Final predictions (7/27): Shaboozey #1, Woman's World #57

B-Luke

Who the **** is still streaming Lose Control in the middle of an Eminem album release?

Edited by pride4jc1222
  • Haha 1

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• pride4jc1222

• Green

• Enrique523

I don't understand why Sabrina's label is refusing to push Espresso to rhythmic. I get that her music overall is not the rhythmic type so they don't care to build her there, but that extra 5-6m airplay for Espresso could be the little nudge she needs to eventually get to #1 or at least #2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Communion said:

we-cant-be-friends-debuts-at-on-billboar

:jonny6:

I was thinking Ariana but she's an R&B girlie too. If she wanted to do an R&B album for her next era she'll be fully supported. I meant Aretha Franklin loved her.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Who the **** is still streaming Lose Control in the middle of an Eminem album release?

radio

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, TiaTamera said:

The pop community is so unforgiving :dies: is there any pop star who is mostly known for pop (so Taylor and Rihanna don't count) that has a loyal, dedicated, and financially supportive fanbase a decade in besides like Madonna and Mariah? Especially after taking long breaks in between releases. The pop fans seem to move on so fast. I'm mean I feel like maybe Britney even when taking into consideration what happened, but sheesh.

I didn't listen to the song, and probably won't ever on purpose so idk if it's good or not, but I feel like the quality doesn't matter.

Huh? This is the case for literally every "main pop girl" except Katy. None of them would bomb this hard with a hyped up lead. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

People 

12 minutes ago, dussymob said:

People 

But how though? I don't really see the appeal of the song. It's absolutely unlistenable. There's no reason why it should still be in the Top 10 near 50 weeks into its run, when everything else around it is fresh. Even Cruel Summer wasn't charting that high at that point in its run, and that one was getting 3-4 million streams daily on global Spotify.

4 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

But how though? I don't really see the appeal of the song. It's absolutely unlistenable. There's no reason why it should still be in the Top 10 near 50 weeks into its run, when everything else around it is fresh. Even Cruel Summer wasn't charting that high at that point in its run, and that one was getting 3-4 million streams daily on global Spotify.

Just because it's u listenable to you don't mean others don't like it. Song appeals to urban audiences. Music is subjective. That lady Gaga album was awful to me but a bunch of pop Stans loved it 

LC biggest gainer in the Top 10, oh someone is about to get mad. Hope Em returns to the Top 10

I hope Chappell hasn't peaked yet. #10 is a good peak for a breakthrough hit but I hope it does better. :jonny5:

On 7/16/2024 at 4:17 PM, Truth Teller said:

I don't understand why Sabrina's label is refusing to push Espresso to rhythmic. I get that her music overall is not the rhythmic type so they don't care to build her there, but that extra 5-6m airplay for Espresso could be the little nudge she needs to eventually get to #1 or at least #2.

Because they're not gonna play it? :rip:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roberto said:

I hope Chappell hasn't peaked yet. #10 is a good peak for a breakthrough hit but I hope it does better. :jonny5:

for her sake I hope so, she doesnt want the attention at all

5 hours ago, Prodigal Self said:

Because they're not gonna play it? :rip:

They're already playing it and have been for months. It's #37 with over 1m audience.

On 7/15/2024 at 5:35 AM, Riverbank said:

I wonder if this will manage to outpeak Paula Abdul's 2008 comeback single

:clack:

A bop, for the record. Katy should take notes.

:clack:

• Confused 1

Katy outdoing herself once again for becoming a bigger flop than her previous era. Pretty sure she'll top it again if she gets a next time.

WW debuting ~#57 and that's 20 spots higher the initial projections. The power of payola!

• Like 2

#57 despite being out the top 200 on US Spotify and US apple music oh wow. it's truly a miracle :chick3:

Way better than I expected 

Highest-charting Dr. Luke songs by pop girls, 2015-2024:

#55 - "Alone" by Kim Petras

#57 - "Woman's World" by Katy Perry [Prediction]

#76 - "Ain't Your Mama" by Jennifer Lopez

His big comeback being ruined by the backlash. Charting lower than Alone. :deadbanana4:

Based on:

On 6/19/2024 at 11:36 AM, Communion said:

2015 - None

2016 - "Ain't Your Mama" - Jennifer Lopez, #76

2017 - None

2018 - None

2019 - None

2020 - None

2021 - None

2022 - None

2023 - "Alone" by Kim Petras, #55

2024 - None

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

The radio payola for Katy :deadbanana: it's gonna bomb next week hard

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

#57- OUT ? :giraffe:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

#57 despite being out the top 200 on US Spotify and US apple music oh wow. it's truly a miracle :chick3:

Way better than I expected 

It's not a miracle 

It's radio payola and physical sales 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

The streams for Illusion vs all the other songs around it... :deadbanana:

#57 is WAY too high for that pile of garbage, the radio payola really did all the job here since it bombed out of existence on Spotify after only 1 day :toofunny3:

Watch it disappear out of the charts entirely by next week :toofunny3: