• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• BrokenMachine

• Nefertiti0

• Broken

The main problem is that she aimed to the geys in this era, from the aesthetics to the music, and it was obvious they would say NO.

Straight guys and Karens aren't gonna eat this. She needed another type of generic and brainless song like Espresso or Dance The Night.

:grill:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

Dr. Luke destroyed her career

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Matthew4815 said:

Did it actually? Wow. That's ******* hilarious.

It did not. 

Why she decided to go for a female empowerment anthem is beyond me, especially when it's THIS bad. There are SO many ways that it could have gone wrong and EVERY single one of those ways is happening now. And why encourage people to judge you on how you're representing women? Like why have your comeback single potentially tainted by that discourse?

She really just needed a Never Really Over-esque song. Something that's just a solid, well-made pop song.

She had so much goodwill going into this release. She's been nailing her looks the last few years. People have nostalgia for Teenage Dream. Everyone was so willing to bring Katy back into the fold and she dropped probably the worst possible song and video to return with.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Why she decided to go for a female empowerment anthem is beyond me, especially when it's THIS bad. There are SO many ways that it could have gone wrong and EVERY single one of those ways is happening now. And why encourage people to judge you on how you're representing women? Like why have your comeback single potentially tainted by that discourse?

She really just needed a Never Really Over-esque song. Something that's just a solid, well-made pop song.

She had so much goodwill going into this release. She's been nailing her looks the last few years. People have nostalgia for Teenage Dream. Everyone was so willing to bring Katy back into the fold and she dropped probably the worst possible song and video to return with.

Because she obviously thinks empowerment is her schtick and she though it was slam dunk.

1 minute ago, NoAngelus said:

Because she obviously thinks empowerment is her schtick and she though it was slam dunk.

She even said this in one of the interviews recently :dies: you cant take your two biggest hits Roar and Firework and go 'lemme do another empowerment anthem'

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

She even said this in one of the interviews recently :dies: you cant take your two biggest hits Roar and Firework and go 'lemme do another empowerment anthem'

The funny thing is she combined all things she thought people wanted from her but no one actually wanted them:

- empowerment

- cringe video with forced meme worthy comedy

- 2 minute song

- dr luke

- dated stupid love production

• Haha 1

Just now, NoAngelus said:

The funny thing is she combined all things she thought people wanted from her but no one actually wanted them:

- empowerment

- 2 minute song

- dr luke

+ Long black hair and boobs 

the way it's already below Joyride on the charts :deadbanana4: 

• Haha 1

This album is probably going to battle Holy F*ck for the title of the biggest flop of an pop girl

:rip:

• Haha 1

I can't believe how bad this is doing. If this doesn't rebound tomorrow, it might chart on the Bubbling Under.

1 minute ago, corotinho said:

This album is probably going to battle Holy F*ck for the title of the biggest flop of an pop girl

:rip:

Demi wasn't even trying with HF. Katy is pulling all the stops. This is just sad. But she dug her own grave with the awful choices made so far.

• Like 2

This is a NUCLEAR level BOMB :deadbanana:

I'm sure there are towns in rural Japan with their sirens going off as I type this 

• Haha 9

it was bad for her... it was really bad for her

AmYNsDR.gif

630K unfiltered global streams today so far. It had 925K this time yesterday and 2.07M this time Friday.

Will she even debut on the Hot 100 at this rate?

ezgif-3-9014afe385.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think it's poetic that she's doing the same kind of numbers kim petras was probably doing when she started her career with dr. luke songs.

Truly mother and daughter, just the way kats wanted.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

- empowerment

- 2 minute song

- dr luke

I also think ppl are tired of the empowerment songs. Sorry to tell ya, nobody cares. And nobody is excited to see gay couple kissing in a video.

She must be so ******* miserable. God is real

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

In my opinion; NRO, HIH, NWW, Daisies were great signs of growth. But unfortunately ruined by Small Talk, Smile & INTEOTW. 

INTEOTW is a bop and Small Talk is misunderstood. It's actually got great production. I like to listen to the ST instrumental. Lol

1 hour ago, DemDam92 said:

I also think ppl are tired of the empowerment songs. Sorry to tell ya, nobody cares. And nobody is excited to see gay couple kissing in a video.

People don't care about lyrics as long as the song is good. This idea that people are VOLUNTARILY avoiding empowerment songs is just not reality, that's not the reason why this song is bombing so hard :toofunny3:

• Thumbs Down 1

oh it was bad :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.