Name one singer you tried to like but you just couldn't

Kimmo

Have you even tried to listen to an artist hoping to like them or their music and you just couldn't? 

Who was it? 

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iceland

• Kimmo

• JoeAg

• 4th Time Around

For me, Olivia Rodrigo… 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91hq9bubhi828n1b6ufno1odfwg0dh692swy9npf58&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by Kimmo
  • Like 6

The Beatles and Elvis.

I still don't know what tf was so special about them:suburban:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

SZA :emofish:

• Like 3

Lorde

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Halsey

Mariah Carey - great songwriter, beautiful voice, but the majority of her discography is a snoozefest to me outside of some classics. I do see the appeal though, maybe it just comes down to my taste/preference.

Jessie Ware - WYP? was fine but also overhyped to the highest heavens. The rest is the definition of background music to me. And she ended up being a Zionist so good riddance!

Kacey Musgraves - I find her songwriting really clunky and I don't like her tone. :shutup:

Euhh these were the first 3 I thought of..

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Sabrina Carpenter, even though i admit that i find myself bopping to Feather - Nonsense - Espresso - PPP, she's a basic white girl with no unique qualities behind her unlike her contemporaries ala Billie and Chappell

Edited by fememeist
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Julia Holter

i'm sorry but i just do not. get. it. :rip: she's supposed to be "similar to" people I love like Perfume Genius and Weyes Blood, and yet everything i've listened to from her has been the blandest sh*t ever lol

• Like 1

Lowkey Charli xcx. She has a lot of songs I like but only almost halfway through. Then something annoying happens and I zone out.

Lana for me. I like some of her songs and I ate up Ultraviolence but I haven't fully connected to another album of hers since then. Really tried with NFR.

• Like 2

There was a 2-3 week period in 2010 when I tried and failed to become a Katy Perry stan. I thank my lucky stars everyday.

UsoYifr.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Beyonce post-Lemonade

I really wanted to like Renaissance and Cowboy Carter but neither connected with me. I love her 00s/early 10s hits, but don't really care for her beyond that

• Haha 2

That blahdaboobee girl or whoever she is :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

The Beatles and Elvis.

I still don't know what tf was so special about them:suburban:

I agree, I only use this:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Mariah Carey - great songwriter, beautiful voice, but the majority of her discography is a snoozefest to me outside of some classics. I do see the appeal though, maybe it just comes down to my taste/preference.

i-

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

Julia Holter

i'm sorry but i just do not. get. it. :rip: she's supposed to be "similar to" people I love like Perfume Genius and Weyes Blood, and yet everything i've listened to from her has been the blandest sh*t ever lol

Anybody who says that does not know what they are talking about

I love her music but it is experimental as hell and way too left field for your average indie listener because of the ambient nature and deliberate lack of traditional song structure in most cases.

Have You In My Wildnerness is proof that she can lean into more traditional pop and classical song structure if she actually wanted to but even that is very left field by the standards of someone who listens to most indie music 

Edited by 4th Time Around
  • Like 2

Taylor, I just don't get the appeal. 

I even watched her reputation tour on Netflix with my best friend, she's a swiftie but I got so bored.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.