Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran is outstreaming Cowboy Carter, why?

k4rmabutterfly

The collabs are carrying the compilation album 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shakeyourbombom

• period sis

• vuelve88

• A-V-XYZ

Shakira's recent spotify Playlist is carried by the Karol collab and that diss track :giraffe:

Because its a Woman's World.

:clack:

11 hours ago, terrijoe said:

why arent beyonce's collabs carrying her? 

tenor.gif

Why is this a question? Maybe because she was actually able to get a solo hit and didn't need collabs to help her out? 

tenor.gif

• Thumbs Down 3

14 hours ago, period sis said:

Shakira's album is like 99% collabs :gaycat6:.  4/17 tracks being solo. 9 songs being droplet singles, some of which appeared on other people's albums first that she needed to attach to hers, otherwise no one would listen. When we remove those and only discuss the new songs that were released with the album - it barely scraps 200m total. 

No they don't, because her album wasn't spammed with collabs like Shakira's is. :gaycat6:

I don't even care for Karol G like that but her album went #1, still does 7m daily, and is still charting on Billboard. Shakira's album left after week 5. :gaycat6:

No one of her collaborators on the album is bigger than herself.

Shakira carried the singles. Again, Shakira gave Bizarrap and Karol G their first and ONLY top 10 in the US & 1st charting in the UK.

If Shakira's album was released last year, it would have stayed on chart for a long period of time like Karol G's.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, period sis said:

Why is this a question? Maybe because she was actually able to get a solo hit and didn't need collabs to help her out? 

tenor.gif

Sadly those songs did not last long.

Shakira likes giving other latin artists a hand. Her record label said it.:cm:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Shakira likes giving other latin artists a hand. Her record label said it.:cm:

She doesn't help them, they help her. last time when she released solo single (Don't Wait Up) it flopped into oblivion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

One has actual numbers and impact in the real world while the other relies on PR/propaganda which makes her bigger than she actually is.

Edited by charot

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

She doesn't help them, they help her. last time when she released solo single (Don't Wait Up) it flopped into oblivion.

Delusional. Shakira has transformed herself to a streaming force after El Dorado. 
Not just her new singles, her classics were also doing great on streaming platforms.

No one knew Maluma, Karol G and Bizarrap before their collaborations with Shakira outside of Spanish speaking countries. And don't act like these artists did not do collaborations to boost their fame. 
Her last solo single was Acrostico not Don't Wait Up. It peaked at 9 on Spotify Global Top 200.

Edited by shakeyourbombom
  • Like 1

I love them both and I hate people are comparing two legends. 

CC was such a risk, most of her fans are not into country music. Personally, I tried to listen to it continuously but I lost interest. It's not that is bad or superior, it's just not my (and a lot of people) genre. 

Shakira released a commercial album aiming to charts and she got what she wanted. I feel like it's one of her worst albums honestly, not the Shakira that I like but due to her commercial sound people like it.

CC was made for the US, country is not global.

LMYNL sounds a lot here in Latin America and the sound of it is commercial so global.

Both are legends and successful :heart:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Delusional. Shakira has transformed herself to a streaming force after El Dorado. 
Not just her new singles, her classics were also doing great on streaming platforms.

No one knew Maluma, Karol G and Bizarrap before their collaborations with Shakira outside of Spanish speaking countries. And don't act like these artists did not do collaborations to boost their fame. 
Her last solo single was Acrostico not Don't Wait Up. It peaked at 9 on Spotify Global Top 200.

people only streamed her music thanks to Pique drama. Te Felicito left Global Spotify, but returned and began to rise after cheating rumors. when she dropped her album no one was interested in it anymore.
she's not streaming force and her first day streams showed this:
GJYSySNWQAAMeK1?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

people only streamed her music thanks to Pique drama. Te Felicito left Global Spotify, but returned and began to rise after cheating rumors. when she dropped her album no one was interested in it anymore.
she's not streaming force and her first day streams showed this:
GJYSySNWQAAMeK1?format=jpg&name=medium

That's because people are interested in Shakira. It goes the same with why Lemonade was successful because Jay Z cheated. 
GIRL LIKE ME and Me Gusta were also doing decent numbers on Spotify.

Te Felicito was already a hit before the Pique drama. JLo (and Xtina) did collabs with other popular latin artists and look at those numbers. They are tragic.

Hips Don't Lie has been on the Spotify Global Top 200 for weeks already. Again, if Shakira released her album last year, it would chart way longer globally. The numbers are there and it shows.

You want to diminish Shakira's power so bad but it won't succeed. She has been in the game since 90s and still on A Tier. 

• Like 1

Cause Shakira's album is listenable

rPa0uxH.gif

Spotify Global Artists 200 Chart:

Nov 16, 2022

Shakira: 36

Karol G: 41

Jan 4, 2023 (a week before BZRP Vol.53 dropped)

Shakira: 44

Karol G: 49

Jan 10, 2023 (a day before BZRP Vol. 53 dropped)

Shakira: 47

Karol G : 51

So "Shakira needs Karol G and Bizarrap" is debunked 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Like... I feel im being gaslighted here :rip: Its not a coincidence that the lowest streamed tracks on the album are ironically the only solo ones. 

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

The president of Sony Music Latin literally said that he uses Shakira to give his other artists a wider, more global reach. He called it a business partnership with Shakira. 

But what does he know? ATRL user @Nefertiti0 surely knows more about the Latin music industry. :bibliahh:

• Like 3

Oh wow I didn't know CC streams were THAT bad... that album really is a no no. I still think it would've been better if she cut like half of it.

On 7/25/2024 at 1:50 AM, VioletsandRoses said:

Because the Beyoncé collabs are album tracks not singles? Only the Miley song is a single. Common sense, use your brain

you should apply your own advice.

• Like 1

Both albums flopped. This thread's pointless.

18 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Shakira hasn't had a solo hit in nearly 20 years lmao.

• Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.