BRAT feels more culturally relevant than any other release of the year. Why?

georgechxng

I mean no shade when I say this, as it most certainly applies to me as well — but in the way you're describing, it's really only culturally relevant to gay and/or chronically online people :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Vegvisir

• on the line

• georgechxng

30 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Because it's good, organic, and a singular body of work with a clear point of view, and not curated by a team after consulting algorithms and trends.

It really is that simple.

I don't think it's ever that simple lmao

Plenty of great bodies of work never reach this level of saturation

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Yall saying "stan twitter" when the album and "brat summer" have already branched out outside of that bubble lol

Yeah, I've seen countless memes about it from people outside of that bubble. The cover and the font are way too iconic now

Cause it's the album of the year.

5 minutes ago, Bosque said:

Because you live in a bubble of gay people

It's impact has literally reached the twitter account of Kamala's campaign. Not to mention multiple international brands have done the same in the past weeks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

It really hasn't. Ask any of the GP if they know what Brat is and they really wouldn't know.

Girl, so confusing well...duh. "any of the GP" would barely name any album.

I am not saying it is the biggest album to ever exist. My point is BRAT & Brat Summer have absolutely branched out of the chronically online gays circles and usual stan twitter bubble that checks for Charli. Several songs are viral and used by locals. 360 is a proper hit and the memes are everywhere. The Apple TikTok trend is big and still growing. The lime green/black font combo is becoming immediately recognizable and so many brands are jumping on it and doing "brat themed ____".

The business of Brat

https://www.voguebusiness.com/story/fashion/the-business-of-brat

Can Fashion Sell 'Brat Summer'?

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/marketing-pr/how-fashion-can-sell-brat-summer/

How to Dress for a Brat Summer—With Inspiration From Street Style

https://www.vogue.com/article/how-to-dress-for-a-brat-summer-with-inspiration-from-street-style

I'm sorry if this is all "stan twitter" then you're delulu. Like okay if it was Pop 2 or CRASH then I'd agree you with, but not this.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 14

The album has definitely had an impact and is a cultural moment right now :rip: Most definitely one of the bigger music phenomenons this year. To deny that is something else, it's a commercial, critical and viral success.

• Like 11

Because of the Taylor debacle and the memes but it's not really culturally relevant

The way people think here selling albums = cultural impact. Brat is one of the biggest events of the year and I didn't listen the album lol it goes beyond stan twitter. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dialamba said:

The way people think here selling albums = cultural impact. Brat is one of the biggest events of the year and I didn't listen the album lol it goes beyond stan twitter. 

The thing is… she is selling albums. :laugh: 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

it's selling too

doing 10M+ streams nearly 2 months later is extremely impressive, especially for an artist her size, and it's only been rising recently 

bc you're gay [2]

bc talent and quality always win

ezgif-4-96f966a86c.thumb.gif.675361f165fc401aac68ec4609bfa6bf.gif

• Like 3

This is only a thing in gay twitter/x.

Because Charli has been consistently working on her craft for a decade, always turning out forward thinking, catchy tunes AND they got it right with the promotion and branding this time. It feels like the apex of what she's been doing for years and it has definitely spilled out of stan twitter/chronically online gay circles. Fans of terminally uncool, corny artists being perpetually pressed over others' success is a bonus.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

:rofl:

:bibliahh:

:rofl::bibliahh:

:bibliahh::rofl:

"feels more" is subjective not factual.

• Thanks 1

Maybe on gay twitter, atrl, and in your head.  But gp has no idea what that even is. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

:rofl:

:bibliahh:

:rofl::bibliahh:

:bibliahh::rofl:

us whenever we see your threads/posts

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

it's the pop bible for the chronically online people :WAP:

Brat isn't like an Adele or Taylor album by any means but it's also clearly penetrating beyond stan twitter and her core fan base. 

I think it's taking off because it has a clear POV both aesthetically and musically. You kinda instantly get what "brat" is even if you've only engaged with the content through memes or snippets. I think Chappell's album is the same. 

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ATRL really is something else… :gaycat7:

because you are gay

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.