Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

I just got back from the gym and "CRUSH" hits differently on the treadmill! 

spacer.png

• Like 4

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

• thismoment

3 hours ago, MasterXPosed said:

Had to do a mashup for this!

This is a really good mashup. Thank you!

The critics were never going to like this album, but if all of its songs had two verses and a middle 8, I think its commercial prospects would've been better. "Lifetimes" is one verse short of being a KP classic, and "All The Love" could get there with a middle 8 and some guitar strumming. Only Stargate stuck to the tried and true formula. 

• Like 1

After a few complete listenings, here's my score on the album :

Woman's World — 7/10

Gimme Gimme — 5/10

Gorgeous — 5,5/10

I'm His, He's Mine — 7/10

Crush — 7,5/10

Lifetimes — 7,5/10

All the Love — 6,5/10

Nirvana — 7,5/10

Artificial — 5,5/10

Truth — 5,5/10

Wonder — 6,5/10

Total — 6,5/10

Overall it's a okay album, some songs are good and fit in any predrink background playlist. I also think the setlist order doesn't help the album, Gimme and Gorgeous should have been later on the record. Gorgeous could have been THAT song but it's so badly produced and the featuring is useless. Crush, Lifetimes and Nirvana are the 3 stand out songs for me 

• Like 2

My tier list right now:
1. Lifetimes 

2. Artificial

3. Nirvana

4. I'm His He's Mine

5. All The Love

6. Wonder

7. Womans World

8. Truth 

9. Gorgeus

10. Crush

11. Gimmie Gimmie

on second listen, Crush gets much better. Her vocals in the chorus sounded too annoying to me when i listened for the first time. The 00s dance intrumental is fire

• Like 2

Has A Heart is a cute Betterhelp jingle 

No More Years For New Year's is very Sabrina/Chappell coded, cute

• Haha 2

this album isn't as awful as anyone says, it's just very mid… but i'm his he's mine should smash 

• Like 2

I found myself listening to it way more often that I would like to admit. I don't use at all the beginning of the album and in my opinion it's trash but starting from I'm his, his mine, I really enjoy the vibe. One thing tho is that I can't deny that all those tracks would have greatly profited from other producers. Very very formulatic and half baked. If she wanted her dance moment, there was plenty of great producers, particularly from Europe, that would have done an amazing job. I like the London sessions from Mary J Blige for the idea more than for the music if I have to be honest but she could have gone there. 

It's not where I would like her to be at this point in her career and some choices were made that she will pay for a long time. Everything is just too out of place for the current state of the music industry. Everybody ****** her somehow, and she did it probably to herself too to some degree, but at the end of the day, it will be a big fiasco for everyone involved. 

it's really sad to think about the momentum that was building itself organically just before she dropped this damn snippet and the confirmation that Dr Luke was producing all the album. 

let's enjoy what's left for a while before it falls into the darkness. 

• Like 5

You can say whatever you want about "GORGEOUS" but there is no denying that the "I know that you wanna know my name / I know that you wanna play that game" part is such a goddamn vibe… The fast synthy drums when this part starts, Katy's delivery, the harmonies… I ASCEND :worship2:

Edited by psychodiva336
  • Like 2

I don't know what took so long girls but all the love finally hit today :WAP: i think it's sneaking into my top 3 

• Like 2

A win is a win :jonny:

Edited by OrgVisual
  • Like 6

The response to this album is so dramatic :bibliahh:, its perfectly FINE. A solid 4-5/10

Woman's World — 3/10

Gimme Gimme — 4/10

Gorgeous — 5/10

I'm His, He's Mine — 8/10

Crush — 7/10

Lifetimes — 8/10

All the Love — 6.5/10

Nirvana — 7.5/10

Artificial — 5/10

Truth — 7/10

Wonder — 5/10

• Like 3

I dont get the hate for Gimme Gimme. Can yall tell why you dislike that song? Is it the lyric? I personally think it's the top 3 best song from 143.

• Like 5

I SEE LOW SCORES ON CERTAIN SONGS UP IN HERE...

spacer.png

I ASK THAT YOU KINDLY REPENT AND STREAM THEM 300X PLUS BUY THEM ON EVERY PLATFORM AVAILABLE FOR FORGIVENESS PRONTO!!!

SPzs.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Mirrorcle said:

I dont get the hate for Gimme Gimme. Can yall tell why you dislike that song? Is it the lyric? I personally think it's the top 3 best song from 143.

exactly! I feel so hood listening to that #badbitch song!

ughhh

*leaves twerking

sjkdnskjldsnflkdsmfkldsfds

196008-CB-A158-41-CB-8-A54-3-AAB77-C8-A2 

• Like 1

Also was #SHOOK that Katy wrote a song about moi

aka Gorgeous.mp3

UGHHH WHAT A SONG!!!!

GORGEOUS

papesnupi-dance.gif

• Like 1

Ok I lied. I kinda like this :emofish:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

Lyrics actually are fun the problem is song itself and Savage verse

Edited by BlueBlue

15 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

I kinda hated it at first but I find myself enjoying it more with every listen 

spacer.png

The hate is so forced :suburban: I'm happy that UK is giving us good news and 143 is going to be charting pretty high there :bird:

• Like 4

As someone who likes club/freestyle music Truth just really scratches that itch. It's phenomenal. 

Truth, Nirvana, All the Love > IHHM > Lifetimes > Crush > Wonder > Artificial > Gorgeous > WW > GG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.