Chappell Roan responds to backlash over concert cancellation

Teen Spirit

Do we stan her again? Do we think her explanation (scheduling conflicts) is valid? Is she over? Is this truly her rise and fall? Discuss!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rihinvention

• Windy Day

• Squall

• slayyyterslut

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, if I had tickets, I would be like "girl, it's the freaking VMAs. Go get your Gaga Paparazzi moment."

The people dragging her aren't even French/Dutch ticket holders.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12
  • Thumbs Down 9

I mean a cancelling a couple concerts to attend your first "big" award show (VMAs are huge for new artists), potentially win your first VMA, and have the opportunity to have a stellar performance for the whole world to see? I don't blame her at all for cancelling and would've done the same.

I'd be pissed if my concert got cancelled, but like, you'll get a refund for your ticket and if you travelled to see a show then that's a risk you always have to assume when buying destination tickets.

• Like 12
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

literally who cares if dates are cancelled. its on YOU if you spent money on out-of-state flights (or some cases out-of-country), hotels, etc

i'd just take the refund and spend the day elsewhere in that area instead lol

leave Chappell alone ffs

• Like 7
  • Confused 7
  • Thumbs Down 10

Just now, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I'm sorry but "scheduling conflicts" is such vague PR language that most stans would understandably read into it :rip:

its being said that its because shes doing the VMAs and had to cancel the tour dates

I like her songs. 

But her attitude stinks so I'm enjoying this backlash. 

LepnXa0.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

The way she hates her fans is very interesting and Doja-coded

LepnXa0.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

This will have no consequences for her. Only the chronically online have this faux-outrage. Can people use some critical thinking?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The dates were about 3 weeks out. The people who are mad will be okay - it isn't like they were already waiting at the venue.

VMAs are massive as a new artist, she definitely made the right decision.

Edited by Raichu
  • Like 3

Any other up and coming artist would've done the same damn thing Chappell is only getting hate bc of the stupid privacy controversy 

Like my god it sucks for those with tickets but it is what it is 

Stan Twitter can go **** themselves 

• Like 6

spacer.png

• Haha 3

If "Good Luck, Babe!" had a video I'd have more sympathy for what she's doing

LepnXa0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

• ATRL Moderator

I do understand cancelling for her first major award show/performance and I do think some of the criticism she’s being thrown has little to do with her decision and more to do with something else that runs rampant re: twitter/tiktok discourse :coffee2:

However, if she truly did cancel for the VMAs, say that. Write up a thoughtful explanation of why this event is so important with genuine/specific points (maybe she was only offered a slot last minute, etc.) and give your fans some transparency. I actually think that could have curbed some of the dragging. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

Personally, if I had tickets, I would be like "girl, it's the freaking VMAs. Go get your Gaga Paparazzi moment."

The people dragging her aren't even French/Dutch ticket holders.

gaga never cancelled a concert to attend an award show tho

she literally received her MTV awards on stage live at the monster ball...

i swear i like chappell but her decisions are so strange. two weeks ago she complained about parasocial relationships and whatnot and now she's cancelling shows to attend a ceremony that's built on those parasocial relationships and fan's obsessive behavior... very weird

Edited by Windy Day
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

She's having her lizzo moment where she was loved and adored for 5 seconds before being piled on :giraffe:

• Like 2

I'll unstan my fave if their cancelled the concert (on my date) over award show television performance. :rip:

Edited by LosingHimWasBlue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The VMAs don't even have the same power as they did back in the day & their power in music and performance don't have as much as impact either.

I do believe this stunt is very contradictory to the person she presents herself to be. Some of those fans bought those tickets, flights, accommodations months in advance and you just cancel the show(s) to finally have your big moment on MTV. Where's the integrity in that? Seems a bit self-centered in my viewpoint. 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Where's the explanation?

LepnXa0.gif

xoxo

• Haha 1

Where's the explanation LepnXa0.gif

6 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

She's having her lizzo moment where she was loved and adored for 5 seconds before being piled on :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.