Spotify Day 7: Woman's World, N/A Global, N/A US, N/A Norway

burninredhot

59 minutes ago, cyberraga said:

Even going back to Bonnie would be a mistake. She makes the same kind of music as WW.

Katy needs to play to her strength — pop rock. Go back to people like Greg Wells, Butch Walker, Christopher Stewart, Benny Blanco, Sam Hollander, David Stewart

Uh, that's a great idea. 

Pop-rock but with a modern twist. Love it.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• BrokenMachine

• Nefertiti0

• Broken

Why did I just burst out laughing while looking at all these OUTs? :toofunny3: :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

It's what she deserves :jonny5:

This is really bad. And she did everything beforehand, serving looks and doing promo for the song. All for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brazil said:

Katy Perry is really good for a throwback 

:suburban:

Fabulous 

87309687-0-image-a-1_1720942747530.jpg

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

The main problem is that she aimed to the geys in this era, from the aesthetics to the music, and it was obvious they would say NO.

Straight guys and Karens aren't gonna eat this. She needed another type of generic and brainless song like Espresso or Dance The Night.

:grill:

as if woman's world have incredible and thoughtful lyrics. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Day 2:
It only charts in Norway #155(-75)
Global OUT
US OUT
UK OUT
Brazil OUT 
Finland OUT
Sweden OUT
Hong Kong OUT
Ireland OUT
Portugal OUT
Singapore OUT
Venezuela OUT
Canada OUT
Costa Rica OUT
Taiwan OUT
Italy OUT

Jesus Christ.... 

It's what she deserves for serving Small Talk 2.0 type of garbage song 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

The main problem is that she aimed to the geys in this era, from the aesthetics to the music, and it was obvious they would say NO.

Straight guys and Karens aren't gonna eat this. She needed another type of generic and brainless song like Espresso or Dance The Night.

:grill:

No one cares about her in 2024

• Like 2

probably this is the biggest downfall for a main pop girl. Jesus.

Oop. I know someone somewhere is having a massive tantrum. :fan:

ADFF1F43-3C11-4DE1-952E-FA0379A02DA1.thu

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

The fact she thinks she's going to be able to do a world tour off this album :bibliahh: 

which I don't know where the confidence came from

I doubt if she can fill arenas, I think she's a certified Vegas or theatre act at this point

This does seem like the final chapter of her music career. I don't see how she can possibly come back from this even if she serves quality for the next single. Actually I'd be surprised if they even attempt to push another single after this fiasco. :rip: Her label has already invested heavily in this single with radio airplay but it's only looking like more diminishing returns for her. The fact that this era is already making Smile look like Teenage Dream in comparison :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, theweekend said:

probably this is the biggest downfall for a main pop girl. Jesus.

Not really... I can see quite some other examples... 

Nelly furtado comes to mind

59 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Sorry but like all the bs aside. How is flopping this bad even possible? I'm so lost and confused beyond words. All the promo she did in hyping this single up. Something just shifted the moment this song got released and I don't even know what it is. But it feels like a permanent change.

I could see this coming. The people are just not interested in her music anymore as time passes by.

Her previous eras were super successful because she made very good Disney-type videos. Those teen pop songs are catchy.

She's almost in her 40s and keeps releasing 2010s outdated teen pop. If I want so, why don't I listen to Olivia instead?

I know you are a fan but she lacks vocals. She failed to prove she can sustain. This is her 3rd chance and the result shows she can't or failed to evolve.

I know this is harsh but ageism does exist - no one is really interested to see a 40 years old woman singing teen pop.

Working with Dr. Luke while sining about feminism is a hypocrisy as well.

Edited by shakeyourbombom
  • Thanks 1

Oh no!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

She's so dumb and I'm glad she's not being rewarded for it. A moment most pleasing to me actually 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Schami66 said:

I don't think it's over for her, just yet.

She has the looks. She "just" needs the right songs. 

The second single HAS to be be amazing, catchy and should not sound like kidz bop 2009. 

Promote a new song with some throwback tunes and combine legacy with new music.

Maybe she should ditch Luke and Go back to Bonnie Mckee 

ok she gets a hit then what? the fact is there will never be any hype for a katy perry album even if she gets 5 #1's again. she doesn't even have 1 album track over 100m streams, there is just no demand for katy's music, and the right song won't help that. if she spends the next 6 years dropping albums that are great and authentic then maybe people will be interested 

The most wasted opportunity for a comeback ever :biblio:

6 hours ago, umich said:

What happened? This is not what we were used to seeing.

spacer.png

Not even I have streamed that trashy song

#NotMyKaty

:clack:

I'm a KC through and through but she kind of deserves it tbh, she and her team full of yes men are in desperate need of a reality check. After the disaster that was Witness it took her 3 years to follow up with Smile which was even more of a bomb, but at least she was releasing collabs and droplets so she was trying. It's been pretty much radio silence since then.

If she has any capability to reinvent herself she needs to abandon this single NOW, move onto the next one, drop the album and have a new album to go next year. But in reality we'll get the new album in 2028

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

Not really... I can see quite some other examples... 

Nelly furtado comes to mind

Nelly never had not even close run to Katy. I get Loose was HUGE but she wasn't chasing hits AT ALL with a Spanish album as Loose follow up. AND Katy had 3 very successful eras - one of them being the biggest singles wise tied with MJ - so she fell off much more.

I would compare her to Christina. though for X but after Bionic/Lotus she gave up.

• Like 1

And the only thing she needed to have a decent comeback was a good song. No one expects her to pull Teenage Dreams numbers, but literally every single song she has previewed is better than the lead single( and that says a lot since all of them are lukewarm at best). Reinvent yourself a little, you have nothing to lose at this point.

Edited by Misguided Ghost

I can see the YouTube video essays coming about this era already :rip: 

like *checks notes* working with Dr Luke again, the car from Elon, the Trisha collab, that weird IG incident, following Ben Shapiro, the flag thing, the song and MV…wew what a nasty concoction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.