Marianne Williamson seizes delegates, gears up to challenge Kamala at convention

GraceRandolph

In her latest interview Marianne questions the Democratic party and donors "rubber stamping" Kamala without much debate, and questions what Kamala stands for, and whether she can win in November. She criticizes Kamala's record as attorney general as well as the Biden's administration overall.

• Thanks 10
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Mr. Mendes

• Distantconstellation

• CottageHore

Ohhh she was so good in this interview :jonnycat: she ate her up! (I still love Kamala tho)

Marianne is always effective and a great speaker and is able to communicate her ideas to where anyone can understand. 

Everything she said is correct. Kamala is gonna get dragged because she knew biden was a walking corpse and she did nothing. It was only until the rich donors said they weren't going to fund bidens campaign that he finally stepped aside. He didn't do it when most voters, democratic voters wanted him and Trump gone. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

the momentum is there for Kamala , it would be stupid to stop it party-wise, if she even cares

• Like 6

i think there is a strong argument to say that people who voted for Biden in primaries KNEW Kamala was going to be a VP and given Biden's age and health there was always a chance she'd be the president anyway if Biden won. so she has some democratic mandate.

that said, people will try to shut Marianne up, but imo people like her are good for democracy. Kamala (and the DNC by extension) is not immune to criticism, not even now. we need more accountability and democracy from the party, and it's never a bad time to talk about that.

Edited by John Slayne
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Administrator

Marianne has a very good message and quite frankly gives better answers than many of the other candidates and has since 2020. I do think she could be an effective politician, but she’s not going to be president. 

She should run for state office and transition that to federal. I feel like with a proven platform she will be taken more seriously than as just a candidate with good ideas. 

• Like 9

Meanwhile one of her PACs just endorsed Kamala.

Good luck collecting those required amount of delegates you speak of Marianne. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Why is she making it seem like Kamala is just some random person picked up from the streets? No one knows her political views? How do we know people will vote for her? This is the woman who ran in 2020 and then was elected VP. She's not Ford. 

She didn't do well in 2020, and Marianne is more or less saying Kamala needs to be tested at the convention and prove herself capable of putting forward a vision for the country if we want her to be able to beat Trump.

• Thanks 1

I like her policies but she and you need to give it up, it's not happening. :rip: 

Btw I didn't realise she was 72, she looks good for her age. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Marianne has a very good message and quite frankly gives better answers than many of the other candidates and has since 2020. I do think she could be an effective politician, but she's not going to be president. 

She should run for state office and transition that to federal. I feel like with a proven platform she will be taken more seriously than as just a candidate with good ideas. 

I feel the same way about Marianne..she needs to run for local elections first and work her way up. I'm sure AIPAC is gonna dump millions to defeat Marianne though and prevent her from winning that election if it were to happen. 

Fun fact: In the 2020 Democratic primary election, Marianne Williamson received 22,334 votes.  Kamala Harris got... 844 votes.  :coffee:

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Marianne has a very good message and quite frankly gives better answers than many of the other candidates and has since 2020. I do think she could be an effective politician, but she's not going to be president. 

Homegirl is 72, she should just retire.

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

Homegirl is 72, she should just retire.

She was younger than both main nominees a week ago...

49 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I think at this time she should know she has 0 chance to be the nominee and negative chances to win. Doing her best to make Kamala look bad for some ridiculous attempt to securing the nomination is kind of stupid. She is completely unknown to the overall GP and under these circumstances would have no chance of increasing her name likeness enough to win a presidential election in a few months 

Kamala does need some criticism to ensure she does not **** up her campaign in the next few months but this is not the way.

Edited by Gaia

• ATRL Administrator
30 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Fun fact: In the 2020 Democratic primary election, Marianne Williamson received 22,334 votes.  Kamala Harris got... 844 votes.  :coffee:

Kamala also withdrew before the first primary vote so it didn’t make sense for anyone who supported her to vote for her. :coffee2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Kamala also withdrew before the first primary vote

Because she was polling so poorly...

• Like 2

A white woman fighting to help Trump win just like white women did in 2016. Shocking. Amazing.

You'd think with everything at stake, white women would be able to put their egos aside for once in their lives... but damn, guess not. Biden was able to do it, so why can't Marriane? Because she doesn't care about anything but herself.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

She was younger than both main nominees a week ago...

And neither of them should be running for president 

20 minutes ago, Sannie said:

A white woman fighting to help Trump win just like white women did in 2016. Shocking. Amazing.

You'd think with everything at stake, white women would be able to put their egos aside for once in their lives... but damn, guess not. Biden was able to do it, so why can't Marriane? Because she doesn't care about anything but herself.

How is Marianne pushing for a strong Democratic Party platform that inspires and appeals to a wide swath of people helping Trump? At this point yall would accuse the teleprompter that Biden couldn't read or whatever Kamala stubbed her toe on of helping Trump win. Marianne is right that Kamala needs to establish a national identity and put forth a strong and inspiring message due to circumstances being less favorable to Democrats.

24 minutes ago, Sannie said:

American politics are so ******, y'all live in constant fear of an absolute fascist taking over that the only other option (which is always a neoliberal war criminal too, just less fascist) needs to not ever be criticized or otherwise their chances diminish

Y'all have no clue what a democracy looks like or is supposed to be. A politician is ALWAYS going to be criticized and they should be, as they are not perfect. The problem with a 2 party system is that the criticism is either gonna come from the opposite party which will get brushed away or it will come from the own party, and it will be called treason 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Girl, I love Marianne, and in another time line she and Bernie saved America from fascism, but we don't have time for a primary this far in the game. Her challenging Kamala is not serving what she thinks it's serving because, while absolutely true and needs to happen, her proposals are simply not on the table at this time. She is basically too ahead of her time, and it's unfortunate, but we have Handmaid's Tale on our doorstep, so the focus is on that. :celestial5:

EDIT: I do want to add that I hope she stays vocal about her positions and pushing the administration to the left because voices like hers are needed and extremely valuable. 

Edited by modeblock
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

I like her policies but she and you need to give it up, it's not happening. :rip: 

Btw I didn't realise she was 72, she looks good for her age. 

Wait really??? I always thought she was late 40s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.