Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

42 minutes ago, reymiu said:

These shows have helped Kelly and Gwen too

Without The Voice, Kelly probably wouldn't have become a daytime talk show

Gwen got 2 crossover/ country top 40 hits with Blake (Nobody but You - #18 peak, 2x plat + Happy Anywhere - #32, 1x Plat) and "You make it feel like Xmas" (platinum)

Well yeah but I'm talking about music and The Voice gave Kelly her lowest selling albums and zero hits even though she utilized it to the max and resonated with its audience.

Gwen's situation is more complicated. If she was just on The Voice, without the Blake relationship and country rebrand, there would be no career boost for her either, as evidenced by the fact that all her singles that aren't Blake duets have tanked even though she launched them on the show. The Christmas song came out (and peaked) before she joined The Voice. The show may have helped it a bit but a #2 Bubbling Under peak and taking 6 years for a platinum plaque is not an outstanding result after performing the song on The Voice TWICE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

I'm excited for this song, Kesha fans are shook

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 10

Really wish it was coming this week and not next but oh well :coffee2:

• Like 1

It's going to be DOA for the mainstream but I can kind of see this one lingering on dance music playlists for a while to give it longevity. 

it's a shame social media/the media is going to be quick to bury the album/era otherwise I feel like this one could have a longer life than something like Woman's World. 

Edited by FantasyRide

1 minute ago, FantasyRide said:

It's going to be DOA for the mainstream but I can kind of see this one lingering on dance music playlists for a while to give it longevity. 

it's a shame social media/the media is going to be quick to bury the album/era otherwise I feel like this one could have a longer life than something like Woman's World. 

I think you're right with dance carrying it a bit. I sent the snippet to a couple DJ friends and both had good things to say. Hopefully it sounds good in a club and has a proper house bass line. 

• Like 1

some people need to realize that WW going #63 and then dropping out will be the peak of this whole era chart-wise, lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, FantasyRide said:

Agree, as much as I want to like it, it already sounds dated from the clips I've seen of it. Her team are doing her so dirty, imagine the pure number of demos etc that would have been available to Katy for her big comeback, and these were their best choices? This will go down as the biggest fumble in pop history.

Lemme wait to hear Nirvana!

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Danny1021 said:

I'm excited for this song, Kesha fans are shook

what does one have to do with the other-

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xjd47nlmmtdayu4gvu652ngg6b8edke38aak2fz7&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Thanks 1

Well. She needs to work really hard this era. Her seat is busy.

It looks like the MV won't be cheap at all!

I bet it goes through different eras of time, decades and centuries and her finding her lover every time.

:jonnycat:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Rihlord said:

I bet it goes through different eras of time, decades and centuries and her finding her lover every time.

:jonnycat:

if executed properly, that would be amazing concept:jonny5:

57 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

if executed properly, that would be amazing concept:jonny5:

This is Katy, we know it wouldn't :jonny5:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, kos1692 said:

It looks like the MV won't be cheap at all!

could be cheap in a teenage dream way i wouldn't care 

One week to go friends :heart:

• Like 4

On 7/30/2024 at 10:38 PM, spree said:

isn't Benson Boone from Idol?

When did he withdraw? He wasn't even top 10 

Oooh, these photo look promising!

• Like 4

The way this might potentially be one of her best singles and videos ever; but she ruined all the hype already with WW

spacer.png

• Like 2

I'm lowkey kinda excited for this even though the hype kinda died down :biblio:

• Like 1

I pray this won't be another cringe video

This can't come fast enough, perched for this single! :bird:

13 hours ago, opticalillusion said:

could be cheap in a teenage dream way i wouldn't care 

i hope it's a serious MV, i don't want another funny Katy again!

I think WWs 3 million debut was good. If Lifetimes can replicate, then maybe good word of mouth can help. I rather have a slow grower than a "big" debut and drop out.

By this time next week, I'll be bopping to this and WW's on a loop and life will be worth living!

• Like 5

She kinda stopped hyping this up, just one week before the release :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.