BRAT feels more culturally relevant than any other release of the year. Why?

georgechxng

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Vegvisir

• on the line

• georgechxng

Does it? I mean, kudos to Charli as I've always respected her but I'm not really into BRAT. I listened to it 1 and a half times and can barely remember any song on it.

For an indie artist (is she indie, right?) she's been referenced a lot lately, that's for sure. The fact this is happening more on a "bubble" is not a demerit imo, we're living on a time where most successful people of media don't really reach the mass public so, at least she became one of the most discussed subjects when it becomes to pop music and online trend related thingz.

Everything about the album and era is pretty iconic and known by the GP, except for the music.

the album has been talked about nonstop over a month since the release while any other big release from this year has been forgotten after a week :dies:

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

swifties running in here to counter the OP without even acknowledging the fact that the GP doesn't give 2 shits about their faves newest album 

There is no verifiable metric that would prove the "GP" cares more about brat than they do about TTPD. Taylor's album engages much more listeners, streamers, purchasers, and unless you survey all of them, all we know is TTPD has garnered more success than brat. Any other anecdote is subjective and non factual. 

(no actual hits btw)

As if brat has any "actual" hits at all compared to TTPD :deadbanana4: If anything neither of them ended up permeating the general consciousness but at least Fortnight went #1 and is her best performing single on Spotify to date. 

meanwhile BRAT has permeated every social media channel possible and goes beyond commercial success with companies picking up the brat aesthetic for their own promotion... you can't buy organic demand like that even if you tried!

.. you act as if 2 years ago there weren't dozens upon dozens of celebrities, athletes, and corporations using the "Midnights" template to market their products/themselves. I could find just as many tweets about that as you did about this brat aesthetic. Congrats to Charli for her stellar marketing this era, something Taylor has already achieved in the past; not that it's much of an achievement worth bragging about? :rip: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

Well, because you're gay and a part of stan culture. 

No one outside of the stan world (so 99.9% of the population) would think this album is "culturally relevant".

well! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Everything about the album and era is pretty iconic and known by the GP, except for the music.

huh? the album is doing 10m streams daily

• Like 1

I feel like it's a "Hot Girl Summer" situation where honestly most people don't even know it's a Megan quote, whenever I see a white girl post "Brat summer" I'm assuming they maybe vaguely know it's connected to Charli but by now it's penetrated the mainstream in a way that's not even directly related to her anymore

• Like 1

the bitter swifites :dies:

everything about the brat era i ******* genius, is one for the books, the impact is REAL.

• Like 2

It's because you're a gay surrounded by other gays. 

Culturally relevant for terminally online gays, yeah for sure. Nobody in the broader GP even know this album exists.

4 hours ago, Saintlor said:

It really hasn't. Ask any of the GP if they know what Brat is and they really wouldn't know.

well :chick1: keep on denying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sugden said:

the bitter swifites :dies:

everything about the brat era i ******* genius, is one for the books, the impact is REAL.

How are we the bitter ones, when (1) we do not care and/or are congratulating Charli on finally striking gold with an era, (2) everyone else is acting as if Taylor has never marketed herself well and permeated the mainstream when she is, quite literally, THE most mainstream artist in the world right now :rip: Charli can have her success and Taylor can too, for either side to demean the other is ridiculous. Charli hasn't quite escaped the music enthusiast bubble but this is a good start. 

Because Charli's legacy is undebated, obviously

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

How are we the bitter ones, when (1) we do not care and/or are congratulating Charli on finally striking gold with an era, (2) everyone else is acting as if Taylor has never marketed herself well and permeated the mainstream when she is, quite literally, THE most mainstream artist in the world right now :rip: Charli can have her success and Taylor can too, for either side to demean the other is ridiculous. Charli hasn't quite escaped the music enthusiast bubble but this is a good start. 

this whole reponse just show how bothered you guys are

because i didnt even question taylor sucess because it makes no sense, you guys just hate seeing other girls having their moment

just like yalls fave i guess

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sugden said:

this whole reponse just show how bothered you guys are

because i didnt even question taylor sucess because it makes no sense, you guys just hate seeing other girls having their moment

just like yalls fave i guess

FV3NvoJ.gif

Girl I bring up Taylor because other people in this thread did first :deadbanana4: Charli can have her moment, it literally does not diminish Taylor's legacy nor do I care because her accomplishments are not mine. Maybe you're used to talking to teenagers whose frontal lobes aren't developed but the only rational perspective here is to congratulate Charli without using her to attack -any- other artist. Why others can't do that is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Braz said:

The swifties mad :bibliahh:

which is weird lowkey bc taylor wasn't even mentioned this time. they came into this thread MAD as hell discrediting brat's popularity :deadbanana2: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

never heard of it

Is it though? I don't get the hype. 

10 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

How are we the bitter ones, when (1) we do not care

Well you cared enough to be the #1 poster in this thread

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

which is weird lowkey bc taylor wasn't even mentioned this time. they came into this thread MAD as hell discrediting brat's popularity :deadbanana2: 

Nobody said a peep about her but all of a sudden 10 Taylor avis talking Charli down... :skull::skull:

1 minute ago, Riverbank said:

Well you cared enough to be the #1 poster in this thread

FV3NvoJ.gif

Congrats on my whopping 6 posts, 5 of which are responses to people quoting me :dies: 

4 hours ago, JO1s said:

Swifties acting like anyone outside their cult is listening to that poor excuse for an album 

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

You sure about that? :rip: People shade Taylor/TTPD just to uplift Charli/brat when it isn't even called for. Meanwhile the takes from Taylor fans in here have been much more respectful imo, but you're welcome to disagree. I don't see anyone calling brat a "poor excuse" of an album though, nor do we call her fans a "cult." 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.