Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

This is some kind of horror, because for the last 7 years she has been building awareness among the American Idol audience (married women, 36-55 years old, with children and earnings up to $70k/year), but her Idol work has not been embodied in the feedback from this audience. :rip:

In fact, this is another rebranding and a change of positioning as in the era of Witness, because AC smashes were expected from it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

1 minute ago, Bends said:

This is some kind of horror, because for the last 7 years she has been building awareness among the American Idol audience (married women, 36-55 years old, with children and earnings up to $70k/year), but her Idol work has not been embodied in the feedback from this audience. :rip:

In fact, this is another rebranding and a change of positioning as in the era of Witness, because AC smashes were expected from it.

AI ratings have been averaging low single digits. Without looking it up I can't name a single winner from her time. 

1 minute ago, Ramcoro said:

AI ratings have been averaging low single digits. Without looking it up I can't name a single winner from her time. 

I'm more about awareness, because the essence of an Idol for Katy was precisely to clean up her reputation and public image. Let's see how Idol will affect the release of the album, but so far it doesn't look promising.

2 hours ago, Bends said:

I'm more about awareness, because the essence of an Idol for Katy was precisely to clean up her reputation and public image. Let's see how Idol will affect the release of the album, but so far it doesn't look promising.

I think the essence of Idol for Katy was to make a shitload of money. Those talent shows have never done anything for female artists. Not for Christina, not for Kelly, not for Gwen, not for Shakira, not for Britney, not for Miley, not for Alicia, certainly not for Paula. I guess it kind of helped J Lo but... eh?

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ramcoro said:

isn't Benson Boone from Idol?

1 hour ago, Ramcoro said:

You think Daisey might make an appearance? Even just a little cameo? 

I'm sure haters will say "CHILD LABOR" :isudumblmao:

I strongly believe she won't put Daisy under the spotlight. She still doesn't want even her photos to circulate on socials. 

Anyway you're sooo true about the haters' delusions:ace:

13 minutes ago, spree said:

isn't Benson Boone from Idol?

Who?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, FabForAThrowback said:

I strongly believe she won't put Daisy under the spotlight. She still doesn't want even her photos to circulate on socials. 

Anyway you're sooo true about the haters' delusions:ace:

Yeah, at her last tour in Play the cameras panned to Diasy for a second then quickly went away. Katy didn't look happy... she probably gave them a death stare.

A lot of parent celebrities are like that. I don't blame after you hear all the horror stories of child celebrities losing their childhood.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

Who?

The guy who sang that awful song Beautiful Things which is one of the biggest smashes this year. 

• Haha 2

Replying an Ig story by a fanpage about the haters, Katy has invited the Katycats to rise above and to never respond to them. Love that from her, she's so clever and self-aware, contrary to how haters want to describe her. 

• Like 4

this sounds basic af :toofunny3:

are Katy and Dr Luke creatively bankrupt? it seems so

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Bends said:

And she ruined that in one day by collaborating with Dr. Luke. Oh Katy...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

are Katy and Dr Luke creatively bankrupt? it seems so

i think this is the correct take.

i hate that she went back to him as much as any other sane katyrat, but the truth is, the songs could do well if they had some creative vision. the hype/visuals were/are there, but the rest...

with that being said, lifetimes sounds like a bop and a step in the right direction (for my basic gay ass so don't quote me f&gs), so i will probably give it more than a few hate streams that ww got :gaycat4:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

her favorite song until it most likely flops and she moves on to the next one :sistrens: queen is switching like 🚬🐐s!

can her next favorite song be nirvana tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, sam.teas said:

what a thread... :rip:

omg how are you i've been missing you on here tbh :chick3:

6 hours ago, halcyonday said:

9 days left, before she's changing her mind:khalyan::khalyan2:

• Haha 2

Like WW, this song's verses and pre-chorus are really lazy and sound disjointed to the chorus. The chorus is great but I don't think it'll be enough to save the song 

• Thumbs Down 1

I have a feeling that this is going to perform even worse than WW 

I actually like the Lifetimes snippet and it could have been a bop but I think people would still cancel it because of the Luke situation 

I still see the same comments in this thread hoping the song will somehow do well. Guys,  this song is a harmless bop but it's still associated with Luke so it has no future at all. 

honestly this whole album tbh, it will make Smile seem like a success. And honestly it's true because at least Smile had NRO and HIH. And even Daisies performed way better than WW without even a fraction of radio support. It still might be too early to write it off, but it's safe to say that commercial success is not in her bag this era at all. So let's just enjoy the music for what it is, a dance-focused album with some nice beats and basic lyrics. Something to pop your ***** to. At least the visuals are amazing this era so that's a win at least. 

I'm preparing myself for the next album which she said is gonna be an acoustic-rock, so that is what I'm looking forward to more than this tbh. I just sincerely hope that Greg Wells will be the executive producer so he'll bring the best out of her artistically. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

omg how are you i've been missing you on here tbh :chick3:

doing good, ty! :bird:

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

I still see the same comments in this thread hoping the song will somehow do well. Guys,  this song is a harmless bop but it's still associated with Luke so it has no future at all. 

honestly this whole album tbh, it will make Smile seem like a success. And honestly it's true because at least Smile had NRO and HIH. And even Daisies performed way better than WW without even a fraction of radio support. It still might be too early to write it off, but it's safe to say that commercial success is not in her bag this era at all. So let's just enjoy the music for what it is, a dance-focused album with some nice beats and basic lyrics. Something to pop your ***** to. At least the visuals are amazing this era so that's a win at least. 

I'm preparing myself for the next album which she said is gonna be an acoustic-rock, so that is what I'm looking forward to more than this tbh. I just sincerely hope that Greg Wells will be the executive producer so he'll bring the best out of her artistically. 

Let's hope acoustic rock be more TOTGA AND TOY and not What Makes a Woman or Saved as Draft.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:22 PM, Truth Teller said:

I think the essence of Idol for Katy was to make a shitload of money. Those talent shows have never done anything for female artists. Not for Christina, not for Kelly, not for Gwen, not for Shakira, not for Britney, not for Miley, not for Alicia, certainly not for Paula. I guess it kind of helped J Lo but... eh?

These shows have helped Kelly and Gwen too

Without The Voice, Kelly probably wouldn't have become a daytime talk show

Gwen got 2 crossover/ country top 40 hits with Blake (Nobody but You - #18 peak, 2x plat + Happy Anywhere - #32, 1x Plat) and "You make it feel like Xmas" (platinum)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.