Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

1 minute ago, RIKI232 said:

When do u think tour dates will be announced?

Someone said at the end of September and it could be accurate

• Like 4

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

The song is out of Spotify 

The song looks like it will follow the same way as Smile - Harley's In Hawaii and Lifetimes without radio release or impact, mainly in pop stations, so we can keep saying it's a promotional single again , until she releases another radio single as Never really over, Daisies and Woman's world were.

But, unfortunately I can't believe that a oficial single with proper radio push will chart anymore, I just can kiss 21 savage's feet now and asking him for saving.

18 hours ago, sam.teas said:

143 is a party and everyone is invited: the true message of the album is solidified and realized concretely throughout all the tracks, which delve into various life moments filled with joy and happiness, as well as difficulties and obstacles.

I want to point out that the descriptions were kept generic in an attempt not to spoil the final surprise, but, given the request, I decided to write this message for you.

Hide contents

ALL THE LOVE

The song alternates between verses of disillusionment and a chorus that celebrates the return of love and hope. The structure is quite simple but well-organized, with some small repetitions.

I had nothing left

But you came along and

ARTIFICIAL f/ JID

The song explores themes of confusion between the real and the artificial in a relationship. The verses express doubts about authenticity and emotional connection, while the repeated chorus questions who will save from losing mental sanity. Overall, it is quite repetitive.

Are you gonna love me like a human

Can you sex me in a simulation

CRUSH

The song features a traditional pop structure with a recurring chorus that expresses the symptoms of infatuation. The verses are interspersed with a pre-chorus that emphasizes excitement and the need for emotional reassurance.

Yeah I, I got those palpitations

Those boom boom booms

GIMME GIMME f/ 21Savage

The song alternates between verses by 21 Savage and Katy, with a repetitive and catchy chorus. 21 Savage's verses focus on wealth, attraction, and desire, while Katy's verses involve a seductive game, seeking both mental and physical stimulation. The structure is well-organized and alternating.

You don't see what I see, you blind (21)

Five stars whenever we eat

All I know is this feeling is deep

If you give me your heart, it's for keeps (21)

GORGEOUS f/ Kim Petras

The song has a repetitive structure with a dominant chorus that celebrates the beauty and confidence of the protagonists. The chorus, repeated multiple times, emphasizes the idea of going out for a night of fun and control.

All my girlies pop up on the regular

Pick your poison, baby, take a bite

NIRVANA

The song employs a repetitive structure with a chorus expressing a desire to reach a state of ecstasy or "nirvana." The central theme is euphoria and deep connection through shared emotional and sensory experiences, and it features the drop we know. 

Breathe me in another dose

Take a ride on my rainbow

TRUTH

The song expresses a desire to know the truth, even if it may cause pain. The repetitive chorus emphasizes the determination to uncover the truth, while the verses and pre-chorus explore signs of dishonesty and distance in a relationship. It ends in a particular way.

My father told me

The truth will set you free (set you free)
I read your history

Now it makes sense to me (sense to me)

————————————

HAS A HEART

The song features a simple and positive structure, with a chorus encouraging the spread of kindness and love to everyone, regardless of who they are.

Doesn't matter who you are

If we all give a little kindness

Something to remind us

Everybody has a heart

I WOKE UP

The song is optimistic, with a central theme of gratitude for a new day. The highly repetitive structure is dominated by the chorus, which expresses joy for being alive and invites celebration. The verses describe small daily actions too.

Throw your hands up in the sky

If you're happy you're alive

NO MORE TEARS FOR NEW YEARS

The song features a structure centered around a chorus that promises to leave behind pain and tears with the arrival of the new year. The verses reflect a mix of celebration and reflection on the past. The structure is well-crafted.

This black mascara is waterproof

'Cause I'm on my worst behavior 

OK

The song features a reassuring chorus that promises unconditional support regardless of the circumstances. The central theme is mutual commitment and support through highs and lows, conveying a message of hope and continuity.

Blood, sweat, tears

Have we had enough

Take my hand                                  

We're not giving up

—————————

Thank you with all my heart to everyone who has read all of this until the end. A special thanks goes to @Supervillain, an exceptional person with whom I've shared opinions, points of view, and much more since the beginning of 143. Dear ATRL family, thank you truly for everything you have done for me, but after the release of 143 and the end of September, I will be leaving the community for a while due to a series of important commitments. I thought about permanently deleting my account, but that seems like an "extreme" gesture: I prefer to leave the memories and experiences alive! Thank you all!

Thank you king you will be missed :heart2:

• Like 2

does anyone remember what's the case with artificial swamp version feat doechii? was that just a rumor or any truth behind that?

I really hope her team has prepared a surprise digital deluxe edition to be released next week to boost her numbers…

• Like 3

143 is charting on Apple Music Worldwide at #9 with only three songs released

Edited by oneoftheboys
  • Like 1

I'm His, He's Mine has grown on me so much since she played the snippet. I'm super hyped for this week, and the rest of the album!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Magno said:

The song is out of Spotify 

out as in sold out on spotify? OMG she's coming :duca:

Edited by ainadalkaz
  • Haha 2

IHHM and the VMA performance got me back on track, and I am excited for the release. Only 4 more days until I get to hear the album. :jonnycat:

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Mattically said:

Only 4 more days until I get to hear the album. :jonnycat:

Speaking of... do we know if 143 will be released at midnight local time, or will there be one set release time globally? 

I don't know if I should hype myself up for midnight between Thursday and Friday or for Friday morning 🤔

Edited by psychodiva336
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

Speaking of... do we know if 143 will be released at midnight local time, or will there be one set release time globally? 

I don't know if I should hype myself up for midnight between Thursday and Friday or for Friday morning 🤔

Same! I think at midnight, at least with SMiLE they did so, I don't remember with Witness

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

I'm assuming midnight local time (that's why I'm waiting until Thursday to listen, because of the time zones 👀). They already released IHHM locally, and I think most of the albums in general are released locally as well. 

• Like 2

We know the streaming numbers will be awful, but could she debut on the top 10 of the Billboard 200 based on pure sales?

Kelly Clarkson had horrible streaming numbers with her last album and she debuted at #6 on the Billboard 200 last year thanks to pure sales

2 minutes ago, Mattically said:

I'm assuming midnight local time (that's why I'm waiting until Thursday to listen, because of the time zones 👀). They already released IHHM locally, and I think most of the albums in general are released locally as well. 

it's a midnight local release, Spotify showing different countdowns in different time zones : https://open.spotify.com/prerelease/3c3Xn5w2DjG2r3Jyh8kWU4

• Like 3

I just bought a little radio box, because I want to hear the album for real. Hopping still this year buying a more complete mini system to hear them out loud.

I guess that 143 is already my third favorite álbum by her even not hearing it whole. But when it comes to Spotify debut, if GG doesn't have tths let's just expect 4-5 millions, while metacritic let's be sure it will be red, because yellow would be our universal acclaim, and let's survive.

Oh I'm so excited for the 143 release!!!

Maybe we should use a VPN to buy 143 from US digital stores?

• Like 1

Local time? Only 4 more days for me. :duca:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psychodiva336 said:

as sweet bestie @Nefertiti0 said, the album is a local release. 3days22hours left!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slore121 said:

We are getting KP6 in a couple days. I've literally prayed to not die before I've gotten the chance to listen to this album. 

Katheryn has always meant the world to me. Her music has been such a point of inspiration, of fun, of enjoyment. A centerpiece of so much memories for my friends and I alike. 

The pre-released songs are no different. They are pure, fun, catchy & unapologetically Katheryn songs. Whilst I'm not a fan of a particular producer, I can't fault Katy for this mistake, whether intentional or not. I can only hope she learns and grows from this experience; acknowledging the facts. 

Anyway, my KatyCats, we're on the home stretch. My excitement is constantly rising. I won't let anything bring me down. 
Katheryn, thank you in advance for all the amazing emotions you're about to unlock in me through your art. 

You're so sweet :hughard:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.