Why did Katy hire Dr Luke ?

ugo

So far lifetimes sounds like it would have been better if Calvin Harris produced it. One kiss, we found love, how deep is your love and this is what you came for all sound better than Lifetimes and they are all bops (well except lifetimes)

Woman's world is not that special, max Martin could have done the same job or actually any mainstream producer. 

The other snippets don't sound good either from a production standpoint point. I am confused because why would she hire Dr Luke if he doesn't deliver anything in particular.  

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheep

• ugo

• YourFavoriteWeapon

• frankgutz

Why did Gaga hire Terry Richardson, R Kelly and Richy Jackson?

Why did Beyonce hire the Dream?

All female popstars have hired men who've been accused of SA. The hate campaign towards Katy is tired :celestial5:

Edited by Kukai
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 40

I agree. I thought she would do some major bops like the ones from Doja Cat albums, but they are just… mid

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't get why her team thought working with Luke was a good idea for her or her brand I really do think Katy just has no morals. 

• Like 8

i think you should ask katy yourself that question imo

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Bhabylon said:

She saw there was a market of gays who consume lowest common denominator Kim Petras pop music and said "hmmm okay I guess I can make money off of them too", and now we're here

MIc7wn0.thumb.gif.09b51e3f687ed1c1a148db

She was probably trying to replicate the magic of the music they used to make together in the past, but he truly flopped on these productions... Both are extremely generic and sound like any and every producer in the world could've made them. 

She's not particularly wise in her decisions.

Having someone who was accused of SA on a song about feminism is not a very smart move. Neither having the same guy produce your entire comeback album.

Plus it's 2024, not 2010. What worked in the past may not work the same way today

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NumbSoul said:

She was probably trying to replicate the magic of the music they used to make together in the past, but he truly flopped on these productions... Both are extremely generic and sound like any and every producer in the world could've made them. 

Couldn't she hear that music was mid ?

• Like 2

Yeah you would expect a Say So or Espresso kinda smash but he gave her trash and Kim Petras leftovers. I think she was tired of flopping and wanted her Teenage Dream glory back but she's still flopping and he ruined her reputation

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i can't believe even if she was willing to go past the whole moral bankruptcy part of working with him she didn't hear this stuff and decide it wasn't worth the lashings… how the hell is music for an a-list pop girl sounding significantly worse than kim petras' era 1 music? i don't want it at all and hillside boys demolish woman's world and lifetimes… and you know luke made a whole 30 cent off those  

Tbh she could have had a strong comeback if she had the gays on her side like charli has with brat, but working with dr Luke really destroyed her brand in the community….. at least for the new music. Even SNL made a skit about it. 

16 minutes ago, Kukai said:

Why did Gaga hire Terry Richardson, R Kelly and Richy Jackson?

Why did Beyonce hire the Dream?

All female popstars have hired men who've been accused of SA. The hate campaign towards Katy is tired :celestial5:

you actually spilled for once, stop holding women accountable for the crimes of men

OT: after the underperformance/bombing of Witness and Smile it actually made a lot of sense to go back to the hitmaker who oversaw her peak, it was an extremely safe choice on paper. The backlash he gets is warranted and I don't believe the lashings Katy got for HIS actions ever made it past stan twitter. The real problem here is that he's stagnated as an artist. His only credits on hits for the past SEVERAL years have been sample-driven and/or novelty hits, pop icon Katy Perry needs more that.

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

We're now branching into an era of pop where calculated "hits" like the ones Katy is putting out are less in favor than let's say more diverse and experimental ones that are on the Hot 100 right now. She does have half a brain but thinking this is THEE comeback and that it would've been easy is so naive of her and her label. Prism was her last good project and all this slander is probably karma catching up to her it just makes sense.

pop star wants to dish out another album full of bland generic formulaic pop music so she hires the best producer to do that

some of her best songs don't even have dr luke involved

she is desperate to revive her glory days and it's sad

She wanted to recreate Teenage Dream's success after underperforming with her last two albums

She probably thought people wouldn't care since Dr. Luke recently had hits, but didn't take into account how bad it would look given she personally knows Kesha and was involved with their case

she's desperate. end of thread.

16 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

She saw there was a market of gays who consume lowest common denominator Kim Petras pop music and said "hmmm okay I guess I can make money off of them too", and now we're here

So Charli XCX fans basically

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't really care she works with Luke but I care the final product is absolute basic sounding sh*t

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ugo said:

Couldn't she hear that music was mid ?

Seems like having an 'ear for hits' is actually something, and she's lacking it rn :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.