha 4

It seems like locals have spoke up and confirmed they are not seeing the movie because of Lady Gaga s:wan:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 2

18 minutes ago, brutal said:

It seems like locals have spoke up and confirmed they are not seeing the movie because of Lady Gaga s:wan:

maybe if they knew she's only in the movie for only 50mins now then maybe they'll want to watch it?

a reverse warholian or whatever they call it

TVrCRZr.gif

• Haha 2

Omg the 10 mile Twitter posts @kudmips7890

Also, I think people like Gaga, but she wasn't the right fit for this movie and that's okay. It was just a dumb idea to make it a musical lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Omg the 10 mile Twitter posts @kudmips7890

Also, I think people like Gaga, but she wasn't the right fit for this movie and that's okay. It was just a dumb idea to make it a musical lol.

I'm sorry! I didn't know the embed would do that! 

Thought it would just give a short snapshot of the Twitter user and their follows or something. :rip:

21 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

MOVIE POISON LADY GAGA :ahh:

Saying that with a straight face with Taylor in your avi. 

TVrCRZr.gif

• Haha 1

Not Black Adam doing more :deadbanana2:

Just now, Doctor Dick said:

Saying that with a straight face with Taylor in your avi. 

TVrCRZr.gif

Yes because my fave never had a main role in a sequel to a mega succesful movie :ahh: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

Thought it would just give a short snapshot of the Twitter user and their follows or something. :rip:

I CACKLED when I saw it :ahh:Like this thread turned into Twitter/X (kinda fitting given the excuses and tin-foiled arguments of the OGHs tho)

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Yes because my fave never had a main role in a sequel to a mega succesful movie :ahh: 

That's because your fave made her movies bomb with a supporting role. 

ppaFuYQ.gif

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Haha 1

Don't worry brother monsters, Joker: Folie a Deux has SOLD OUT in India! All the haters are going to look crazy when the final numbers come out 

8 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

Could you pls edit your post? It takes forever to scroll down the page 

234245_1_articlelarge_bn-604219_91752830

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, dumbsparce said:

Could you pls edit your post? It takes forever to scroll down the page 

No, OGH :heart:

Y'all chose to use examples of literal racists for a kii so...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.