Why Did Gaga never penetrate the str8 community, like Madonna & Katy?

PoisonedIvy

If they're singing along to Like a Virgin, I guarantee you those men aren't straight.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• perpetual novice

• Storm653

• frankvert

4 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

If they're singing along to Like a Virgin, I guarantee you those men aren't straight.

The lies. Madonna was appealing to str8's (both Men and Women) when her debut, LAV, TB and LAP came out.

1) I highly doubt that they left just because of that song. 
2) with Gaga it all depends on what genre she's doing. A lot of her classics tend to do alright but some of her more pop/dance stuff can turn off people who don't like that genre. You & I, Million Reasons, Shallow, etc still go over well with the GP. 
3) She just performed at the Olympics and the show went over quite well. Clearly she can still pull that audience. 
4) Katy hasn't been able to "penetrate" the straight audience in years. If she had been able to then her last big hit wouldn't be Dark Horse and Woman's World would be smashing right now. 
5) Some classic Madonna songs also appeal to the GP. A lot of her more gay friendly and modern stuff doesn't have the same support that songs like Into The Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, Like A Prayer, Secret, and Papa Don't Preach have. Also, Madonna's career is longer than both Katy and Gaga's combined. 

She did with her Debut. She was very cool with Just Dance, Poker face and Lovegame :giraffe: but she got weirder and campier and too high fashion and the appeal to the straights was lost

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

She did with her Debut. She was very cool with Just Dance, Poker face and Lovegame :giraffe: but she got weirder and campier and too high fashion and the appeal to the straights was lost

came here to say this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.