Spotify Day 7: Woman's World, N/A Global, N/A US, N/A Norway

burninredhot

It being DOA and having a quick death is probably for the better tbh. When a song tanks this hard, do you even care or stress about it anymore? 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• BrokenMachine

• Nefertiti0

• Broken

I actually really like the song… it's classic pop and its been stuck in my head. I'm sad it's bombing so hard. She needs to think of something really quick :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Because at least they were getting decent songs and potential hits, not a subpar song like this. The way they did every step except RELEASING GOOD MUSIC, they deserve this level of flopping for being so dumb :deadbanana2:

And she had an actual catchy song on the album called Lifetime which makes this even worse lol

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The numbers of the first  single are dramatic. Can only get worst. Now i'm thinking It's hard for the album to get even 35k opening. Imo She will fight for a top10 debut. 

I think Camila set the bar as low as possible with having barely any song chart. She still nearly made the Top 10 with ~35k.

Katy should clear that if her album comes with physicals.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This is completely deserved. I really thought she was finally going to comeback in full form and take her career seriously again, but she once AGAIN centers her era around being "camp" and a "joke" when it has not worked for her for 10 YEARS :deadbanana4: She keeps beating a dead horse and I can't believe she thought running to Luke with the same failing formula was going to magically work this time. 

At first I felt bad about how much she was flopping, but now I just think she's moronic and her entire team is too. She's going to be pushing Madonna's age in the future still releasing "funny" and "camp" music videos. Her last good and mature music video was what... TOTGA? That's just so embarrassing. 

In my opinion; NRO, HIH, NWW, Daisies were great signs of growth. But unfortunately ruined by Small Talk, Smile & INTEOTW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This is completely deserved. I really thought she was finally going to comeback in full form and take her career seriously again, but she once AGAIN centers her era around being "camp" and a "joke" when it has not worked for her for 10 YEARS :deadbanana4: She keeps beating a dead horse and I can't believe she thought running to Luke with the same failing formula was going to magically work this time. 

At first I felt bad about how much she was flopping, but now I just think she's moronic and her entire team is too. She's going to be pushing Madonna's age in the future still releasing "funny" and "camp" music videos. Her last good and mature music video was what... TOTGA? That's just so embarrassing. 

I don't think taking your career seriously and being camp are mutually exclusive. I think Katy is taking her career seriously and she thought this would work. :deadbanana: That's the crazy thing, she thought this would work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

The way the single announcement and Dr Luke confirmation had some Katy Cats crawling out trying to get in their drags only for it to BOMB harder than any of her previous lead singles.

Back to hiding again and stanning Dua/Sabrina/whoever is popular at the moment it seems!

4CIxAWN.gif

Yeah, Katy Cats came out of hiding after several years and turned into a somehow worse fanbase than the Barbz for just for WW to bomb harder than anything she had released so far :toofunny3:

This could almost make me believe in karma :toofunny3:

• Haha 12

This is Hiroshima-level bad :hoetenks:

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I think Camila set the bar as low as possible with having barely any song chart. She still nearly made the Top 10 with ~35k.

Katy should clear that if her album comes with physicals.

Who is buying a Katy Perry vinyl? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

OUT???! OMG I don't think she'll be able to recover from this major flop after many flops ever again

EoK2ulW.gif

• Haha 2

It's no surprise this is bombing is truly bad

I don't think the GP are interested in new Katy anyway, unless it's something really good and obviously this isn't that, and judging by those snippets the whole album is really bad

• Like 1

If she wants to be taken semi seriously ever again and maybe get a mini hit in like two years, she should definitely apologise for collaborating with a r*pist and say she's gonna take a break and release a version of the album withour Dr.Luke productions.

• Confused 1

I love Katy… but wow, the Public really don't care for her anymore at all

This is what she quit American Idol and a $25m annual paycheck for. Will this even debut on the Hot 100? The Bubbling Under chart, even? Will 143 even go top 10?!

I mean she'll always have her old pop classics to fall back on, but yeah, she's done done.

• Haha 1

If Dr. Puke wasn't involved, this song would have done much better. Probably not a hit but I don't think she would be getting as panned as she is now. Honestly? Deserved. Maybe the second single won't be a Puke production.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

This is unfathomable... This is one of the rare occurrences where we might actually be witnessing a point-of-no-return type career-ending single

And I actually really love the song, I have no idea why it's doing that bad.

I'm also very conflicted on whether I feel bad for her because I love Katy and I wanted her to have a comeback, but... Luke...

...you have no idea? REALLY? :toofunny3:

• Haha 10

22 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Yeah, Katy Cats came out of hiding after several years and turned into a somehow worse fanbase than the Barbz for just for WW to bomb harder than anything she had released so far :toofunny3:

This could almost make me believe in karma :toofunny3:

Mte. Like they were really doing all of this just for a bigger bomb than Daisies: 

26 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

In my opinion; NRO, HIH, NWW, Daisies were great signs of growth. But unfortunately ruined by Small Talk, Smile & INTEOTW. 

I actually quite liked Smile lol 😔 Also wtf is INTEOTW???

6 minutes ago, C_Colstead said:

This is what she quit American Idol and a $25m annual paycheck for. Will this even debut on the Hot 100? The Bubbling Under chart, even? Will 143 even go top 10?!

I mean she'll always have her old pop classics to fall back on, but yeah, she's done done.

She'll always have decent recurrent streaming numbers for her 2008-2013 singles, but if she ever decides to go back to American Idol or anything similar she will never in a million years see that kind of 25m/year paycheque  

3 minutes ago, Extinctkid said:

The fact that Smile was supposed to get a P.Diddy remix :rip: 

An utter disaster :deadbanana2:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Extinctkid said:

It's not the end of the world

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.