Taylor, Gaga & Beyoncé are the new legends. Agree?

Lagerfeld

Beyoncé is not Taylor and Gaga's peer, they both grew up idolizing her. 

Taylor and Gaga are not legends and have not been around long enough to be considered one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruel Summer

• byzantium

• Lagerfeld

• cowboy tyrant

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cowboy tyrant said:

Taylor and Gaga are not legends and have not been around long enough to be considered one. 

What is the specific arbitrary date on which you think the biggest solo artist in American music history will be eligible for that title?

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

What is the specific arbitrary date on which you think the biggest solo artist in American music history will be eligible for that title?

The biggest solo artist in American history is already a legend. As for Taylor Swift, maybe in another decade. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cowboy tyrant said:

The biggest solo artist in American history is already a legend. As for Taylor Swift, maybe in another decade. 

You may be confused about who that is - it's Taylor Swift. Regardless, what specifically about reaching the 28 year mark would materially change her status?

32 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Just give her time, like its obvious she will be, but TIME matters.

That's why Britney is just an icon, she is not a legend. She did NOT slay her 40's like legends do: Tina, Madonna, Cher, Mariah, Beyonce

I think success in your 40s is NEEDED for legend status.

37 minutes ago, cowboy tyrant said:

The fact that you think Garth Brooks is a legend but not Taylor Swift is laughable. 

10 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Just give her time, like its obvious she will be, but TIME matters.

That's why Britney is just an icon, she is not a legend. She did NOT slay her 40's like legends do: Tina, Madonna, Cher, Mariah, Beyonce

I think success in your 40s is NEEDED for legend status.

Wouldn't this mean the Beatles, Michael Jackson, and Whitney Houston are not legends? 

• Thanks 1

GaGa is an incredible actress and chromatica was cute,but we need her to have a lemonade/1989 moment :suburban:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Iceland said:

GaGa is an incredible actress and chromatica was cute,but we need her to have a lemonade/1989 moment :suburban:

Lowkey she did with the ASIB soundtrack 

4 hours ago, byzantium said:

The fact that you think Garth Brooks is a legend but not Taylor Swift is laughable. 

The fact you think I know who that is is the only thing laughable. 

Just now, cowboy tyrant said:

The fact you think I know who that is is the only thing laughable. 

The biggest solo act in US history.  But yea, your ignorance is kind of funny.  :heart:

Yes actually. I haven't been personally inspired by Gaga's efforts lately, but her legit transition into movie stardom while still churning out hits is commendable. 

9 hours ago, cowboy tyrant said:

Beyoncé is not Taylor and Gaga's peer, they both grew up idolizing her. 

No matter how many times we say this and how easily you can prove it, they always group her in with them lol. I guess it's flattering that Bey is still getting compared to whomever is current or younger because it shows how relevant she still is vs. her own peers but yea... she's not a "new" pop legend, esp. by ATRL loose standards.

GuPYPw.gif

beyonce-queen-b.gif

I think legend status has less to do with active time in, and more to do with your impact through the years after your time.

I'm more mixed on it now. I do think time matters but not "success" for x amount of time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.