BRAT feels more culturally relevant than any other release of the year. Why?

georgechxng

Cultural relevance is a funny little thing, isn't it?

It has a simple definition that's easy to understand but in practice, well..some may feel confined. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Vegvisir

• on the line

• georgechxng

error delete

Edited by watawa

On 7/25/2024 at 12:26 AM, applestar said:

Because ari flop with eternal sunshine, Taylor flop with ttpd, Katy flop with 143, Camila cabello flop with Camila xo, Billie flop with whatever her album is, Sabrina chapel fads :gaycat:

If I was an artist and released an album that did just as well as TTPD I'd be so happy to be flopping this well tbh.

BRAT is a perfect example of right time, right place. The stars just aligned for this album. I also consider this era the universe's way of finally giving Charli XCX her well deserved flowers.

Honestly BRAT winning AOTY at the Grammys next year would be the ultimate iconic gag

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

If I was an artist and released an album that did just as well as TTPD I'd be so happy to be flopping this well tbh.

Okay, doesn't change the fact that every release this year is trash (eternal sunshine, ttpd, whatever Billie album is called) and/or made by fad artists (Billie, Sabrina, Chapel), which is why brat is culturally relevant

I follow pop culture but I must confess I've never heard any song off the album even though I'm a 100% aware of the BRAT memes and aesthetic

On 7/24/2024 at 6:39 AM, Wonbin said:

It's a meme-album at best, I think it is somewhat culturally relevant among the white gays though - I guess that's something  

:clack:

what do you know about cultural relevance with that avi? 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, applestar said:

Okay, doesn't change the fact that every release this year is trash (eternal sunshine, ttpd, whatever Billie album is called) and/or made by fad artists (Billie, Sabrina, Chapel), which is why brat is culturally relevant

what you consider trash is someone's treasure... some people consider Brat as trash, the truth is she's doing amazingly and fair play to her, it's a brilliant record, but only time will show how culturally relevant this album was... let's be honest about that. The album hasn't been even out for a month yet... 

So funny to see gay people who's most notable personality trait is being gay saying that it's all a "bubble". Projecting much

Yes, more impact than the sleeping poets department. dormida.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.