Why Did Gaga never penetrate the str8 community, like Madonna & Katy?

PoisonedIvy

1 minute ago, Devin said:

she did several times esp during her jazz, joanne & asib years.

Old people don't count as straight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• perpetual novice

• Happylittlepunk

• Storm653

Gaga's voice can't penetrate without lots of lube, sadly str8s aren't familiar with that concept

• Haha 3

I'm friends with metalheads who loved her during TFM. :michael:

1 minute ago, Riverbank said:

Gaga's voice can't penetrate without lots of lube, sadly str8s aren't familiar with that concept

Best response in this thread :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, justin. said:

I'm friends with metalheads who loved her during TFM. :michael:

Metal is just gay rock.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's about to own the str8 community with Joker 2 

• Like 2

honestly now we are so removed from the context of her image and the noise around her, when you lay her singles bare, you can very clearly see the quality just tapers off along the same timeline of her popularity, i really do think its just that and nothing else.

Just Dance

Pokerface

Paparazzi

LoveGame

Bad Romance

Telephone

Alejandro

Born This Way

Judas

The Edge of Glory

You and I

Marry the Night

Applause ← I personally argue this is where she starts to struggle

Do What U Want

G.U.Y

Perfect Illusion

Million Reasons

The Cure

Shallow

Always Remember Us This Way

Stupid Love

Rain on Me

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Not Katy. :deadbanana2:

11 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Straights didn't fw born this way lets be real. (Not that straight validation matters)

I'd say the straights love themselves some Just Dance, Shallow, Poker Face.

If this is true than why is born this tracks go more viral on tik tok than any other album from gen-z? It's brave of you to say this considering nobody checks for Katy music outside of tennage dream. 

• Thanks 1

You just made that up :rip:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

If this is true than why is born this tracks go more viral on tik tok than any other album from gen-z? It's brave of you to say this considering nobody checks for Katy music outside of tennage dream. 

because gen-z is gay asf

and lets not pretend i kissed a girl, hot n cold, dark horse and roar arent still in rotation getting huge daily streams…

11 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Old people don't count as straight 

:skull:

outside the elders. anyone w/ hits and a commercial pop career will attract straights. songs from her earlier years ppl know. born this way she started losing that straight audience bc she became too niche and "demonic". same could be said abt madonna but she dibbled back n forth. 

That story of yours sounds made up. Even if I were to believe it was true it's not representative of everyone 

As far as straight people. Gaga had them with The Fame Era. Just dance, paparazzi, pokerface were songs they could f%ck with. I'd say this was the case up until maybe Telephone, after that it went down hill once she really started going all in on lgbtq people, that's when most straight people checked out. 

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

because gen-z is gay asf

and lets not pretend i kissed a girl, hot n cold, dark horse and roar arent still in rotation getting huge daily streams…

But what is the point of people checking Katy Music if they aren't willing to check out her new music. 

There is a reason why born this way ended up being Gaga most influential work. It clearly aged the best among her albums. It truly defined who Gaga was as an artist. An LGBTQ icon and forward thinking musician. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

But what is the point of people checking Katy Musi if they aren't willing to check out her new music. 

There is a reason why born this way ended up being Gaga most influential work. It clearly aged the best among her albums. It truly defined who Gaga was as an artist. An LGBTQ icon and forward thinking musician. 

The lgbtq icon was what cost her the straight listeners. Not to mention gays aren't loyal and very finicky, their wigs move with the hot 100. 

4 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

That story of yours sounds made up. Even if I were to believe it was true it's not representative of everyone 

As far as straight people. Gaga had them with The Fame Era. Just dance, paparazzi, pokerface were songs they could f%ck with. I'd say this was the case up until maybe Telephone, after that it went down hill once she really started going all in on lgbtq people, that's when most straight people checked out. 

It's true but I will say I proceeded to hook up with all the straight men from the treadmill in a group sauna session afterwards, so I fear my gaydar was broken. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

? The straights love her and have for years. She's literally in Joker 2 which is a straight movie 

Did you forget about A Star Is Born?:suburban:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 305 said:

? The straights love her and have for years. She's literally in Joker 2 which is a straight movie 

A man in drag makeup does not seem very straight to me 

:nicole:

2 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

The lgbtq icon was what cost her the straight listeners. Not to mention gays aren't loyal and very finicky, their wigs move with the hot 100. 

Gaga basically became a lgbtq icon the moment she debuted it was clear she was here for them from the very beginning. She was one of the few music artist bringing up issues with the gay community and mental health issues to mainstream crowd. Now it's standard for every pop girl to support the lgbtq community but during Gaga debut it was much rarer and only a small handful of pop girls where openly fighting. 

What do you mean?! Have you seen ASIB?! Is it a gay movie or what am I missing?! 

Just now, Princess Aurora said:

Did you forget about A Star Is Born?:suburban:

Didn't we all? 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

penetrate the str8s

Upon further reflection, you all have convinced me: Gaga did indeed penetrate the straight community. We should all be more like Gaga and penetrate more of our straight comrades. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.