Who is more desperate for collaborations to secure a hit?

RideOrDie

Vote for the desperate  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the desperate

• The "Die With A Smile" singer
    • The "Lifetimes" singer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• RideOrDie

• Digitalism

• cyberraga

3 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Colby one top 15 hit. Gaga 0 hits.

Bradley helped with a huge movie. 

Yeah you can't refute anything. That's what I thought Ride of Die.

Guess that know you don't have more insider info you have to stay attacking Katy 24/7

A top 15 that ended up being Colby's ONLY hit and no one anticipated A Star is Born to smash, whose soundtrack is 80% Gaga songs and was inspired by Joanne.

Give it up, love.

R30cGvu.gif

• Haha 5

The one who has almost half of their number 1s from collabs 

0uCddEV.gif

Edited by Kukai
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

What is this trolling @Digitalism and @Pepo

It's a fact that Gaga was the #1 female artist in 2010, both according to the IFPI and Google Trends. No one is saying Beyoncé wasn't big but it's a fact Gaga's The Fame was a bigger and more successful era than Beyoncé's I Am Sasha Fierce, which was still a huge era nonetheless. How can you guys say Gaga had a bigger peak than Beyoncé but Beyoncé had more longevity for years only to know claim that that same peak by Gaga is somehow smaller than Bey's? So by your logic Beyoncé had a bigger peak than Gaga? In 2010 Gaga was bigger than Beyoncé so she definitley didn't NEED Beyoncé and would've smashed solo with Telephone. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Katy would die (with a smile) for a collab with someone succesful but we all know legends want to work with other legends sooo... Katy :cm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aden said:

A top 15 that ended up being Colby's ONLY hit and no one anticipated A Star is Born to smash, whose soundtrack is 80% Gaga songs and was inspired by Joanne.

Give it up, love.

Do you think the label had a time machine and they knew Colby wouln't have any more hits in the future? They put him in the song because he had a hit and Gaga had none. Give it up love Colby was bigger at the time. 

Shallow was a hit because of the movie that stars and was crafted by Bradley. If he hadn't been there you don't have shallow because he and his star power is huge a reason the movie is a success. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

well one is still capable of scoring hits the other one had to resort to running to a rapist :ducky:

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

What is this trolling @Digitalism and @Pepo

It's a fact that Gaga was the #1 female artist in 2010, both according to the IFPI and Google Trends. No one is saying Beyoncé wasn't big but it's a fact Gaga's The Fame was a bigger and more successful era than Beyoncé's I Am Sasha Fierce, which was still a huge era nonetheless. How can you guys say Gaga had a bigger peak than Beyoncé but Beyoncé had more longevity for years only to know claim that that same peak by Gaga is somehow smaller than Bey's? So by your logic Beyoncé had a bigger peak than Gaga? In 2010 Gaga was bigger than Beyoncé so she definitley didn't NEED Beyoncé and would've smashed solo with Telephone. 

IMO she was equal in star power at the time. 

I was pointing out that you were wrong about 4. That hadn't come out. 

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Give it up love Colby was bigger at the time. 

Why don't you apply that same logic to Beyoncé and Gaga's collab? Gaga was bigger than Beyoncé in 2010, that's a fact. In album sales, hits, #1s and even touring. 

Do you think the label had a time machine and they knew Colby wouln't have any more hits in the future? They put him in the song because he had a hit and Gaga had none. Give it up love Colby was bigger at the time. 

Shallow was a hit because of the movie that stars and was crafted by Bradley. If he hadn't been there you don't have shallow because he and his star power is huge a reason the movie is a success. 

Gaga and Colby were connected through their mutual relationship with Akon and Bradley Cooper was never more famous than Gaga even during her mid 2010s struggle years.

Maybe don't expend too much energy with these paragraphs. It must get tiring responding to every Gaga thread with them.

R30cGvu.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

IMO she was equal in star power at the time. 

I was pointing out that you were wrong about 4. That hadn't come out. 

They weren't equal though. Beyoncé was huge, don't get me wrong, but Gaga was indeed bigger than her in 2010. In other words, a solo version of Telephone would've been a hit as well as literally anything Gaga released would smash. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The best part is all I've seen is Katy stans demanding that a collab is released as a single next due to WW and Lifetimes tanking, they are desperate for a hit and are hoping a collab can save the era. The double standards are shocking…

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Why don't you apply that same logic to Beyoncé and Gaga's collab? Gaga was bigger than Beyoncé in 2010, that's a fact. In album sales, hits, #1s and even touring. 

Because I always considered TFM her second album (gaga does too). I know a lot of you don't and you act like it's all her debut. 

42 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

All of katy's features are smaller or equal to katy

All of Gaga's features are bigger or equal to Gaga. 

So Gaga 

Nope.

Kanye: bigger then and bigger now

Calvin Harris: bigger then and bigger now

Nicki: bigger then and bigger now

Migos: bigger then

Daddy Yankee: bigger then and bigger now

21 Savage: bigger now

6 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

uh no, Beyoncé was an ESTABLISHED pop star in her 3rd era, and when they collab'd in 2009 Gaga only had the Fame Ball tour going on. Beyoncé was the bigger star, and Gaga can attest to that. Lets get your facts straight

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

All of katy's features are smaller or equal to katy

All of Gaga's features are bigger or equal to Gaga. 

So Gaga 

21 Savage, Kim Petras, Doechii and JID are all bigger than Katy atm 

0uCddEV.gif

• Haha 4

Because I always considered TFM her second album (gaga does too). I know a lot of you don't and you act like it's all her debut. 

But regardless if you count them separate or not, Gaga had bigger hits and a bigger tour as well. And she was completely demolishing Beyoncé in Google searches and on social media. 

15 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Lol if Shallow is "Bradley's impact" then surely that must mean that one of the solo Bradley songs from the movie did *just as well or even better* than ARUTW, no?

2 minutes ago, QueenB said:

uh no, Beyoncé was an ESTABLISHED pop star in her 3rd era, and when they collab'd in 2009 Gaga only had the Fame Ball tour going on. Beyoncé was the bigger star, and Gaga can attest to that. Lets get your facts straight

:suburban:

Well you're talking about when they were recording the song but I'm talking about when the song was released. At the time of the song's release, Gaga was bigger than Beyoncé. Gaga didn't need anyone to score a hit back then. 

if y'all don't stop ruining my thread with this who was bigger in 2009 bey vs gar debate i'll start reporting y'all as off-topic

they are never gonna sing that 5G transmitter device live let it go

this was supposed to be about kety perr i hate y'all, let me go keep working on my upcoming masterpiece aka sky ferreira thread, the draft is up to 4k words already 

0uCddEV.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

The Space Cowboy & Flo Rida erasure from Miss Gargs...

0uCddEV.gif

Edited by Spicy Pisces

The only ones you have a case with Katy are these three considering they were at that moment...

#59 Bon Apetit feat. Migos
#46 Swish Swish feat. Nicki Minaj

#86 365 feat. Zedd

But seeing the OP, I'm not surprised at the slightest...

But honestly, maybe the reason why none of the big artists want to collab with Katy is because there's just no benefit in doing that nowadays, she can barely chart, she's not capable of writing a good song anymore, she doesn't have great vocals, she's not respected in the industry, she surely won't help anyone win a Grammy, so...

0uCddEV.gif

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

But regardless if you count them separate or not, Gaga had bigger hits and a bigger tour as well. And she was completely demolishing Beyoncé in Google searches and on social media. 

I know that it hindsight it may looks much bigger but at the time TFM came out I truly don't think she was that much bigger. Gaga had two #1s, one top 5, and one top 10. Beyonce has one #1, two top 5s( one of which is as big as a #1), and one top 10. Sales are similar and the tours too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.