Chappell Roan responds to backlash over concert cancellation

Teen Spirit

Just now, Windy Day said:

"i don't care about the fame. i don't want to be recognized on the street. i do what i do because i love to throw parties for gay people on stage"

a week later: cancels said parties to promote herself on television

of course she's going to get dragged :skull:

Well it's not only fame and parties on stage, it's also a job. Kinda like twitter for y'all

LepnXa0.gif

• Haha 7

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rihinvention

• Windy Day

• Squall

• slayyyterslut

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

its being said that its because shes doing the VMAs and had to cancel the tour dates

If that's true idk how this gels with her whole "fame is scary" rhetoric... I'm sure she can internally justify it by saying that the VMAs is a different setting than being recognized on the street but it's not the 2000s anymore, the concept of an "untouchable" popstar doesn't exist these days

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, stochastic said:

This will have no consequences for her. Only the chronically online have this faux-outrage. Can people use some critical thinking?

Every :clap3: damn :clap3: word :clap3:

As an Australian, this is nothing. Artists cancel on us simply because they don't feel like flying for 20 hours.

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

Well it's not only fame and parties on stage, it's also a job. Kinda like twitter for y'all

LepnXa0.gif

you can be a musical artist without profiting off an award show that capitalize on obsessive behavior

LepnXa0.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Whether you wanna play moral police or not and think she shouldn't cancel, get over it. You can feel how you wanna feel but girl's gonna do as she wants and if you don't like her for it, stop consuming her ****. She's a polarizing icon:ryan3: 

• Thanks 2

The way the people who are dragging her would still be dragging her if she skipped the VMAs instead :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Her fans need thicker skin and bigger brains because why would she choose performing in the slums (France) when the option to deliver an iconic VMAs performance that will be watched by millions of more people is right there. As an artist what is the better opportunity? Time to put the thinking caps on!

LepnXa0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

No one will care about this in a month

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

"i don't care about the fame. i don't want to be recognized on the street. i do what i do because i love to throw parties for gay people on stage"

a week later: cancels said parties to promote herself on television

of course she's going to get dragged :skull:

!!!

And if she doesn't want to be recognized on the streets, she should cover her face with hats and wigs like Sia, it worked for her.

8FiJ.gif

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Her fans need thicker skin and bigger brains because why would she choose performing in the slums (France) when the option to deliver an iconic VMAs performance that will be watched by millions of more people is right there. As an artist what is the better opportunity? Time to put the thinking caps on!

LepnXa0.gif

being exposed to millions of people would be a big opportunity for someone who wants to be a celebrity recognized by tons of people in public but chappell told us multiple times last week through various tiktok / apple iphone note app rants that it's the last thing she wants so what is the truth?

is chappell roan lying?

LepnXa0.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh god I can't believe she cancelled concert dates for the VMAs (of all award shows…) If she doesn't want the fame, then play smaller venue shows. And if she wants to keep her fame, then stop constantly complaining about it on social media. You can't have it both ways ffs

If she's all just about the art and performing and not the fame then why are VMAs more important? Curious. 

like is it a good career decision? Sure. Does it also kind of go against the narrative she's been pushing? Also yes 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

being exposed to millions of people would be a big opportunity for someone who wants to be a celebrity recognized by tons of people in public but chappell told us multiple times last week through various tiktok / apple iphone note app rants that it's the last thing she wants so what is the truth?

is chappell roan lying?

LepnXa0.gif

I think she naturally wants her music to continue to do well and deliver fun moments as an artist without having randoms on Twitter coming up to her in tears asking for a hug and repeating "mother" over and over again like they just escaped out of a psych ward. Can you blame her?

LepnXa0.gif

• Like 1

I bet she's going to integrate this controversy of "superfans violating her body and her boundaries" into her performance art.

I can see dancers ripping off her clothes and groping her as she sings and tries to get away.

Get those headlines sis. That's what the VMAs are for.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, it sucks to have a concert canceled, but they will get a refund. 

I don't blame her. I hope she's doing okay mentally. The fame seems to be taking a toll on her. :sad:

:mrpeanut:  Well she didn't "lie".  Her show is conflicting with her wish to do the VMA's.

"I explained why" as if she didn't give the most vague and ambiguous explanation from the PR book :dies:

She's honestly a BIG mess but i love her :gaycat4: We forgive you mommy roan, but we need that VMA Main PoP Girl Performance RV8Ulws.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Haha 2

can they  refund the hotel or flight tickets that were booked early at least? 

if it's just 500-1500 people, then better to cancel it because VMA is much bigger

that's not a stadium or even arena but there's a proper way of doing it and not just cancel it then stopping at that

y'all gonna be really annoying about this girl for a minute, aren't y'all….

spacer.png

if you're getting a refund for ur ticket, her team already done their part, she's literally backed by a major record label, of course they would move anything interfering with a potentially huge moment for their artist

spacer.png

mind u most people whacking her are neither french nor dutch but suddenly think she's never coming back after this (despite the fact those cities pretty much always get hit on a major tour)

spacer.png

a woman speaks out and suddenly y'all turn on her and act like everything she's done is committing a crime

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

So she released a statement about not wanting to be famous and then…

cancelled her shows in order to perform at the "elusive" vmas? What the **** is wrong with her? 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ariesgroove said:

y'all gonna be really annoying about this girl for a minute, aren't y'all….

spacer.png

if you're getting a refund for ur ticket, her team already done their part, she's literally backed by a major record label, of course they would move anything interfering with a potentially huge moment for their artist

spacer.png

mind u most people whacking her are neither french nor dutch but suddenly think she's never coming back after this (despite the fact those cities pretty much always get hit on a major tour)

spacer.png

a woman speaks out and suddenly y'all turn on her and act like everything she's done is committing a crime

spacer.png

Having a manager that schedules you properly is part of the job of being a great pop star. She knew that going in. 

spacer.png

Worse than the devil himself! 

Only a woman can get this criticised for cancelling a show when men do it like it's a hobby

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.